I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
With the Ryder Cup being close some at the club formed a couple of teams and played greensomes matches.
My partner and I were the ones you didn't want to draw today - lots of dove tailing and didn't offer much of a sniff. 6&5.
We played our own balls for the remaining 5 and I was +1 for them.
Enjoying golf at the moment.

Visit site
Played in our comp today - weather not great
We were last out in a 2-ball later than the others -
i had 35 points after 14 holes when we were hauled off due to lightening - no more play and they gave me 4 x's / blobs [that was the rule apparently]
Winner scored 38 points :cautious:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
First 18 hole in a couple of weeks for one reason or another..plenty of 9s though.
CVG back from holiday and not picked up a club in 2 weeks so we just had a social knock.
Big mistake!,
4 over front 9 for 19 points and 2 over back for 20...and he took me by a point with 21 back...
Very few poor shots, no birdies or doubles just 12 pars and 6 bogeys.
A good day at the office...and we dodged the rain.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played in our comp today - weather not great
We were last out in a 2-ball later than the others -
i had 35 points after 14 holes when we were hauled off due to lightening - no more play and they gave me 4 x's / blobs [that was the rule apparently]
Winner scored 38 points :cautious:
I've never heard that before, usually the comp is suspended, balls marked until the danger has passed.:confused:

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hadn't you heard .................... it's TYOTF.
How is the old bugger?
Well, I hope.

he's settling nicely, finding his way around the course and putting in more consistent scores.

Today was the Sunday Roll Up championship, usual format on Sunday is stableford but the organisers made this one a medal, 5over after 2, but turned on +6, +7 on the back nine, left me on 2 under net for 2nd place from the 19 players, one shirt of this years winner.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Semi final match today, was worried after the huge mileage I walked yesterday.. thought I was going to break down. But actually all was fine. It was an epic battle and my partner said not a lot you can do when you are -1 to gross after 6 holes and 3 down! But we hung in there got it back to all square and then I sunk an outrageous birdie, which rolled 180 degrees around the cup and stopped then dropped… it was all rather slow motion. The next hole was an utter mess and my partner steadied the game to hold us at level with a nice 18footer. We got to 17 and there was a disturbance from another fairway, which we waited to finish .. I am not so distracted by these noise things ( some old boy with a couple of young lads, one old girl and a lass in tight structural trousers that were keeping stuff nicely held together .. she was a bit too noisy for the others, I am under 50 so still a bit prone to a bit excitement) . We won that hole, I dunno if I distracted them with my take on the situation.. and then it was a case of just closing the door at 18.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Surprise surprise today [ without a buggy :mad: ] us 2 old codgers posted a net 62 in a 4bbb open comp at Bathgate GC.
Thrashing our 2 much younger FCs :love:.
But sadly we were not near the prizes, a net 59 was the leading score when we left :cry::D .

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We were the only 2 on the course - the thunder/lightening and then torrential rain lasted for about 3 hours - no chance of going back
It was looking like my best scoring of the season - and my handicap may go up :p
That doesn’t sound right for WHS purposes I thought it was net par +1 for the 1st hole not played and the net par for the rest. Can’t see that raising your handicap.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Best score for a while around Bootle today (86) 8 pars getting 16 shots should be the basis for a really good score. The fact that it wasn’t shows how bad the bad holes still are

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Men's invitation yesterday, playing with Richart. 46 points won it, we came in with 41. We were both driving well, and I hit some nice iron shots but couldn't putt for toffee. Greens were cored and sanded a week or so ago and were very slow. Couldn't convince myself to hit the damn ball as hard as I needed to. Luckily Richard got the hang of them and putted like a God. I'm playing again on Wednesday in a comp. Hopefully the greens may have speeded up a little bit now we've had a bit of rain, might help get rid of the sand.

D

Deleted member 21258

Had a nasty trend going, 2 putted 2nd, 3 putted 3rd, 4 putted 4th. Thankfully it ended there, phew!

40 putts in total(22:18) :oops::ROFLMAO: , couple of birdies, no lost balls, shot 83 (9.5 scoring diff), could have been a good round. Played better on Sunday but typically didn't do a scoring card.

Highslice

Visit site
played 18 holes yesterday, monthly medal.
somehow I didn’t have a single ‘5’ on the scorecard, despite that nominally being my aim for nearly every hole.

Plenty of 3s and 4s and a whole lot of 6s ?, but one one 5. In fact as a committed bogey golfer I only got one bogey in the whole round!
Finished with net 79 so not great, enjoyed it though.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I was a machine.

Seniors Board comp off the yellows. Front nine 44, back nine 42. For a lovely 70. Last 20ft putt had a wino at the hole as it finished 6” past. A 69 would of been a share of the lead. More than happy with second. May well be a little Hcap cut. My short game today was as good as it’s been. Happy chappy.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Disastrous start today. Misjudged the time, and got to the first tee about a minute before tee off time. No chance of a warm up. Hit a bit of a slice with my drive, into a clump of trees. Thought we would find it easily, sadly not. Hadn't played a provisional. Second hole, par 3, duffed my iron, hit second into a bunker, 3 putted.

So, 2 blobs for the first two holes.

Settled down after that, and managed to get 18 for the rest of the front 9 and 20 on the tougher back 9 for 38 in total, so happy enough.

Also a little personal high on 18, there is a little ridge about 230 from the tee which I have been trying to get over for ages. Lost count of the number of drives which have stopped 4 or 5 yards short of it. Hit a beauty today, and cleared it by around 25 yards, so a great way to finish.

Have made a mental note to set off earlier in future!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Men's invitation yesterday, playing with Richart. 46 points won it, we came in with 41. We were both driving well, and I hit some nice iron shots but couldn't putt for toffee. Greens were cored and sanded a week or so ago and were very slow. Couldn't convince myself to hit the damn ball as hard as I needed to. Luckily Richard got the hang of them and putted like a God. I'm playing again on Wednesday in a comp. Hopefully the greens may have speeded up a little bit now we've had a bit of rain, might help get rid of the sand.
Cracking day Rob, and Highwoods is a lovely course, with some really tough holes. Two early three putts but after that got the hang of the greens. We did not disgrace ourselves (this time:))

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Had a corporate day at The London Club.
Off 15 I got 42 points and nowhere near the podium.
Our best from 2 from stableford points got us 93 and again nowhere near the podium.
The 15th (our first) was longest drive and after hitting the green at 320 yards I won a nice hydroknit top