In the days when you first picked up a Club

colintrav

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Where did you go to practice ...

Did you smack a few balls in the Local Park and if you were near a Golf course you would walk on to a course after the Monthly Medals , ;)

I do remember a few incidents where someone put a ball through a toilet window and yes there was someone in the toilet at the time and another whom i shall name as Stanley blade he used a driver from the top of the Park and it bounced off a streelight back into the Park

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
On the course itself.

The junior season tickets were affordable ( to my parents that is ) it was about a 40 minute walk away from home.

So every chance I got, I'd walk to the course. Play, practise, putt, until it got dark, then my old man would pick me up on the way home from work.

How come I was so crap then ?

D

Deleted member 1740

We used to go to the School field near our house or bunk on the local course and play 7 holes with a driver,7 iron and putter when i was lad.

I wish i would've had lessons 6 years ago when i bought my first bag of bats though.

Ste_Denial

Head Pro
Visit site
we used to have a caravan on a site that we would go to every weekend and me and a couple of my m8s would just go over the fields and hit some balls

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I was at the club from early morning until it got dark in the school holidays and after school. Would get the bus home after walking across Wimbledon Common (you could in those days without fear) and a quick bite and off to bed to dream about my surge on the golfing world

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Field/Ranges(the kind where real guns fire)/Golf course practice area and putting greens. After lots of practice and advice took my first round under the guidance of a seasoned player.

D

Deleted member 1147

Apparantly as a two year old I played crazy golf, and from 5 I played pitch & putt every sunday morning.
I'd sometimes hit balls on the Uni's grounds until the security guards chased us away.
Otherwise I would hit airflow balls in the backyard. A full blooded sand wedge only went about 15 yards.

You'd think that after starting so young and hitting so many balls I'd be better than a 9 handicap!

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Me and my mates played across the footy park then progressed to the length of the pitch and in the summer months we used to jump on to Colvilles Park GC and play the 17th which was at the end of our street. I didn't play on a course until I was 17-18 and I will always remember my first pair of golf shoes.

They were Stylo white and black saddle and I felt like everybody was laughing at me when I walked up to the club. I got them from a wee shop in Motherwell for £15 and the guy threw in 3 top flite balls.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I will always remember my first pair of golf shoes.

They were Stylo white and black saddle and I felt like everybody was laughing at me when I walked up to the club. I got them from a wee shop in Motherwell for £15 and the guy threw in 3 top flite balls.

I had a pair of stylo white with a detachable "frill"
Once they were worn in, they were really comfy.

Used to play on a 6 hole council track they constructed at the side of some playing fields. Not great but better than just hitting the ball up and down the footy field.

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
I started playing on the school field playing goalpost to goalpost.

Good field really had 2 bunkers(well for long jump)used to play at least 6 hours a day on there in summer brilliant times