I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Re: I played today, and........(Rolling thread)

My first round after a lesson, I’ve had enough of being 8-10 shots over handicap; each round.

I was ticking along nicely when I stood over my 2nd shot from the middle of the 14th fairway, despite some brutal putting, I then chunked it in the pond and 3 putted for a triple! 3 bunker shots on the next for a double, and then I couldn’t find my ball after a drive on 16 led me to NR, a couple of par’s to finish left me feeling ok after my recent lesson and swing changes - a step in the right direction, but need to do better.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Re: I played today and......

It came out the box easily, It was easy to pen my mark on it, it sat on the tee nice, other than that, god knows 😟

😂 you should record that review as a mini vlog and stick it on Homer's You Tube channel. Gold. :rofl:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Re: I played today, and........(Rolling thread)

A bit late, but played yesterday at Centurion in the Rick Garg Memorial day. Golf was not great, though I was ticking along ok with 24 points after 13 holes, until I made the mistake of having a Peroni on the 14th. Think I scored two points on the last five holes.:eek: Had to be done to toast an old and not forgotten personal friend, and that of the forum. Was great to have Rick's brother Paul walking round with us, and we had a lot of laughs which Rick would have approved of.:thup:

Nice touch from the club to make the day a board competition. Just shows what Centurion thought of Rick. Great to catch up with Karen again, and to celebrate the England win in such great company.

Big thanks to Rick Wilson(RW1986) for the invite to play, though he did make the feeble excuse that his wife was going into labour to avoid playing with me.:eek:oo::)

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site

A bit late, but played yesterday at Centurion in the Rick Garg Memorial day. Golf was not great, though I was ticking along ok with 24 points after 13 holes, until I made the mistake of having a Peroni on the 14th. Think I scored two points on the last five holes.:eek: Had to be done to toast an old and not forgotten personal friend, and that of the forum. Was great to have Rick's brother Paul walking round with us, and we had a lot of laughs which Rick would have approved of.:thup:

Nice touch from the club to make the day a board competition. Just shows what Centurion thought of Rick. Great to catch up with Karen again, and to celebrate the England win in such great company.

Awesome :thup:

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site

Shot a 95... Very strange round, had planned to walk off after 9 as I just wasn't really getting into the swing of it. Stood on the 9th tee, 280yard par 4 (Downhill) thought to myself, nothing to lose so pulled the driver out. Hit the green from the tee and proceeded to 3 putt to make a par. Extremely disappointing. Very up and down but played the last 4 holes to 2 over par with a few decent shots meaning i left with somewhat of a smile on my face.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Finally managed to put a whole round together (almost) for a new PB of 80! Still find myself feeling disappointed after a silly 3 putt in 16 and then taking a 7 on the 18th (par 5).

I knew beating 80 was on the cards so hit hybrid off the tee so as not to tempt myself in going for the green in 2 which involved a shot of 200 yards plus with the green being 10 yards over a pond.

Think adrenaline kicked in coz my 200 yard hybrid decided to cover best part of 240. Still a lay up with the 7 iron would leave me a full wedge in. Queue the next shot flying too. Leaving me 60 yards over a pond at a flag tucked over a bunker. Obviously I just dink any old shot to the middle of the green and 2 putt. At least that what I did with the second attempt having tried to flip a **** high off a bare lie and knifing into the drink!

arggghh! My 78 lost with one stupid shot!

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Busy few days of golf. Estepona GC on Friday and played some decent golf in parts. Apparently a lot of work has been done recently to improve the course and there were two or three greens that had a lot of sand on the surrounds to help that improvement. Home in the early hours of Saturday, a few hours sleep and then Captains Day. Not the best preparation for a big comp and it showed as the card was littered with doubles. Today it was County Captains Day and despite three blobs on the card the golf was a lot better. It will be good top go back to work tomorrow, just to slow down a bit.

D

Deleted member 16999

4BBB Comp today, 43 points so both me and my partner pleased. Played some great wedges off some tough lies.
49 points leading when we left!

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site

Club Championship today, despite an odd start ( it the ball with the toe of the club times in the first 8 holes with 4 different clubs. One, went OOB and another was a lost ball, I managed to hold my score together for 43 shots followed it with another 43 for a morning round of 86, 7 nett just outside my buffer.
In the afternoon started with a double bogie but then had a purple patch an f played the rest of the nine in level for a gross 38, despite 4 pars on the final 9 I had 2 triple bogey 8s both really down to unfortunate bounces so took 46 blows for a 84 net 73, at least in my buffer.

So I failed to retain my title, but the chances of that were slim once our handicapper was fit to play.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Shot 35 points. Ccs went down 1 so ended up with a 0.1

Stings quite a bit.

Had 2 blanks on 10 and 11 then shot 1under for remaining holes. Frustration of 10 bled into 11. Reset on 12 and played well so happy with that.

Titleist3

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Played today.

Didn’t do too well.

Dropped silly shots.

4 holes was on for birdies left with bogey thanks to 3 putting.

Hitting a wedge instead of putting off the green also killed me and cost me 2 shots in the end.

A par 3 tee shot meant it was a triple bogey hole too.

Apart from that, I got a great sun tan.

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Been away in Italy for 10 days, played Thursday and Friday last week just for a bit of fun. Did ok, just wanted to start swinging again!

Played in a comp on Saturday. 2 over Gross stood on 17th tee box....490yard par 5. Walked off with a 9! 1 silly shot (which then cost me another shot) and a lost ball!

Walked off with a 76, so a nice little 0.4 cut down to 7.8, but could have been a 0.8/1.0 cut easy! Oh well!

--------------------------------

Played a foresomes match yesterday. 3 up after 13. I personally had a mare on 14, approach into trees(2), partner chipped out(3), then approach into bushes(4), partner chipped out(5), approach bladed through the back into bushes(6)...conceded hole. What makes matters worse is that the duo we were playing were just short of the green for 5!! We were giving them a shot too! Doh. For the record the 14th is an uphill 380 yard par 4.

Eventually won on the 17th 2&1!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I played a blinder yesterday! Entered the July medal, which coincidentally was the one competition I won last year. Triple bogeyed the first (tricky par 3) but recovered and went on to go round in 84, a new personal best for me, and less my 22 handicap gives me 62 net! Par is 68 at our place, but that could still be on for a winning score and retaining my July medal title! :rofl: At the very least it will be a huge cut I should think. I know the best anyone got on the Saturday was 63, but I don't know what the other Sunday players did yet.

I hit some much better drives today, although still a couple of awful ones - but I managed to recover from those ones really well. The bone dry fairways helped in that respect I think (i.e. just pumping it out of the rough, still got it to roll up quite close to the green). My short game was really good (for me), and with the new e6 softs I was trying out, I felt I was holding a lot more greens than my DX2s were in the last few weeks. Putting was good two, save for two shortish ones that I was gutted I missed (should have been 82 really!). Overall it was 5 pars, 11 bogeys, 1 double, 1 triple. So nice and tidy really. Delighted.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de

I played a blinder yesterday! Entered the July medal, which coincidentally was the one competition I won last year. Triple bogeyed the first (tricky par 3) but recovered and went on to go round in 84, a new personal best for me, and less my 22 handicap gives me 62 net! Par is 68 at our place, but that could still be on for a winning score and retaining my July medal title! :rofl: At the very least it will be a huge cut I should think. I know the best anyone got on the Saturday was 63, but I don't know what the other Sunday players did yet.

I hit some much better drives today, although still a couple of awful ones - but I managed to recover from those ones really well. The bone dry fairways helped in that respect I think (i.e. just pumping it out of the rough, still got it to roll up quite close to the green). My short game was really good (for me), and with the new e6 softs I was trying out, I felt I was holding a lot more greens than my DX2s were in the last few weeks. Putting was good two, save for two shortish ones that I was gutted I missed (should have been 82 really!). Overall it was 5 pars, 11 bogeys, 1 double, 1 triple. So nice and tidy really. Delighted.

Well played!

I had a good round yesterday as well. Actually the best comp round in more than a year. Individual Stableford, I played 41 netto points and got my handicap cut from 32 to 29.5. Came in second in my handicap class. The winner had 46 points, but he is a bit of a bandit. Young guy who used to play as a junior and now just started again after a few years away from the game. An since his handicap had been inactive for so long, they put him on a bit of a random handicap of 28, even though he used to be way lower when he was still playing. Can't compete with that.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

King Trophy (Blue tee Low handicap) on Saturday, flat calm all morning, not so much as a breath of wind, well until 12 when we tee's off loads of good scores in from the early starters. its an open so was playing with two visitors. 3 wood and 58 deg was good enough to start but not so for my playing partners. one from Glasgow was in a bunker off the tee and could not get out so NR's the first. other was in the deep stuff and doubled the 1st.
2nd is 486 and with burn across the fairway at 270 and by now a strong easterly behind us, it was only 4 iron off the tee to make sure you would not make it in. 6 iron straight at it from 236, which i didn't think would be enough, but bounced straight though the back into thick deep rough. dropped shot. 3rd (420)three wood off the tee hit it very well nice draw around the dog leg, bouncing away. got up there, no sign of it by the road across the fairway, not in the cross bunker. could not believe it was in the spectacle bunkers short of the green right:( took 6 shots to get out after it rolling back in the bunkers off the steep slope between the green and the bunkers each time, so racked up a 9, parred 4 and 5, 6th 190. 170 to carry the bunkers took a 7 iron straight at the green looked all over the pin all the way. bounced over the back never to be seen again. already slow with 6,7 being a bottle neck hold up due to the location of the further back blue tee for the 7th. NR'd almost half the field did the same and the other 2 players in my group, very tough in the afternoon and no good scores as such from anyone who tee'd off after 11. i blame the birdie on the first:rofl:

Blue tee's again next Sat, but got an early