I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Decent round yesterday…well though my individual score was rubbish, it was decent in that I actually hit some decent shots with only one careless shan*. Plus I contributed to my three ball‘s ‘best two s/Ford’ count on each hole and we were top 5 I think. So on the ‘new swing‘ front I feel things are going in the right direction…but blimey…it’s tough changing the swing and swing habits of 40 yrs.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another great round yesterday. Signed up for EG to put in a score just in case a bad one was due, well I've got me KO final to think of, and I played brilliant. Damn damn damn damn. I'm now down to 12.9. Damn damn damn.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played Ashbourne Golf, really enjoyed the course, pretty forgiving and some lovely holes, with interesting green complexes/placements.

Great views, fairly undulating, nice food on terrace. If you are in the area, play it, good food(bigger pictures if you click on pic below, then again on the next pic).

Also played in a club invitational on Sat.sunday, with a friend from Essex. We hacked and playing 18holes friday, 29 holes sat and then 18 holes sunday, meant far to pooped on Sunday for main pairs BB comp.

Some bonkers holes there, if I remember correctly. My old club used to have a season opener there. Great laugh in the clubhouse before hand.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I was down to play in a TeeTours Am/Am today at Enville Highgate course, weather forecast was for a lot of rain so regrettably I had to swap yesterday's clubs out and replace with Mizuno White Fang woods and John Letters The Mater Model Forged irons.

But of more note, I put the Ping Pal putter that I won yesterday into the bag....
First green I was on in regulation, then four putted!
Missed several short putts before I eventually got a feel for it. I think that's the first time I've actually used a Ping club on the course, and it'll most likely be the last.

I did get a two though and won a bottle of wine. As a team we finished on 84 but were well off the prizes.

And the weather did us proud, rain stopped shortly before I got there and only the slightest bit of drizzle troubled us all the way round.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had the day off work for a round at Sudbury with two mates, all booked and paid for ahead of time. Come today and it's torrential rain of course. Front nine was utterly miserable, just constantly chucking it down. Everything soaked. My golf was surprisingly bearing up ok though, I still made a few pars. The course is fairly long and hilly, and the misery of the rain just made it feel longer really - difficult to hit fairway woods well with soaking wet grips. The puddles on the greens were just getting bigger, at their worst on the par 3 7th when it was pretty much unplayable. Thankfully though, on around the 10th or 11th the rain finally stopped falling. We didn't exactly dry out but at least we could take the jackets off and it was far less miserable. My golf improved along with the conditions, unsurprisingly, so I was 46 out, 40 in for an 86. England Golf app reckons I get two extra shots on that course, putting me on 17 and therefore I achieved 37 points. Pretty good for one of the wettest rounds I've ever played.

Had a lovely cheese and bacon sandwich afterwards, and the general manager popped over to us, told us that they had actually closed the course while we were out there but were happy to let us finish the round - then he gave us a personal 'rain check' saying we could phone up and get another round there for free to make up for the weather today. What a lovely gesture, we were very impressed with that. (Didn't even know a 'rain check' was an actual thing, I thought it was just an expression. ?)

New Skechers shoes were fantastic, I think my feet were literally the only part of me that was dry. New Envroll putter was good when the greens finally dried out enough to actually putt on. Holed two really nice ones in the last few holes. Now I think I might go and invest in the one piece of golf clothing I've never bought before - waterproof trousers.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went out last night for a friendly 9 holes that we pushed to 15 as we squeezed in more before the sun came down.
I tried the new putting technique of looking at a target and hitting the ball. On the practice green it showed merit… on the course it was okay but you must look at the right target ?.
Wasn’t a great score some rubbish in there and looking at targets and chipping…definitely doesn’t work!
But 6.2 miles covered and some aches and pains but happy to get out there, yardages are sliding back it’s now 1/2 to 1 more everywhere.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Club Seniors better ball strokeplay comp today.
85% of CH, I got 3 and pp got 8 shots.
Something of a supporting role for me as I was only on the card 5 times after 15 holes.
Then I birdied 16 and 17 to turn a good score into the winning score. We both parred 18th with tap ins for 46 points.
As a result we qualify to represent our club in the county seniors foursomes KO next year.
A better ball qualifier for a foursomes?
Anyway, we won, yippee.
Me and pp have known each other since we were teenagers at the same club.

D

Deleted member 3432

Played OK a couple of scruffy bogies on back 9 but otherwise not too bad.

Not comfortable swinging the club at the moment, a couple of minor tweaks to the backswing a couple of weeks ago still feeling out of sync but will work through it. Strange this year having a few lessons when I'm playing well rather than as emergency surgery.

AliMc

Visit site
Strokeplay medal today at Sunny Dunny, hit the ball really well, hit it to 4 feet for birdie on 4 and missed, hit the pin with my 2nd on 8 came out to about 3 feet and missed, worked out that if I had holed 75% of the putts within 6 feet I would have shot 75 and I shot .......... 81, it's bloody sole destroying, been like this for a few rounds now, have to do something about it soon, might see about a couple of lessons ?

D

Deleted member 3432

Strokeplay medal today at Sunny Dunny, hit the ball really well, hit it to 4 feet for birdie on 4 and missed, hit the pin with my 2nd on 8 came out to about 3 feet and missed, worked out that if I had holed 75% of the putts within 6 feet I would have shot 75 and I shot .......... 81, it's bloody sole destroying, been like this for a few rounds now, have to do something about it soon, might see about a couple of lessons ?

Do it, more than likely a quick fix.

Spotted my mate was hitting his putts today on an in to out path. He missed everything right......

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Played at Tenby today. Thought it was a decent if unspectacular links with good greens. Course was absolutely rammed with people and I was waiting from the first shot onwards. Took over three quarters of an hour to play the first three holes and I was starting to question whether I'd stick it or not when the group in front let me through. Was stop start most of the way round but, in total, 5 groups let me through and I ended up getting round in 3 hours with minimal delay to those as I played through. That certainly improved the experience greatly.

Golf was pretty bad again. Made a couple of back to back birdies on 10 and 11 to almost salvage respectability but a car crash finish - 5 over for last 5 holes - meant I was 8 over in the end.
Hacker:LOL:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Awful ........................... again! :mad:
All tee shots are pulled and pulled bad.
Have to sort it before three days golf at the end of next week! :eek:
Not sure where to start as I don't have time for a lesson, maybe I'll start with the grip.

Highslice

Visit site
9 holes after work, 1 ball, 44 shots
(good for me)

1 birdie
2 pars
3 bogies
3 doubles

putting was off today, but apart from that I’m getting there, just as the season turns..

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Managed to get out for 9 holes at Holtye today, first time on the course since 16th June. Felt brilliant to be on a course again. Just played on my own, bit of practice with 2 balls on each hole. Clearly the lessons and practice have been paying off as I finished the 9 holes with a "better ball" score of 40. Gutted I missed the majority of the summer, but it's so good to be back out on a course and it's so satisfying when the hard work you know you've put in shows like it did today.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
..... and walked off after 5 holes 2 under gross.

Pace was slower than a sleepy Sloth. My tee time was 5:40. At which time the 5:30 group should have been on or leaving the first green. However we were waiting for the 3 ball from the 5:20 time to finish the first hole. 22 minutes it took them.

They appeared to get a bit of a move on until they spent 7 minutes doing god knows what on the 5th green. At that point I'd had enough. But played the hole as it was on the way back to the car park.

There are a few groups who feel the need to stay as a group for every shot. And pace of play is glacial as a result. ?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
we had our greens hollow tined and dressed ast week and so this weeks comp was a fun Lady Cap'ts vs Lady Secretary's matchplay, sod's law but i had one of my best rounds of the year parring 12 of the 18 holes the round only let down be double bogeys on 3 and 17.
Recently I have play at courses where the green had been recently done and I wasn't impressed with the state of them but I was delighted to see that after just 10 days ours are nearly back to standard

Boomy

Visit site
(Not today, last Friday) Played Aphrodite Hills, Cyprus ⛳️ fab round of golf on a challenging course. Played to one better than my HI and that was with a set of hire clubs so happy with that. The greens had been hollow tined and sanded so it wasn’t the best on them but none the less what a fab experience. Missed my 2 on the par 3 7th hole across the ravine, but tbh I was just happy to hit the green. Had a go at reaching 18 in two, 233yards to the pin but pulled it slightly pin high into the green side bunker ? The European Tour are back there next year as well ??‍♂️

B747F91E-C7A1-4192-9B92-30628F2AA55D.jpeg
0AD773A8-4AB4-4D38-99B8-A0CE937C9250.jpeg
The drive down to the 7th ‘ravine’ hole tee.

192B07D0-155D-4B6B-92E3-E5D5D0246051.jpeg
The view from the 7th tee.

8D5C735B-453D-4C81-A8E9-D2723EAD93DB.jpeg
Looking down 18 from behind fairway bunker.
5B8F9CA5-6152-432B-9BF4-376D5B6E5FE0.jpeg
Daunting shot out of the green side bunker on 18.