I'm off to a rock concert!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm off to see Letz Zeppelin at the weekend and I'm really looking forward to it.
I was a big fan of Led Zep, back in the day, but never got to see them play. Letz Zep are supposed to be a really good tribute band & I can't wait.
Anyone ever seen them, if so, are they all that?

Slime.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm off to see Letz Zeppelin at the weekend and I'm really looking forward to it.
I was a big fan of Led Zep, back in the day, but never got to see them play. Letz Zep are supposed to be a really good tribute band & I can't wait.

Slime.

You mind how you go old boy! :p

You don't want to undo all that good work you've done on your game, now do you?

All that rocking and rolling and stuff :eek:

:D:D enjoy the Gig. :thup:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Might give Johnny Warman's Total Who Show a run on Friday at Sutton. If you like 60's stuff The Mods are a good night out, Rod Stewart fans would enjoy Cregan & Co, Limehouse Lizzy are a great Thin Lizzy tribute act and if you like Southern Rock then Skinny Molly are worth a listen. Can't remember the name of the Led Zep tribute band I saw a couple of years ago but they were good; Homer's right, there's a lot of good ones about.

If anyone is interested in these sorts of bands, Google Pete Feenstra, he promotes a good few of them. I've no connection other than being a very satisfied customer over the years.

evahakool

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I saw a zepp tribute band at a blues festival a few weeks ago,Led Zetland. They were really good ,it's a long time since I've gone out of a concert with my ears ringing so much.

Enjoy your night sure it will be good and loud.

evahakool

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Might give Johnny Warman's Total Who Show a run on Friday at Sutton. If you like 60's stuff The Mods are a good night out, Rod Stewart fans would enjoy Cregan & Co, Limehouse Lizzy are a great Thin Lizzy tribute act and if you like Southern Rock then Skinny Molly are worth a listen. Can't remember the name of the Led Zep tribute band I saw a couple of years ago but they were good; Homer's right, there's a lot of good ones about.

If anyone is interested in these sorts of bands, Google Pete Feenstra, he promotes a good few of them. I've no connection other than being a very satisfied customer over the years.

Limehouse Lizzy now that brings back memories,saw them well must have been 30 years ago,wonder if its the same band,as you say they were good ,can't remember what venue somewhere around London small hall at the back of a pub and boy was it loud.

blackpuddinmonster

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Slime.

Saw these at The Met in Bury last year.
I thought they were very good Slime. :thup:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Where in Worcester Park are you. Where do you play your golf? Which pub are they playing at in Sutton. I'm tempted to head back home for the weekend as I'm playing at Epsom on Sunday

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Where in Worcester Park are you. Where do you play your golf? Which pub are they playing at in Sutton. I'm tempted to head back home for the weekend as I'm playing at Epsom on Sunday

Alongside the railway between Worcester Park & Stoneleigh, I'm a member at Cuddington, having moved there from Banstead Downs. They are playing at Sutton United's ground in Gander Green Lane, free car park, link to the promoter's site here; http://www.feenstra.co.uk

Click on the links to the individual bands for the concert details and then on the band's name for their individual website. If you want to book, send him an e-mail saying what show & how many, and tell the guy on the door when you get there, you get the in advance price.

Johnny Warman is not a tribute band as such, unlike some of the other acts, he loves loads of 60's music such as Spencer Davis Band, The Kinks, Rolling Stones & others, I get the impression that the Total Who Show means he will only be doing The Who's songs. Let me know if you are going to go.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Limehouse Lizzy now that brings back memories,saw them well must have been 30 years ago,wonder if its the same band,as you say they were good ,can't remember what venue somewhere around London small hall at the back of a pub and boy was it loud.

Not sure if they were about 30 years ago, from the description of the pub it sounds like it could be either the Half Moon on the Lower Richmond Road in Putney, or the Worcester Park Tavern, now defunct; this is where Pete Feenstra used to promote bands and is 10 minutes walk from home. Pub told him they wanted to go upmarket & kicked him out and he is now doing fine at Sutton United, pub went belly up about 6 months ago.

If it was the same band you'd remember the lead singer Wayne Ellis for the size of his biceps if nothing else, absolutely huge.

Gazp

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I go to see loads of tribute bands & have to say most of them are pretty good...some of them better than the real thing such as Maetloaf & the neverland express, his voice is much better than meatloafs. Limehouse Lizzy are also a class act but were better before they changed one of the guitarists. Essential Journey also worth seeing, the only real disappointment was a Whitesnake tribute I went to see, can't remember the name but fortunately I think they are no longer playing. Still looking for a Wishbone Ash tribute though (showing my age now)

Blue in Munich

Visit site
I go to see loads of tribute bands & have to say most of them are pretty good...some of them better than the real thing such as Maetloaf & the neverland express, his voice is much better than meatloafs. Limehouse Lizzy are also a class act but were better before they changed one of the guitarists. Essential Journey also worth seeing, the only real disappointment was a Whitesnake tribute I went to see, can't remember the name but fortunately I think they are no longer playing. Still looking for a Wishbone Ash tribute though (showing my age now)

Martin Turner's Wishbone Ash were doing a few last year........

evahakool

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not sure if they were about 30 years ago, from the description of the pub it sounds like it could be either the Half Moon on the Lower Richmond Road in Putney, or the Worcester Park Tavern, now defunct; this is where Pete Feenstra used to promote bands and is 10 minutes walk from home. Pub told him they wanted to go upmarket & kicked him out and he is now doing fine at Sutton United, pub went belly up about 6 months ago.

If it was the same band you'd remember the lead singer Wayne Ellis for the size of his biceps if nothing else, absolutely huge.

Spoke to my brother and he said it was the Woodman in Blackfen we saw them,they formed in '93 so not so far back as I thought ( must be going senile in my old age) ;)

Gazp

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Martin Turner's Wishbone Ash were doing a few last year........

yes, I always see them when they come around as well as the Andy Powell version, I see MT has just lost a court case regarding the use of the name Wishbone Ash....seems fais as AP has kept the name going while MT had a break for many years

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well ................. what can I say?
They were actually very, very good and it was great to hear all those old classics being blasted out as loud as you like.
The vocalist, however, was not a Robert Plant. He could look similar, with a beer gut though, and he had many of the mannerisms but, and this is the important bit, not the voice! He could hit most of the notes, and he sounded like Plant too, but he couldn't hold the note .......... shame.
The bass guitarist was just that, a bass guitarist, but he id his job well enough.
The guitarist was superb, really good and played the part admirably.
The drummer, simply one of the best I've ever seen. He was simply outstanding & his solo during Moby Dick was unbelievable.
He didn't miss a beat and, with the guitarist, really carried the band.
Would I see them again? Yes, but purely for the drummer!

Slime.