I'm a Celebrity

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
*Controversial opinion alert*

Ant and Dec are the modern day equivalent to Morecambe and Wise.

Mrs Colch will watch anything with those two in it, BGT, Saturday Night Takeaway, I'm a Celeb etc, and I must admit that I do find the two of them amusing.

Evening Prime Minister!

They get A LOT of stick, but they've grafted and are genuinely a funny pair. Some of the skits they do on Saturday Night Takeaway are absolutely hilarious.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Amazing how many people hate it so much, yet feel compelled to open a thread about it and then take the effort to tell everyone how much they hate it. I love the internet!
It's definitely not the worst thing out there. At least it kind of has a game show aspect. I usually don't watch it though, purely because I hardly watch anything that's actually on TV. The only actual TV program I watch is The Masked Singer. If there was someone I really like on Celebrity though I'd potentially give it a look. Like a good comedian or someone. I don't think that's the case this year.

Swango1980

Visit site
Not something I would usually watch, but might do just to see MH chomping down on some Kangaroo penis?
I'm fairly confident he'll be voted by the public to do every bushtucker trial, so that scenario is bound to happen. Even if he luckily missed out by vote, I suspect the producers will make sure it happens at some point.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm fairly confident he'll be voted by the public to do every bushtucker trial, so that scenario is bound to happen. Even if he luckily missed out by vote, I suspect the producers will make sure it happens at some point.

The public need to do the opposite and ignore him, zero votes, and he will be voted off at the earliest stage and never be seen again. However, i know that won't happen.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've watched it as my wife and daughter like it and I guess unless you watch a program you can't decide whether you like it or not, however I've never watched Love Island but I know I won't like it.

Anyhow, it's awful, it's main theme is about ritual humiliation which is disgusting.

Swango1980

Visit site
I've watched it as my wife and daughter like it and I guess unless you watch a program you can't decide whether you like it or not, however I've never watched Love Island but I know I won't like it.

Anyhow, it's awful, it's main theme is about ritual humiliation which is disgusting.
I thought every reality TV program was about humiliation

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I feel when I am older or more accurately when the girls are older I won't get much choice on the TV

I give the wife free reign Most of time, we want a few series together but otherwise she likes the following

Made in Chelsea
Towie
Sas survival thing (full of those from above)
Strickly (don't mind that)
Celeb
Masked singer and dancer

You end up watching it out corner of your eye whilst doing stuff on the laptop , but I'd say I can't stand towier or made in Chelsea but I don't mind the celeb, masked singer etc and strickly

Mindless escapism

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I don't mind Ant and Dec at all, I watched Biker Grove after all.

What I can't stand is the crap they do with animals for "entertainment".

Edit...
Reality TV shows I have enjoyed are the Villa (original and best) and Big Brother.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
@pauljames87 and others have it right. Long dark evenings have to be filled. And if I’m not out I find there is little harm in watching this sort of stuff - it provides something ongoing; I can watch it with my Mrs and daughter, and we can debate who we like; don’t like; who’s doing well; who’s rubbish etc. - plus and most importantly we can have a laugh as well as a grimace.

And as I am currently reading Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina I think I am allowed a bit of dumbing down.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Well if you accept or put aside the distaste you might have about the cynical social media profile building nature of what most if not all on LI are seeking, you never know the weird ‘enjoyment/shock’ you can get watching 20-somethings playing the transactional relationship game that many of that age group actually do play. My 27yr old daughter tells me that what you see going on in Love Island does actually go on in the real life of quite some number - though not all play that game. It’s an eye-opener.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
@pauljames87 and others have it right. Long dark evenings have to be filled. And if I’m not out I find there is little harm in watching this sort of stuff - it provides something ongoing; I can watch it with my Mrs and daughter, and we can debate who we like; don’t like; who’s doing well; who’s rubbish etc. - plus and most importantly we can have a laugh as well as a grimace.

And as I am currently reading Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina I think I am allowed a bit of dumbing down.

Exactly how I got into strickly. My family on my mum's side is myself, My sister and 2 girl cousins

All like strikly (including my wife) I found I would watch and enjoy it .. and it's an excuse to get together for a take away on the final night

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Yes I agree.
There are not many things I will watch that the Mrs watches.