I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

D

Deleted member 25172

Standing on the 18 tee in our monthly medal yesterday I was level par, which I've never shot before. I bottled it. Double bogey. Still the best score I've ever produced, and at the same time probably the most disappointing round of golf in my life.

At least I won my division and I made birdies on 3 of the 4 par 3s, so the proshop account should've have gotten itself a tidy boost.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
My best finish in a medal last Wednesday - 4th place. One under par nett. A whopping £8 in return on my club account. Also my best gross score in a comp. Great company did help!

Golf seems to be in a semi- decent place again. Found some serious extra yardage now that the weather has warmed up, driving more consistently than ever before, putting well, just need to grasp the short game again as the greens get a bit more firm!

Handicap has come down by 2.0 in a week of smashing golf in half term last week.

Got to love golf when its going well!

D

Deleted member 3432

Standing on the 18 tee in our monthly medal yesterday I was level par, which I've never shot before. I bottled it. Double bogey. Still the best score I've ever produced, and at the same time probably the most disappointing round of golf in my life.

At least I won my division and I made birdies on 3 of the 4 par 3s, so the proshop account should've have gotten itself a tidy boost.

Next time you get into the same position you will be more prepared to handle it as you know what it feels like.

Well played ?

D

Deleted member 21258

Playing like a hacker, WHS will have gone from 6.6 to 9.6, unless I do a good card next time out. Swing is all over the place. Oh well great to be out. No excuses the conditions were perfect and greens/surrounds/run ins & offs absolutely immaculate

Love a big bunker(bigger pictures if you click on thumbail, then click again) :-

Hare today, hare gone :-

View opened up of the steeple over lockdown :-

General views :-

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out at 7 flying solo as I'm Billy-no-mates until Thursday.
Trying different club configurations, different lofts etc.
Getting to grips with it all and finally striking my irons with a bit of authority.
Got to the turn to find a 3 balll in front - we have 6 back 9 slots every morning from 7.40 and they went out just before I came round to the 10th.
I was in no rush but they definitely didn't seem to want to even offer to let me through so I just played a few extra shots and putts.
Bit coming up 15 I only feel every joint begin to stiffen up, especially the dodgy knee so called it a day after 16.
32 points to there with the 1st ball so pretty happy with that.
Got a quiet week workwise so going out every day for at least 9.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played yesterday in our monthly medal and had a shocker - shanked about 10-12 times in a row, Driver was hot and cold as I'm still working on the stuff from my lesson and I paid dearly. Ended up NR after hooking three into the trees on 7th and didn't have it in me to tee up another. Then just enjoyed the day and treated it like a practice round - still managed to get a two on our 16th after a 25' downhill and down a slope made me smile. Could be worse I could've been at work.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
I played Saturday, lucky to get 27 points, couldn't hit the ball out of my way, and was totally disillusioned Saturday night. Played yesterday (Sunday) and had 43 points and potentially there was scope for more (missed 2 shortish birdie putts). Funny old game.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
1st round of our senior club champs today.
Hoping I can hold it together for the second round.
8 over gross today which is usually a good shout for one of the rounds.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
We played an away 3 man Texas scramble open, I was delighted with my game :D and thought we played not too bad overall (y).
We came 22nd, the winners score was 54 :eek: 2nd was 57 :cry:.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Hickory foursomes at Hunstanton, we were going okay until the 10th when the shanks hit me hard and it all went to pot.

Same thing at Brancaster tomorrow, hope I can play better.

The Dog.

Visit site
No not really, have played on better greens recently, fairways scabby in places with lots of seeding AMG. Yes some good holes but lot of pins in very tricky positions when you've not played the course before. M25 noise is pretty unrelenting too

Agree about the noise. I was very underwhelmed when I played there and couldn’t really see what all the fuss was about.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Played yesterday pm...lovely day and looking to avoid the imbalance of my previous round’s gross 36, 48 against 35, 37 card.

But blow me. Eight straight pars then a double on 9th - still out in 37, but the double set up my Wobblies and back in 47. A better 47 than Saturday’s 48 as yesterday I was careless with my long putting and had four x 3 putts. Nonetheless, yet another very frustrating back nine.

The way things are going I sense WHS will see me off 12 or even 13 come the club championship in September, last year I was off 8 and I feel my underlying game is better now than then. Chances for the handicap trophy ?

D

Deleted member 3432

Very windy at Silloth this morning, 3 club wind bordering on 4 club at times.

Struck the ball great just kept burning the edge most of the round and a 2 over 74 could easily have been sub par although more than happy with the score in the conditions.

We partered up with a Canadian visitor who loved the course and is now on the motorway heading way south to try and make his tee time at Hillside later this afternoon.

Course has browned off again and is very firm and bouncy now.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Very windy at Silloth this morning, 3 club wind bordering on 4 club at times.

Struck the ball great just kept burning the edge most of the round and a 2 over 74 could easily have been sub par although more than happy with the score in the conditions.

We partered up with a Canadian visitor who loved the course and is now on the motorway heading way south to try and make his tee time at Hillside later this afternoon.

Course has browned off again and is very firm and bouncy now.

Outrageous - lunch in the Silloth clubhouse and back out for more is the only way to do it