Interest for a Forum Meet at Thornbury in Bristol?

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
So, prompted by a comment in the lounge, thought I'd see who would be up for a meet/mini-meet at my club in the Spring/Summer/late season this year? (whichever suits everyone)

Obviously there's already a few events going on, but I'll put it out there anyway.

It's early days, but I would think (depending on numbers) we could get a weekend rate of less than £50 per person (over estimating) which would include bacon roll & coffee on arrival 18 holes on the par 3 course in the morning (which has stunning views across into Wales), a round on the main course and a two course meal in the evening (not sure if we could get lunch included for that price also).

There are also ample (cheap) accommodation options in the area for those travelling from a distance. There's a Premier Inn 5 minutes up the road and there's an 11 bedroom Lodge on site.

If you're interested, let me know, here's a few pictures of the course:

%5Cassets%5Cimg%5Cdataset%5CGallery-42-165-TH%20Gal%204th%20hole.jpg

%5Cassets%5Cimg%5Cdataset%5CGallery-42-166-TH%20Gal%208th%20hole.jpg

%5Cassets%5Cimg%5Cdataset%5CGallery-42-167-TH%20Gal%2010th%20hole.jpg

%5Cassets%5Cimg%5Cdataset%5CGallery-42-168-TH%20Gall%203rd%20hole.jpg

%5Cassets%5Cimg%5Cdataset%5CGallery-42-169-TH%20Gall%201st%20hole.jpg

Losttheplot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As per the lounge section discussion I'd be interested definately. It would be a day thing for me though, can't afford an overnighter unfortunately. (too many commitments...Doh!!)

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not a problem! Overnighter is only if people don't want the hassle of heading back on a long journey after a day's golf. You're only an hour and a half down the road, so it's an easy trip for you.

Timh27

Head Pro
Visit site
I would be up for it depending on date.

The further away the date the better at the moment as i have a baby due in 5 weeks and my mum has been diagnosed with terminal throat cancer so i have alot on my plate at the moment so days out golfing are a big no no in the next few months.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would be up for it depending on date.

The further away the date the better at the moment as i have a baby due in 5 weeks and my mum has been diagnosed with terminal throat cancer so i have alot on my plate at the moment so days out golfing are a big no no in the next few months.

Sorry to hear that mate :( My best wishes to you and your family. My sister is going through (exactly) the same thing with her Dad at the moment, so I know how tough it is.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Don't think i will be able to make this one. Blackmoor,Cooden and St Andrews already booked up this year, and possible Turkey next year. I need to start earning some brownie points. ;)

The_LHC

Head Pro
Visit site
I can't do weekend's in Bristol unfortunately (I work there but live quite a way away) but I can recommend Thornbury, great value course (I think we used to pay 14 quid for 18 holes in the summer evenings), not the longest but I used to enjoy it immensely. Apart from the 13th, bloody hate that hole, especially when the wind's blowing (it's almost always into a headwind). One of my exceptionally rare eagles was had at Thornbury, on the 7th, chipped in with my second shot. Actually I think that might be my only eagle, I can't remember any others.

Would be interesting to play it now I'm hitting the driver vaguely straight...

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can't do weekend's in Bristol unfortunately (I work there but live quite a way away) but I can recommend Thornbury, great value course (I think we used to pay 14 quid for 18 holes in the summer evenings), not the longest but I used to enjoy it immensely. Apart from the 13th, bloody hate that hole, especially when the wind's blowing (it's almost always into a headwind). One of my exceptionally rare eagles was had at Thornbury, on the 7th, chipped in with my second shot. Actually I think that might be my only eagle, I can't remember any others.

Would be interesting to play it now I'm hitting the driver vaguely straight...

Haha! The 13th is evil. And you "chipped" in on your 2nd on the 7th? You must be a member of the 300 club eh? ;)

If you fancy 9 holes after work one night in the summer, give me a shout. I'm only 20 minutes away.

S

Snelly

I am interested, especially if it is midweek as I am in Bristol 1-2 times a month with work (Airbus and GKN at Filton are my biggest customer).

In fact, I am staying at the Aztec on Thursday night!

Cheers,

Snelly.

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nice distance away from me. Could do either (stay or day trip) but only from mid May onwards as not back on the road till then.

Looks like a nice track.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am interested, especially if it is midweek as I am in Bristol 1-2 times a month with work (Airbus and GKN at Filton are my biggest customer).

In fact, I am staying at the Aztec on Thursday night!

Cheers,

Snelly.

As I said to LHC, once we get the evening's back, we'll have to get 9 or 18 sorted for after work if you're staying down! It's only 10 mins from the Aztec Hotel. Another nice track even closer to Aztec West is Woodlands Golf Club. I think twilight golf is cheaper at Thornbury though.

(I get my name from the American Football team I played for - the Bristol Aztecs)

S

Snelly

A game after work in Bristol would be great in summer.

I have had a few good rounds at a course that is fairly nearby called The Kendleshire. Been round there twice under par.

Once was to win the Airbus golf day!