In anticipation... tips for the return to golf

RichA

Visit site
Lockdown kicked in just as I was starting to really improve, after 10 years without golf.
No live ammo used yet, but just swinging in the garden I feel like reading Hogan's 5 Lessons recently has given me a few eureka moments and I'm desperate to try a few things out.
Using the Swing Profile app, my swing is unrecognisable from the video of myself I was shown during lessons last year.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I started basic weight training yesterday in anticipation of March 8th looks like the weights can go away again for another few weeks.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I started basic weight training yesterday in anticipation of March 8th looks like the weights can go away again for another few weeks.

Get em back out! No time like the present ?

I did a bit of strength building over lockdown, no idea whether it will make any difference to my golf that wasn’t the main reason for it, just needed to do something to keep moving.

If we ask nicely would Bojo open the driving ranges sooner? Starting to get the itch now the weather has picked up

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
When I play 18, as I can only play around 5-8 times a year, I make 180 yards my max shot until my round gets going. I try to build momentum over the first 6 holes and save any attacking until the final 3rd of the round. Playing so little means I always feel like I am just coming back to golf every time May rolls around.