Incorrect score on scorecard

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Adding up your score wrongly doesn't matter. You don't have to do the adding up at all. You have two things to do as said above: make sure that the correct gross score is entered for each hole and that your card shows your correct handicap.

Spuddy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Adding up your score wrongly doesn't matter. You don't have to do the adding up at all. You have two things to do as said above: make sure that the correct gross score is entered for each hole and that your card shows your correct handicap.

I had something similar a few weeks back. I had to leave pretty sharply after a round and as i was leaving the car park the bloke I was playing with came running out the clubhouse waving his arms at me to stop. I hadn’t marked down his gross and net totals (I never do) but he was insistent that I filled it in for him. I told him the rules but he just started going on about how he’s been playing for 30 years and it’s always been done that way :rolleyes:

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
As you said..... it's a lesson you only need once. (Same as playing the wrong ball!)

His error, but your fault for not checking card properly...... not that it matters in the scheme of things..............

Spuddy is correct, but I always fill in all the boxes as that's where errors come to light. It being helpful (I hope)

Spuddy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As you said..... it's a lesson you only need once. (Same as playing the wrong ball!)

His error, but your fault for not checking card properly...... not that it matters in the scheme of things..............

Spuddy is correct, but I always fill in all the boxes as that's where errors come to light. It being helpful (I hope)

I do fill in the “out” and “in” boxes at the end of each 9 and confirm the totals with the player but he was moaning that I didn’t do the subtraction of his handicap to give a nett score.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
If I have, or play with anyone who had a decent round, I always insist they double check their scores, make sure they have signed the card and got their correct handicap. I've heard too many good scores dq'd for not doing the basics

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I do fill in the “out” and “in” boxes at the end of each 9 and confirm the totals with the player but he was moaning that I didn’t do the subtraction of his handicap to give a nett score.
Maybe he's just really bad at maths and couldn't work it out himself. :LOL: