Incorrect score on scorecard

Carl1990

Visit site
Good evening, I shot 71 for a 64 today and I made the mistake twice by looks of it by not checking my mate who was marking the card had the correct score, front 9 was correct but he’s messed up on back somewhere not sure which hole yet until results are in. I’m sure 100% I put. The correct score in on the card I was marking for somebody else, and he’s obviously not. It’s going to be a higher number anyway will I be DQ’d or not.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
For competition purposes, if the entered score for a hole was higher than you took, then there is no penalty. The higher score stands. If it was lower then it is DQ.

For CONGU handicap purposes, if the wrong score is lower, the correct score is used.

Carl1990

Visit site
I’ve just found out he put the wrong score on the 18th it’s a par 3, he’s my mate you think can trust him as he was shouting numbers out while I input into computer, you can understand I’m not really thinking just buzzing from a good score, and he’s managed in 2 seconds from leaving the green put me down for a 4 instead of a 3, I hit the flag out of bunker for a tap in and he’s managed to forget all that the douche

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Stop calling out your mate for the incorrect score, its your score and your responsibility. Or did you forget what you did on the 18th too!

Take it as a learning moment, you shouldnt do it again at least (and yes most of us have done it one) :)

Carl1990

Visit site
Oh I’ve learnt a valuable lesson trust me. And I’ve held my hands up for not double checking my score, just looks abit fishy considering he also played a shot out of bunker and missed his tap in putt and then offered to read the scores out for me.

Carl1990

Visit site
We are both equally wrong. Me for not checking and him for putting down the wrong score he’s the marker also did it on second stick me down for a 5 instead of a 4 which I clocked after first 9. Anyways my other question where I mark my own score on the persons card I was scoring I would of put that down as a 3 does it not matter as he’s put me down for a 4 and I’ve signed it and put that in computer? Is that still not grounds for DQ

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Surely you record your own score on the card you're carrying and when his score for your round doesn't agree with your number you'd go through the cards until they did agree correctly?

User20204

Visit site
Surely you record your own score on the card you're carrying and when his score for your round doesn't agree with your number you'd go through the cards until they did agree correctly?

I never record my score on the card I'm marking but then I know exactly what I've scored on every hole, 18 holes later, can recall every shot also, sad I know.

Carl1990

Visit site
You are all speaking very good sense trust me I know this, but for some reason he said 72 it sounded right I didn’t check it I trusted him and it went wrong just didn’t think he’d get the last hole wrong considering we both played the same bunker shot I hit flag and put mine in for 3 and he put his to 3 foot and missed it for 4. And I just didn’t question even when he read them out to me, cause it calculates to 72.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I never record my score on the card I'm marking but then I know exactly what I've scored on every hole, 18 holes later, can recall every shot also, sad I know.
If you are playing in a competition with a recorder, you will almost certainly have to give him your card and relate your hole by hole scores to him without sight of your card.

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
If you are playing in a competition with a recorder, you will almost certainly have to give him your card and relate your hole by hole scores to him without sight of your card.
And where in the Rules does it say that is necessary? As long as the individual hole scores on the submitted card, it doesn't matter how they got there. The player is not required to record his own score(s).

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
And where in the Rules does it say that is necessary? As long as the individual hole scores on the submitted card, it doesn't matter how they got there. The player is not required to record his own score(s).
It doesn't. I'm just describing what the procedure is for most elite level competitions in my neck of the woods.

User20204

Visit site

I could do that easily without having to mark my score down on a card, as I say, I can recall every shot if need be.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have never been in the position of going through my score with a recorder in an elite competition since my golfing father passed on only all his enthusiasm for the game not his talent. Had it been otherwise, I'd still have had to note my scores, not being possessed of your kind of impressive memory.

Nowadays, I'm even liable to forget to make the note at the end of a hole. :confused:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great thing about writing it down is that you can point to it & say, "That's what I've got!"..... not so easy when it's in your memory...… & impossible in mine, as would be, you relating each shot to me to confirm the score.
Also you don't have to be in elite Comps to come across the experience of confirming scores with a recorder, as all EG events; I've played regional Seniors; provide that opportunity..... classy I must say!!

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
We are both equally wrong. Me for not checking and him for putting down the wrong score he’s the marker also did it on second stick me down for a 5 instead of a 4 which I clocked after first 9. Anyways my other question where I mark my own score on the persons card I was scoring I would of put that down as a 3 does it not matter as he’s put me down for a 4 and I’ve signed it and put that in computer? Is that still not grounds for DQ

No, you are not both equally wrong. It's your job to ensure the correct scores go onto your card. Much easier for someone absorbed in their own game to put a wrong score down. To add up your own card, i.e. your scores written down on your fellow competitor's card, wrongly is a bad mistake and 99% your fault. no doubt lesson learned.