I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played in an interclub match away at Manchester this afternoon, I played really well, giving 6 shots I won3&2 with 12 pars, 4 bogeys and just 2 doubles, only a couple of poor shots and didn't hole a putt of note all round. Its the county Championship at Pleasington over the bank holiday, I hope I can keep that form going for that

Jay-Marie

Medal Winner
Visit site
Well not quite as good as last weeks round but considering it is my first time playing to new handicap following reduction to 9.3 last week. I found playing of 8 pretty tricky but managed 33 points. 9.4 here i come haha

Wolf

Visit site
Played in a club league match today. Driver was still performing miracles, drawers and fades on demand (prefer the controlled fade) we had a unbelievably tight match literally 1 hole in it from the off.

Walked off the 18th with my partner victorious with a 1up victory. Just try and do it all again tomorrow in comp.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played today in the medal and was 3 over after 9, the 18 handicapper in the group was 3 over par.
I shot 81 he went on to shoot 78 for a nett 60.
He was leading by 9 when I left.
Was really nice to see as he’s a top bloke and always enters the comps.
Another lovely day in Combe

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Close, but no cigar. Again! A net 71 (4th place & two off the lead when I left). A few shots ok but not quite good enough, but otherwise played really well - except for one stupid decision which cost me, and 3 really poor shots up the last. . So close to a cut but...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
31 points in the first round of the weekend board event. A round that had so much potential having been level handicap after 11 holes. Then had two no score holes on the spin and from then everytime I got a par (net birdie) I'd chuck it back on the next hole. Didn't feel I actually hit it great and definitely not in contention but hopefully I can post a good score in my second round and get as high up the leaderboard as I can

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Four ball at Richings Park today. I was hungover and have zero confidence in my game at the minute so I knew it would be a bad one. So it proved with a poor front nine of only 12 points. Managed 19 on the back nine though for a slightly respectable 31 total. Only hit one proper shank as far as I can recall, on the 6th tee, and one sort of half almost shank on the 1st. But with the lack of confidence in my irons the strike was generally poor at times anyway.

Biggest plus was my lag putting was excellent, I just got the pace of the greens early and didn't have a single three putt all day. Hybrids were bad, which was a shame as they've come on leaps and bounds recently. Every other club experienced the full spectrum from excellent to woeful.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
first round of the club champs yesterday, hit the ball well, but could not putt for toffee...81 gross, :(

has lashed it down since yesterday afternoon, course almost flooded so 2nd round cancelled.

not a chance of qualifying, which is a relief as it looks like more of the same tomorrow

Wolf

Visit site
Stableford cup board comp 4 rounds over 4 months all rounds count to final total..

Went into today having been hitting the ball best I have in ages and playing really well yesterday and hitting it well in warm up on range today . Get to 1st tee and All I can say is I had no idea how to swing the club, nothing felt the same on practice swing or actual swings. Scraped 16 points front half thanks to some big putts. Back 9 no 2 swings felt the same, blobbed 3 holes out of nowhere and when I did hit a good shot I massively miss clubbed and air mailed greens. Strolled off the back 9 with 11pts for a total of 27 and another 0.1 coming back..

There are no words for today I literally cannot describe how different things felt to last few days...

Time to go an sulk somewhere 😂

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Pairs betterball medal today and played alongside one of our juniors who plays off of 5. Started on the 10th, a long par four. Hit a great drive and 7-iron to 20ft from the flag and then four putted! The putting got better, but the rest of the play deteriorated and we finished with a net 72. The winners scored a net 60.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Well I played the new Dunlop Maxfli Roberto de Vicenzo set, putter included, in today's Stableford qualifier (see here for details https://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/threads/vintage-golf.93646/post-2000474 ). I wasn't hitting the ball great yet cobbled together 18 points gong out but coming back all my bad shots were punished with poor lies and trees, back in 12 points for 30 total, 0.1 back. The clubs played well but, although I holed some good ones and had 30 putts for the round, I never felt comfortable with the putter.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bogey Board comp yesterday, didn’t know it was bogey until I exchanged cards on the first tee. Hate the things but I’m a firm believer in playing as many qualifiers as possible. Scrappy front 9 doing very little wrong but just not getting the rub. Much better back 9 with 4 birdies and an eagle. Didn’t finish out well, final result was a -2. Thankfully CSS went out by 1 and I avoided the 0.1. Keep 2.9 for another week.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Stableford cup board comp 4 rounds over 4 months all rounds count to final total..

Went into today having been hitting the ball best I have in ages and playing really well yesterday and hitting it well in warm up on range today . Get to 1st tee and All I can say is I had no idea how to swing the club, nothing felt the same on practice swing or actual swings. Scraped 16 points front half thanks to some big putts. Back 9 no 2 swings felt the same, blobbed 3 holes out of nowhere and when I did hit a good shot I massively miss clubbed and air mailed greens. Strolled off the back 9 with 11pts for a total of 27 and another 0.1 coming back..

There are no words for today I literally cannot describe how different things felt to last few days...

Time to go an sulk somewhere 😂
It happens and you have been on a roll recently. I seem to frequently warm up well and cross the road to the putting green and first tee and something seems to happen where tempo and the swing bear no resemblance to how I was hitting it 15 minutes earlier and it becomes one massive struggle. Put it down to one of those days

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played in the COunty Championship today, I played decently and apart from taking 4 in a very soggy bunker, was in my buffer zone after stableford adjustment and qualified for the 2nd flight of the matchplay tomorrow, I was pleased that only one person with a higher handicap than me bettered my gross score and I beat quite a few who were lower. I didn't get much luck today so hopefully I will get a bit tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 1147

Medal yesterday, started with 2 regulation pars then a triple bogey, 2 more pars and a lost ball on 6.
NR’d at that point but kept playing hard and managed to buffer.
Pleased with the effort to avoid the 0.1.

Wolf

Visit site
It happens and you have been on a roll recently. I seem to frequently warm up well and cross the road to the putting green and first tee and something seems to happen where tempo and the swing bear no resemblance to how I was hitting it 15 minutes earlier and it becomes one massive struggle. Put it down to one of those days
Indeed Homer I agree it happens, sadly at the moment it's always with a card in hand.

Definitely one of those days, just nothing was or felt right,. Sleep it off and go again tomorrow

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played yesterday and had the most mixed round - for 12 holes I was 4 over par including 2 birdies and amassed 30 points. For the other 6 I was 16 over par and blobbed all of them.

Definite case of what could have been but I've been having lessons the last couple of weeks and am implementing the changes so some bad shots are to be expected - the positive is that the good shots were very good including sticking an approach shot to 6 inches from 140 yards out into wind to set up my second birdie.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Our club team got put out of the Jimmy Bruin yesterday. playing on an out and back links course in comical wind. downwind was near impossible to stop the ball on the green and into was just a battle.

We were the 4th match out playing alternate shots. great match. standing with a 20 foot birdie putt on 18 with them in the greenside bunker and n big trouble up against the face, the shout came that the group behind us had lost their match on 17 and their team had got 3 wins. they picked up their ball and shook hands.

I have to admit I was gutted not to play out match to a finish out of personal pride and the fact we had battled with the elements for 4 hours to get to this point.

One of our other ties were down the 2nd play off hole when they got the shout that it was over.

Great days golf but personally I felt a bit deflated not seeing our match to its conclusion.