I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
If I could eliminate the double bogies, and hole a couple more birdie putts, I could shoot a low one. It was another counting score, and the handicap will drop a bit.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Saturday morning -

Terrible start, triple followed by a double and it rarely got much better! Kept grafting and finished up with an 87 gross, not too bad for a "bad day"

Sunday morning -

Lovely round, only 3 over for the back 9. Gross 80, 41 points and a nice little handicap cut overnight to bring me into the 14's for the first time!!

:cool:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
4 holes killed me today..all in a row from 9 to 12.
9. As good a drive as you can get..over the marker post with a hint of fade to counter the right to left slope
I've hit that drive dozens of times, into and with the wnd, across too..I know where that drive finishes..
We get there and a couple playing in a mixed comp were walking away from our fairway - she had driven onto our hole and was playing back onto theirs .
My ball....? Nowhere. There's nowhere to lose it, the rough is 1 inch high. One of them must have picked it up but they'd already gone and we couldn't prove it..Blob
10. A pulled iron into the green drifts left, pitches on a left to right slope, kicks left into the bushes..found it but couldn't score..Blob
11. Decent drive, approach pitches on a sprinkler head and pings into the bushes..see above...Blob
12. Par 5 into the wind. Decent drive, decent 2nd, slightly pulled 3rd and, once again, kicks left into deep rough. So buried i had to hack it out and it flew the green into more deep stuff. Another hack just got out but still in 2nd cut..chip on and the double bogey putt lips out...Blob
4 on the bounce, can't remember ever having done that before, without any of it really being down to poor play....
28 points on the other holes - bang on handicap
For 4 holes the Golfing Gods were dumping on me from a great height
You know what?
They can kiss my arse...:mad:

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
4 holes killed me today..all in a row from 9 to 12.
9. As good a drive as you can get..over the marker post with a hint of fade to counter the right to left slope
I've hit that drive dozens of times, into and with the wnd, across too..I know where that drive finishes..
We get there and a couple playing in a mixed comp were walking away from our fairway - she had driven onto our hole and was playing back onto theirs .
My ball....? Nowhere. There's nowhere to lose it, the rough is 1 inch high. One of them must have picked it up but they'd already gone and we couldn't prove it..Blob
10. A pulled iron into the green drifts left, pitches on a left to right slope, kicks left into the bushes..found it but couldn't score..Blob
11. Decent drive, approach pitches on a sprinkler head and pings into the bushes..see above...Blob
12. Par 5 into the wind. Decent drive, decent 2nd, slightly pulled 3rd and, once again, kicks left into deep rough. So buried i had to hack it out and it flew the green into more deep stuff. Another hack just got out but still in 2nd cut..chip on and the double bogey putt lips out...Blob
4 on the bounce, can't remember ever having done that before, without any of it really being down to poor play....
28 points on the other holes - bang on handicap
For 4 holes the Golfing Gods were dumping on me from a great height
You know what?
They can kiss my arse...:mad:
That's just one of those days, when you know it's a bad day to go out on the course

TigerTime

Visit site
Went out tonight with a bit more determination and focus to find a bit of form. Played a full 18 medal style on my own to try and concentrate and focus a bit more. Much better than yesterday.

Round in 88, whilst not great by any means, is much better than my last few rounds. Hopefully finding an upward curve again.

Driving is absolutely garbage just now. It's really costing me shots. Wondering if I need to put the old driver back in the bag... Arccos has me losing 3 strokes per round (over last 5 round avg) vs a 17 handicapper
Approach play I'm losing 0.5 strokes per round. Short game I'm gaining 0.2 and putting I'm gaining 1.5.

Approach play has always been my biggest issue but now I can't even find fairways off the tee and it's pretty concerning to be honest as driving was always one of my good points.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Seniors pairs match play knockout this evening. As my PP has covid and we couldn’t find another suitable date I was on my own. All three of us had similar handicaps (18 to 21 off 90%).

Managed to go 2up after 4, back to all square after 6 and then went behind on 8. Won the par 3 9th by holing a lob wedge over a bunker, with one of them just 10ft away from their tee shot. Never more than one in it after that and all square on the 18th tee. I scored a 6 on the par 5 last and was beaten by a par 5. Pleased that I had managed to take the match so far and the OPs admitted that they were very worried over the last few holes.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played 9 holes today, marking a card for a new member, I parred the first 2 holes but then went out of bounds on 3 and had a triple bogey, I then went bogey, par birdie par birdie birdie so finished just 1 over for the nine.

D

Deleted member 3432

Excellent front 9 and dreadful back 9 today :ROFLMAO:

Some visitors in front of us, 2 of them wearing knee length socks. Looked like a couple of knobheads dressing like that :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Third round of the Club Challenge (the summer matchplay knockouts). Oppo was a guy I know reasonably well but who I haven't played with in ages. Had to give him 5 shots. Played pretty steady with - for me - some great iron shots. Level after 5 holes then won 6,7 & 8. Lost nine, then won 11,12,13 & 14 to win 6&4. Then played rubbish for the the final 4 holes - but who cares if the match is in the bag. Pretty pleased, as it was the 3rd nett level par round in sucession - even more so as my handicap had gone down by one stroke over the weekend.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played on Saturday afternoon after a late change of plans. Started bogey, double, bogey but then went par, birdie, par, birdie, par and finished 3 over after 9.

Played some decent stuff on the back 9 and stood on the 18th tee I knew I needed a par to shoot 79 for the first time ever at Leighton Buzzard. Unfortunately I pushed my tee shot immediately right into the trees and ended up with a 6, but I'm really happy with the round and the way I played.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Despite myself shooting two under handicap with one blow up hole, my partner and i still managed to find ourselves 4 down with 4 to play. Managed to take it to the 17 to keep it to a respectable 2 and 1 loss but it was one of them nights where our best just wasn't good enough!

RRidges

Visit site
Still far too hot at nearly 100F to play today and thunderstorms forecast, so dangerous. Likely to a little cooler later in the week but still steamy. Time to investigate some of the other sights of Kansas City. I'm told everything's still up to date!