Injury when at golf

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had a nightmare today, played our 1st hit it a bit right, recovered well and whilst walking out the rough put my foot in a rabbit hole and rolled my ankle!!!!! managed to finish the round and then sat down for a drink in the club house and then after about 40 mins I went to stand up and my ankle was like a balloon, well hobbled to the car went to A&E and luckily only a sprain. Got me thinking what's the worst injury you've suffered when at golf?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not horrific but jumped a ditch to get my ball, oob, thinking I could easily jump it. I could, 10 years previously, but mid air I realised the spring was no longer there ?. Just made it but I had sore shins for about 3 weeks after.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Played my second at the 18th at my old place years ago and thought I’d pulled a muscle between my shoulder blades. It got progressively worse to the point I thought I was having a heart attack by the time I’d finished - shortness of breath, sweating and chest pain.

I ended up in A & E and a couple of hours later had a chest drain in - my lung had collapsed.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not horrific but jumped a ditch to get my ball, oob, thinking I could easily jump it. I could, 10 years previously, but mid air I realised the spring was no longer there ?. Just made it but I had sore shins for about 3 weeks after.
Almost exactly the same for me today. I ended up performing an ignominious roll.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Damaged Achilles tendon after after my foot was caught in a rabbit hole and strain in the lower back from no particular reason.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
3 come to mind.

1) playing Rothesay I put a tee shot fairly close to a wall. The wall ran parallel to the direction of the hole. I nailed my second shot… a touch more right. It caught a rock sticking out of the wall, and as my head came up on the follow through it hit me just above the right eye. Out like a light. An overnight stay in hospital.

2) the following week a guy on the next tee, running counter to the hole I was playing, hooked his tee shot. One bounce and right into the unmentionables.

3) a few years back, whilst lining up a putt, a guy on the next tee hooked his tee shot. Hit me on the left cheek, mashing the inside of said cheek on my teeth. Out like a light, but came to drowning in my own blood. Paramedics arrived but weren’t happy and decided to call out the air ambulance.

greenone

Visit site
3 come to mind.

1) playing Rothesay I put a tee shot fairly close to a wall. The wall ran parallel to the direction of the hole. I nailed my second shot… a touch more right. It caught a rock sticking out of the wall, and as my head came up on the follow through it hit me just above the right eye. Out like a light. An overnight stay in hospital.

2) the following week a guy on the next tee, running counter to the hole I was playing, hooked his tee shot. One bounce and right into the unmentionables.

3) a few years back, whilst lining up a putt, a guy on the next tee hooked his tee shot. Hit me on the left cheek, mashing the inside of said cheek on my teeth. Out like a light, but came to drowning in my own blood. Paramedics arrived but weren’t happy and decided to call out the air ambulance.
Do your playing partners receive danger money? ?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Playing our 4th in a pairs betterball comp. Tee shot came to rest against a tree root. Tried to play it, ball shot straight up and hit me in the eye socket. Fortunately missed the eye, but split my skull and took me down. Got up covered in blood and finished the round, but was no use to my partner.

WGCRider

Visit site
Playing our 4th in a pairs betterball comp. Tee shot came to rest against a tree root. Tried to play it, ball shot straight up and hit me in the eye socket. Fortunately missed the eye, but split my skull and took me down. Got up covered in blood and finished the round, but was no use to my partner.

Saw pretty much the same thing happen to a playing partner at Woburn. Ball travelled about an inch, hit a tree root and shot up and hit him in the nuts. He just sat down against the tree and told us to finish the round and then come back and get him.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Lost count the amount of times I would go over on my left ankle. It was agony. I Had an ankle ligament snapped. Eventually I had a modified Bostrum repair on my ankle. It is now 99% better.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I decided that Hobbit had to be the winner until I read your post and realised that I had been a bit hasty.......horse flies all day long.[/QUOTE]
I once went on safari in Tsavo west Kenya. Our driver and Guide were a couple of guys called John and Dunga. Anyway this Tsetse fly came into the vehicle through an open window. They went mad, there was chaos in the vehicle until Sharon from Wales smacked it against the window with her flip flop. It looked like half a pint of blood came out ?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been bit by a cleg (horse fly) a few times, nasty.
I always get a very bad reaction to them. The worst was when one got trapped down the back of my shirt collar I was bitten 4 times.
I resembled Quasimodo for a week.

Attachments

• 20200626_064523bite 1+.jpg
    20200626_064523bite 1+.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200626_132727bite 2+.jpg
    20200626_132727bite 2+.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 13