I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nine holes with the wife today at Hedsor. Odd little course, there's quite a few hedges and lines of trees that you have to hit over, but it's completely flat and not too long so decent practise for her. Greens were quite fluffy and slow.

She hit the ball the best she has so far, so that was really pleasing! She got a couple of bogeys, and shot 58 overall. Although there was a bit of generous score engineering as we let her take two tee shots on a lot of the holes, haha. But she was happy and that's the main thing.

I played pretty decent, shot 40 so six over par, three pars six bogeys. Nothing great or spectacular.

D

Deleted member 3432

(Not today, last Friday) Played Aphrodite Hills, Cyprus ⛳️ fab round of golf on a challenging course. Played to one better than my HI and that was with a set of hire clubs so happy with that. The greens had been hollow tined and sanded so it wasn’t the best on them but none the less what a fab experience. Missed my 2 on the par 3 7th hole across the ravine, but tbh I was just happy to hit the green. Had a go at reaching 18 in two, 233yards to the pin but pulled it slightly pin high into the green side bunker ? The European Tour are back there next year as well ??‍♂️

View attachment 38530
View attachment 38529
The drive down to the 7th ‘ravine’ hole tee.

View attachment 38531
The view from the 7th tee.

View attachment 38532
Looking down 18 from behind fairway bunker.
View attachment 38533
Daunting shot out of the green side bunker on 18.
Looks horrendous, couldn't pay me to play there.

Costa del Silloth for me thank you ?

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played the Marquess at Woburn today, second time I've played the course.

Played very well and thoroughly enjoyed myself, 35 points playing off 15.

Drove the greenside bunker on the 12th, 274 yard drive :cool:

Also got a 9 on the 7th, going for the green in 2 and topped my 5 wood into the rubbish, dropped and played again and got it greenside - doh!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My best ever round yesterday.

Broke 90 for the first time a few weeks ago with an 89. Had two rounds of 90 since, was beginning to think I wouldn't break it again this year.

9 hole comp yesterday, shot 43 to finish second with 21 points. The back 9 is tougher than the front, but played every hole well and did it in 40 for an 83, 6 shots better than my previous best. Overall stableford was 48!

It helped that I never lost a ball, and didn't have a 7 on the card.

Only the front 9 counted for handicap purposes, but got a nice cut of 0.5 to 21.0

Chuffed to bits.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
120 ball range session- 20 dedicated to the driver . Irons felt good … but what happens on the range stays on the range ?

D

Deleted member 3432

Another comp this morning with no chance of winning looking at some of the scores already in.

A 4 over 76 which was in danger of being a cricket score on the back 9. Hip and back stiffened up, missed every fairway coming home. A lost ball, an unplayable in the heather but some excellent up and downs from the 80 -100 yard range savalaged the round from total disaster. A counting 77 dropped off today so will get cut :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
(Not today, last Friday) Played Aphrodite Hills, Cyprus ⛳️ fab round of golf on a challenging course. Played to one better than my HI and that was with a set of hire clubs so happy with that. The greens had been hollow tined and sanded so it wasn’t the best on them but none the less what a fab experience. Missed my 2 on the par 3 7th hole across the ravine, but tbh I was just happy to hit the green. Had a go at reaching 18 in two, 233yards to the pin but pulled it slightly pin high into the green side bunker ? The European Tour are back there next year as well ??‍♂️

View attachment 38530
View attachment 38529
The drive down to the 7th ‘ravine’ hole tee.

View attachment 38531
The view from the 7th tee.

View attachment 38532
Looking down 18 from behind fairway bunker.
View attachment 38533
Daunting shot out of the green side bunker on 18.
You caught it right as they do greens work on the whole island. Oddly, winter is the peak season in Cyprus.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Couldn't play on my home course because we weren't allowed (more on that in Golf Irritations), so packed the clubs back in the car and drove to Rickmansworth instead. It's a 65 par but extremely hilly and the shortness of it doesn't make it any easier. I played quite well in the end, not great but nothing disastrous either, shot 82 for 34 points. My mate shot 93 for 37 points off his bandit 29 handicap. What cost was a couple of holes with really poor decisions resulting in double bogeys. Nothing worse than a double though, no blobs, so that's one good thing, but on the flip side two of those doubles came at 14 and 15 so let the round down a bit towards the end.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Nice round on the Ashludie this afternoon, round in 84 but could have been a lot better, hit my irons better that I've done for a while - nice to get a bit of confidence before trip to East Lothian for a couple of days - playing Gullane #2 on Monday and North Berwick on Tuesday.

IMG_6081.jpg
Nice glow on the 15th green, Ashludie course, Monifieth Links

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
September Medal, triple bogey on the 2nd, and a double on the 11th, otherwise steady. signed for an 82 net 66 (-6)

beaten by The FISH, who threw away a couple of shots and signed for an 80 net 63, which believe it or not was beaten on countback

my fourball ended with net scores of 63, 65, 66 and 67

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Played at Farleigh today, off the yellows. Red and Yellow courses and shot an 80! 3 under handicap! That also included 2 3 off the tees and a 3 putt from 7 foot, sadly. Could have been so much better, but finished birdie, par, birdie, so overall, really rather happy.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Medal/regular strokeplay comp today. Shanked a sidehill lie ? for a double on the 3rd, but finished the half +2. Managed not to completely drop my backside this week but still bogeyed 3 of last 4. Greens were still slow from maintenance and had been staying aggressive/positive until those 3 - lesson perhaps learnt. Still a 79, and also my last score from previous club will be removed which was a decent counting 8 differential.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Just back from a 3 day trip to Scotland. Day three we played The Hirsel which was nothing but average, unlike Aberdour where we played 36 holes and which as ever did not disappoint in any way, shape or form.

The best was the first round of the trip at The Glen, North Berwick on a glorious sunny day with only a breath of wind the rugged cliff top course was absolutely spectacular and a joy from first to last.

I won the 3 4BBB matches on days one and two, but we got a roasting off one of the lads who shot his best ever score of 76 at The Hirsel amassing 41 points in the singles, absolutely walking it.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played a pro am at Royal Dornoch yesterday, course in good condition. Hit it pretty well and was only one over gross on the front 9 from the back tee, which I was happy about. Level through 10,11 and 12 then just dropped shots on the rest apart from 17. Didn't really hit a bad shot, but it's an unrelenting challenge and it doesn't take much to drop shots. Happy with the way I hit it none the less esp with irons, driver wasn't great but RD isn't overly difficult off the tee.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
September Medal, triple bogey on the 2nd, and a double on the 11th, otherwise steady. signed for an 82 net 66 (-6)
Beaten by The FISH, who threw away a couple of shots and signed for an 80 net 63, which believe it or not was beaten on countback
my fourball ended with net scores of 63, 65, 66 and 67

Hadn't you heard .................... it's TYOTF.
How is the old bugger?
Well, I hope.