Increase in Green Fees for the Top 100 Courses

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3432

Always wortth noting ours is the day rate, go round as many times as you can manage for your 70 quid or 80 at the weekend

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Some surprising prices there!
Did count the number I've played though - 34. Some considerably more than once.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some of those prices are just stupid. At least I get to play the three big Bournemouth courses for free occasionally in a league match.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Most of the prices are way out of my reach, but I'm probably more interested in when the Shiskine became a UK Top 100 Course?
Probably scored extremely high on the non-golfing elements of the assessment - uniqueness, views, friendliness etc

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Surprised that Trump International is ranked 17 it’s the best course I’ve played, but Cruden Bay is ranked 16th and I brought a 4 ball voucher on here for there and it only works out at £30 odd each.

Some big increases though.

D

Deleted member 25172

Glad I managed to play both courses at Sunningdale for less than the price of 1 green fee with the forum a few years back. Sad personally to see that I won’t be playing some of the courses that I’d love to play. However many times some people say it’s so “worth” it to pay £250+ for a course - not for me. Only course in the world I’d pay really stupid money (I think), is Augusta. And as we all know, that is strictly hypothetical as that will never happen anyway.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Given the general state of things I can only think that the courses not putting up their prices are the ones making the longer term mistakes here. There is the lag of Covid losses and bookings still to really bite in accounts for one thing. Then the energy crisis to consider that will now never go away. Simply if energy costs are doubling and in some cases tripling (good luck buying heating oil) already then there is no choice but to pass the costs on to members and customers. You can’t run a clubhouse or course without some large fuel/energy usage.

It’s obviously more complex than this but I think many people still haven’t considered how much more difficult the next few years are going to get.