I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played in my first ever shotgun start today, best 2 from 4
Our club as part of the Covid package set it up. With a lovely BBQ after at Norwood Hall. It really is like a National trust house.
Anyway, women off reds and men off whites, seniors off Yellows. I asked my PPs if we are going off yellows. It was a deffo no.
Winners got 92 playing off yellows, runner up off yellows 91 lowest Hcap of 24, Us 3rd with 90. Had to chuckle because as soon as we heard the scores me app said “ we should of gone off the yellows”. That aside my game was good but putting was atrocious.
It was hot with a 9.00 am start. There was another shotgun in the afternoon. 90 won it off the whites. Am sure they would of suffered in that heat.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Seniors away day at Boldon yesterday. Never played it before and wasn't expecting much after reading online reviews. Pleasantly surprised, really nice course in excellent condition. Had read that they had a number of greens vandalised a few months ago - some nasty piece of work had poured diesel on them. Thankfully no trace of that yesterday, greens were in good nick, pretty tricky right enough.

I guess you could call it a bit of a hidden gem.

Played OK for 32 points, weather fantastic, a very enjoyable day.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The last of the glorious weather, if you believe the forecasts...
9 inches away from an Ace with my 1st shot of the day and another 2 on our 7th (the 16th) but too many doubles..
Can't seem to push past 82/83 or 32/33 points...
With some good scores dropping off soon if I don't start breaking 80 I'm going to be getting shots where I've never had them before...

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seniors away day at Boldon yesterday. Never played it before and wasn't expecting much after reading online reviews. Pleasantly surprised, really nice course in excellent condition. Had read that they had a number of greens vandalised a few months ago - some nasty piece of work had poured diesel on them. Thankfully no trace of that yesterday, greens were in good nick, pretty tricky right enough.

I guess you could call it a bit of a hidden gem.

Played OK for 32 points, weather fantastic, a very enjoyable day.

I didn't really rate Boldon when I played there a few years ago, nothing really stood out apart from that blind shot over the rocks on the par 5 ?
Oh and my hole in one on a short par 3 ??

D

Deleted member 3432

Played in a 2 man texas scramble. Dear God, 5 hours I won't get back

Hate the format at the best of times and thought 2 man would be less bad....

I was wrong, never again.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Up in the Highlands this week relocating the boy back to uni in Dornoch. Played at Bonar Bridge last night at the recommendation of @patricks148. Great little course, thoroughly enjoyed it. A nice layout and some stunning views, but a bit rough and read with very slow greens. It's actually maintained by the local community, and at £10 for a twighlight ticket, it's well worth it, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Followed that up today with a round at Nairn with @Patrick148. Fabulous course, not my best golf but absolutely loved the course, some stunning views looking out over the firth, and blessed with warm sunshine and a gentle breeze. Top course, well worth a visit, and big thanks to Patrick for hosting us.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had the day off for a birthday round, and as my wife has started playing recently I went with her and my dad to the 18 hole par 3 course at Wycombe Heights. The third hole was missing though so we played the 18th twice to make up for it. ? It was good fun though, holes between 80 and 150 yards, but some of the greens were hellish, and some of them had run off areas where you miss the green by a yard and your ball is off down the hill! I played quite well, no birdies sadly but only 3s and 4s on the card, 8 pars 10 bogeys. My dad played well too and even my wife got one par and one bogey, so we all enjoyed it.

My new shoes were very comfortable, and the new putter felt good too, although it was tough to judge on these greens. Mostly I'm really enjoying playing these extra rounds on short courses now that my wife has taken it up, my short game is definitely improving, I played a handful of good chips today.

D

Deleted member 21258

Off first thing, millionaires golf, round in 2.45 hours slow walking. lovely. Golf hmmm

Shot 14 over, 16 greens in regulation or within 5 yards. The other two within 40 yards. No lost balls, 14 flipping over, woeful.

One thing or another but never a good score, still lovin it tho. Next punishment please:LOL:

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Clubs 2 day away 36 Hole Stableford. Played St Pierre today lying around 6th with 34 points and leader on 37. 2nd round at Rolls of Monmouth tomorrow where I was level par on Wednesday but alas only have 2 shots where as leaders have shed loads so going to be tough to haul them in ?
Loads of torrential showers today ?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Last day in the highlands before leaving the boy behind, played Royal Dornoch today. Loved Nairn yesterday, but this place does me every time, what a great course. A real tough test of golf, into a strong wind on the front nine and hosing it with rain made it a really bad start, lost 3 balls in the first 6 holes, then continued with 6 pars and a birdie over the remainder of the round, interspersed with the odd bogie. Absolutely love it out here, recommend the visit regardless of how long it takes or how much it costs. Top, top course.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another What if round today, I played at Mere in The Briggs Trophy, a singles open medal, there are not a lot around, had a great front nine a 3 over 39, continued playing well on the back nine but annoyingly 3 three putts, messed my card and then a disastrous 7 on the last, finished up with a gross 85 net 75 and a small handicap cut but rued the dropped shots, that is until I saw the winners card, she had a better front nine than me and just as bad a back.
I do lile Mere but the last 3 or 4 holes always catch me out, especially the last where I think a double is my best score, it is such a strange hole to negotiate. It is a kind double dogleg and despite 2 good shots I found my self stymied by a large tree blocking my 3rd to the green

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Clubs 2 day away 36 Hole Stableford. Played St Pierre today lying around 6th with 34 points and leader on 37. 2nd round at Rolls of Monmouth tomorrow where I was level par on Wednesday but alas only have 2 shots where as leaders have shed loads so going to be tough to haul them in ?
Loads of torrential showers today ?
Well yet again in the space of 6 days I've marked the winners card ?. My mate who had 20 shots today and know he can play like a single figure golfer duly did with a magical score of 46, best golf he's played in a month of Sundays and very heart warming as he was diagnosed with Parkinsons this year.
I tried to attack the course and paid th e price tailing off for a 32 today and 6th overall, a 34 would have seen me 3rd
3 great days and a thumps up for the St Pierre Hotel where we stayed

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Heading back from the Highlands we stopped off for a quick run round the Queens Course at Gleneagles. Great track with some stunning views, and the rain forecast stayed away. Tricky in parts, even with a stroke saver, could do with a bit more visual info round the course to help you round on some of the blind shots. Thoroughly enjoyed it and played my best golf of the week. Great value on a twighlight ticket. The four ball in front of us kindly let us through on the first tee. Meant we whizzed round in 3.5 hours, no hold ups anywhere and back before dark.

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well that was strange. Sunny, warm but very blowy. It felt like wind in your face on 15 out of 18. I'm sure it wasn't but it was how it felt #paranoid ?.

Drove well, lost my putting stroke. A mix of really good and then threw shots away through lack of concentration. My worst score of the year but I enjoyed it and it didn't feel that bad ?‍♂️.

As I said, strange.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Lovely weather today, after playing in 4 away matches I had my first run out at home in an inter-club match. Greens had been sanded, but I managed a tidy first nine and hung in for a 5&4 win. Team scraped the win also. ??

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
36 Hole Medal Comp yesterday, 82 in the morning found some form with the driver & irons but short game & putting have gone to pot. 92 in the afternoon looked worse than it was couple of trebles an and a quadruple killed the card.

38 putts both rounds ?, but the 82 resulted in 0.1 cut.

Best round drops off next week so the HI should go up by ~1.8 just in time for the winter knockouts?