Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Re: I played today and......

At 6.55 am at The Zoo it was foggy!!!!!
Visibility less than 150 yards....
All gone by 8.
Played like a drain......
Stupid game

At least you would have seen all of your shots with that distance of visibility and the fog wouldn't of hampered any of your shots. You must of had the course to yourself. :whoo:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

QF of singles KO, same handicap so no shots given and neither of us has been playing great recently.

Opponent put his first OB, second in trees and conceded hole so 1 up after only hitting one shot and feeling good.
He barely put a foot wrong after that however and I lost 5 & 3.

A few poor tee shots cost me dear.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site

For the first time ever, scored scored under 80 !!! :D Scored 79. Ok, it was only the short Ashludie course at Monifieth, but iit's a par 68, and you still have to get the ball in the hole. Chuffed.

(The Medal course in the morning was a bit more challenging but still got into buffer zone despite a couple of N/R holes)

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Shot 90 this morning, that's about my level just now. Need to get rid of all the doubles and triples that just seem to get in there. Handicap trending back up, ohh well there's always next week.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

My good form from Wednesday showed up again yesterday and I won our annual 36 hole society “major”. 69 (65)in the morning and 73 (69) in the afternoon to win by a good few shots. Best score in the morning and second best in the afternoon. Won the trophy 3 times now, last time was 23 years ago.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

My good form from Wednesday showed up again yesterday and I won our annual 36 hole society “major”. 69 (65)in the morning and 73 (69) in the afternoon to win by a good few shots. Best score in the morning and second best in the afternoon. Won the trophy 3 times now, last time was 23 years ago.

Great play!

But don't leave it so long next time. ;)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I played today, and........(Rolling thread)

Was absolutely shocking 😳

After a couple of weeks of great form, you’d thought today was the first time I’d picked up a club, what a wake up call 🤔

Looking forward to tomorrow’s roll up to install some confidence back, as that today was unacceptable.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Played in Little Aston mixed open at the weekend, played okay, wife played bad but played well on the right holes, had one player in the team on fire, sinking putts from all over the place, lucky kicks etc.

And won the little sucker, got some nice Little Aston wine glasses for my diet coke;)

The day was absolutely superb again, best open I have ever been to. Knew we went last year, photos before starting, a starter announcing your name on the tee, the service in the bar/restaurant amazing, took a drinks order as you came off the 18th, greeted when you arrived etc. Just a brilliant day. The bunkers were still unlike any other course.

Then to beau on Monday with our guests, the terrain, setting, friendly staff and layout is proud to be 'part of', after the 2nd we had millionaires golf.

Awesome! 👏👏👏

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site

35 points today (no blobs 😃), pretty solid with a nice chip in birdie.

Oh. Also includes a 2 shot penalty for playing a wrong ball 🤦🏻*♂ - first time ever I think. SMH

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Re: I played today, and........(Rolling thread)

Didn’t see this had already started, feel free to delete.

Fish

Banned
Visit site

I played today, and.....was absolutely shocking 😳

After a couple of weeks of really great form, you’d thought today was the first time I’d picked up a club, what a wake up call 🤔

Looking forward to tomorrow’s roll up to install some confidence back, as that today was unacceptable 😡

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site

hit the ball really well,

went level par gross for 6 holes on the back nine then went quad. quad bogey. all the good work wasted. tbh, I was doing too well, it had to end in disaster

75 net despite dropping a total of 13 shots on just 3 holes,

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Had been tickling along nicely for the nine holes after work I've played most of the week. Rocked up in the roll up today and played like an idiot. Couldn't get anything going, other than my pitching and definitely couldn't buy a putt. Tried a new Titleist AVX today. Not overly impressed and couldn't see any real difference between that and the Pro V1 I was using

Fish

Banned
Visit site

I also tried the new AVX ball, it looked great tee’d up on the 1st tee, then I carved it straight into the pond in front of our 7th tee, never to be seen again!

I wasn’t going to risk another if it was going to be ‘one of those days’ which it turned into, so I changed to a Chrome Soft which somehow went all the way around!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Worst round in living memory today. Some rotten luck. Round over early doors.

Collectively as a 4 ball we were crap so the decision was taken to jack it in after 13 holes to go watch the footy.

Tomorrow is another day.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I also tried the new AVX ball, it looked great tee’d up on the 1st tee, then I carved it straight into the pond in front of our 7th tee, never to be seen again!

I wasn’t going to risk another if it was going to be ‘one of those days’ which it turned into, so I changed to a Chrome Soft which somehow went all the way around!

Initial thoughts until the watery grave?