IgMember App

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
I pay for the IG app extra, I mean £1.99 is les than a golf ball. It gives you full app access, including your club account(bar card etc), so for that pittance it is , why not.
Because it’s your clubs decision whether to let you pay individually or for them to subscribe to it collectively for all members. From memory it’s something like £600 for unlimited membership numbers.

sunshine

Visit site
What does full usability bring?
We can book times, enter comps, submit a general play score, see other members hcps, message the comp sec, message any member through the app, receive updates from the club. All of that without paying for the app on my phone.

In conclusion, your club pays for the app for all members.
Some tight clubs are making their members pay for it themselves

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does your club also ask you to wash the dishes and glasses you use? ?
The app is free to use in its basic form, but like most "free" software, if you want the extra nuggets you have to pay for it.
If £1.99 is too much for a year for you, I suggest you're playing the wrong sport.

sunshine

Visit site
The app is free to use in its basic form, but like most "free" software, if you want the extra nuggets you have to pay for it.
If £1.99 is too much for a year for you, I suggest you're playing the wrong sport.

I agree it’s not a lot of money so why isn’t your club just buying it for the whole membership.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree it’s not a lot of money so why isn’t your club just buying it for the whole membership.
Why should they? Not everyone has a smart phone or uses the app.
Why does everyone have to have their backsides wiped by someone else?
The basic app being free is enough. It's not for the club to cover the indivual small costs if a member wants the extras.

sunshine

Visit site
The basic app being free is enough. It's not for the club to cover the indivual small costs if a member wants the extras.

Because my golf club administers competitions, tee booking, account balance etc. It’s a service I pay for. I can use it to order food and drinks, why would a bar or restaurant charge customers for an app to spend money?

I wouldn’t expect my bank to charge me for its banking app. The cost is immaterial it’s just illogical that a club would charge its members.

I guess it’s not surprising when we hear constant stories on the forum of how badly golf clubs are run, stuck in the past and out of touch etc.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
My club did!
Compared to the cost of my sub, it's a a drop in the ocean!
Certainly helped when ordering food post-lockdown, as ordering through the app was part of the process.