I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
What Smiffy hasn't shared is him almost soiling his pants as he farted a few times whilst practice swinging and then a really dodgy sounding one on the downswing! Chris was in tears!.

You youngsters do like to over exaggerate things.
There was nothing dodgy about it at all, I knew exactly what I was doing, and everything was kept nicely tucked in place.
I really did appreciate your offer of the mulligan, but was quite prepared to carry on with the results of my efforts thank you very much.
The five shots that followed though were right pony....
:oops::oops::oops:

Last edited:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Seniors Sweep today. Played well tee to green, but left 3 or 4 putts an inch short, very frustrating.

Then made a mess of 17 and 18. Ended up on 37, currently sitting second, getting beat on countback thinking what could and should have been.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just got in from a very enjoyable morning at Farleigh.
Despite the forecast, not a drop of rain dropped and after 3 holes the jumper came off.
Played ok off the tee and fairway. Putting was decent for 33 points
The less said about the bunker on 18 the better

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Beautiful day today.
Played better than I have done for years .............................. for some odd reason.
Scored 45 points with two blobs!
Happy bunny.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Playing off 19 and 6 pars, 3 blobs and 4 one pointers for 32 points. It really was the old, bad and the Ugly.
Ironically one of the things Ave struggled with is picking a line down the fairway or on a
Par three when the pots don’t align to the target line.
A PP said “ that’s why I line my ball up down the fairway like I do a putt”. I tried it and flipping eck. Just aligning myself to that massively seemed to help hit through that line. ?

Red devil

Visit site
Played 9 holes on our local muni. Glorious afternoon so grabbed the opportunity. Got on about 16.00 a few groups finishing their rounds but those apart course very quiet. Did I play well? Of course not,well not terrible but not brilliant. Best shot a 194 par 3 10 foot to the hole.
But it wasn't about that. Had Covid then shingles this year been hard work.
So being out in the fresh air on a lovely day playing the game I love was just sublime.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
penultimate singles comp of the season for me today, topped my tee shot into the ditch on the 1st and blobbed the hole but then played nicely holed a couple of nice birdie putts, I did blob the 13th after a terrible bounce but finished with a reasonable 33 points, I am finding it a struggle only getting 8 shots, the blob on the 13th could have been avoided if i hadn't gone for a hero shot after an unfortunate bounce put me a bunker but it was a shot hole I I felt I had to try to make a bogey at worst

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played with my school old boys golf society at Woodcote Park in Coulsdon. Played the best first nine of my life … 24 points. Couldn’t keep it up though and ended up with 38. Pleased with that though.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well played Chris ?. What did you think of Langley Park? We have a reciprocal there, I must go back and play it again, must be at least 20 years since I’ve played there.
We too have a reciprocal there. Was going to go yesterday but there was some poxy seniors comp on :). So we went today instead. Enjoyed it and it was in good nick, & greens pretty true. But like Chris says - quire a few long holes and too many of them a bit samey. But I'd go back - just not too often.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Played West Byfleet On a reciprocal. Nicely tree-lined though trees not really a great problem as fairways are very expansive. Has main line from Southampton to Waterloo running alongside but though occasionally noisy, not actually very much of a distraction. Generally all pretty much on a level. Some nice holes. Enjoyable.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played West Byfleet On a reciprocal. Nicely tree-lined though trees not really a great problem as fairways are very expansive. Has main line from Southampton to Waterloo running alongside but though occasionally noisy, not actually very much of a distraction. Generally all pretty much on a level. Some nice holes. Enjoyable.

You should have played it tomorrow, there'll be a rail strike ................................ much quieter. ;)

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seniors at Hillside today. 4bbb!
38pts and two blobs.
Wind was quite brutal and it was a test of your golf.
Ball was moving on the greens in the wind.
What a golf course! The more I play there the more I like it
Fantastic condition an absolute joy to play.

I had to pull out due to a bad back and was replaced by our Senior Captain. My mate in the other pair won the comp with 45 points.
Have you seen that they have increased the cost pp from £105 to £150 for next year.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had to pull out due to a bad back and was replaced by our Senior Captain. My mate in the other pair won the comp with 45 points.
Have you seen that they have increased the cost pp from £105 to £150 for next year.
Jeez that’s a big leap.
It’s a great course but that’s starting to price themselves out of my list.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Jeez that’s a big leap.
It’s a great course but that’s starting to price themselves out of my list.

If the current situation that we can’t discuss on here continues to go badly, I wonder how many clubs that have price-hiked, and there are more than a few that I’m aware of, it might bite on the backside?