I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Quarter final of the foursomes at Torvean(kings) giving away 18 shots:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
one of them played out of his skin and they were soon 4 up, MPP is a bit of a defeatist and was convinced we would lose,, but we started to play well on the back 9 and they played like 26 and a 19 handicap and we won the last 4 holes on the trot to win 1 up on the last

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played Bamburgh Castle Golf Club yesterday while up in Northumberland on holiday, definitely one of those courses where you feel you'd do better second (or third) time of playing.
Enjoyable round with a good breeze blowing, below is the 16th green looking down to the castle in the background. I played MacGregor Nicklaus store line laminated 3 wood (sole survivor from my first ever set of clubs!), Swilken blade irons (named, not numbered), Craigton SW and an Edinburgh Golf "Rapier" putter.
69041380_506340023513486_6382137109104295936_n.jpg

Last edited:
Visit site
Played today, was told we couldn't take buggies out because of the state of the course, after very heavy rains on Wednesday. Even staying on the buggy path. I normally walk with an electric trolley but during the silly season, very hot in July/August, we hire a buggy.
So no buggy, but they did offer us a push trolley. So of we go, however they have been hollow-tinning the greens, but the wet weather has made a right mess of everything. Played 15 holes with sand & holes and 3 holes with temp greens. Worse I have seen the course after a hollow-tinning session. But to be fair to the club the guys were all out their working. Unfortunately when we do get these heavy rains (which isn't very often) it does take a few weeks to get the course back.

Luckily our season doesn't start until the 1st September, so hopefully it will better in a few weeks.

As for the golf, well putting was a lottery, driving was at best average, irons wasn't much better. And after 7 weeks of using a buggy, I feel totally knackered walking around the course. Luckily the temp was bearable :cool::cool:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
After 3 rounds of quite decent play I staggered to 30 points today by missing greens from no distance again.
Some really good play but ,Oh Man, there was some tripe.
Biorhythms obviously off kilter...either that or I couldn't activate my glutes.....
Rinse/repeat....:confused:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Lesson this morning. Strengthened grip, more shaft lean and couple of small changes to the transition but nothing major. Hit a few balls on the practice ground after lunch and then out for 18 holes as I'm playing this weekend. Wanted to test it out. Played one of the bar staff and win a little matchplay game 2&1 and so got a beer from him

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Little practise on the front 9 tonight. Lovely weather as the sun was coming down. Hit the ball pretty well. Slight progress on the recent driving problems, wasn't coming up and hitting them thin anymore, but I've gone back to fading again. Putting was pretty good, once I'd got over my surprise that the greens were still quite slow even though it was dry as a bone. One par, six bogeys, so mostly tidy. Triple on the hardest hole, double on another where my drive left behind a tree and I had to chip around it.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sneaky practice round at Formby Ladies ready for our club away days in two weeks time. Course to ourselves, recent work on the fairways and greens didn't detract from our enjoyment . If you've not been we'd recommend and if you do , don't go in the heather :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
5 hours behind a fourball today at Galgorm that had no idea what they were doing and refused to let the two of us through.

Needless to say that waiting on every shot does nothing for your rhythm or enjoyment of the round.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So what you're saying is He's a Bandit isn't it..?:LOL:
Get off the fence Guy, say it how it is...

ps...well played Mate(y)

Cheers mate, he is definitely not a bandit, for the past few weeks he hasn't scored more than 28 pts, so it was good to see him play well, the lesson he had certainly helped him. (even though it cost me £4)🤣🤣

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Cawdor cup today, never missed a fairway and missed loads of greens not by much mostly though the back, putted like a tool and made life very hard for myself, perfect conditions too not a breath of wind on the back 9:mad:

doubt i will hit the ball so well and score so poorly :confused::confused: 0.1

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
A strong lip out on 18th was frustrating as it robbed me of a 40pt roll-up today. Well, well, well. Still dancing a wee jig with 39pts as was in zombie-land of high teens and low twenties for a good few weeks - and only last couple of weekends have I managed to get back in land of the living of low 30s. And so only 6 over gross with a couple of sillies in there as well. That light at the end of the tunnel of last couple of weeks is dazzling today. 🎶🕺