I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Club Major today - Earl of Bucks Medal.
Started well with a par.
Then it started raining......and it didn't stop......and the wind gutted up and down like a yo-yo.
Those who played early got through before the weather turned...we weren't so lucky.
In the circumstances I'm not that unhappy with 83 nett 76
Almost every green was different as they had differing amounts of rain on them..
Looks like a nett 66 from an early player is going to win it..looking on the bright side id have had to shoot1 or 2 over par to win.
So that wasn't happening :ROFLMAO:
All the kit is now drying in the kitchen...supposed to be playing tomorrow...things may still be mildly moist...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played Oakland Park with the wife today. A nice short 67-par course so perfect for her. I played better than yesterday and something like back to the form I was in prior to that. Shot 77 for 40 points. My driver was poor for the front nine, kept pushing it down the right, but lucky there was plenty of par 3s where I didn't have to hit it. Made 10 pars in the end, but two doubles, including a lost ball on the last hole which was very annoying. A classic case of "driver might be too much here, I'll hit a 5 wood for safety" and promptly carve it right, never to be seen again.

She had write-offs on the 3rd and 4th, then played really well right up until the 17th and 18th which were also write-offs. Total 116 (approx) for 34 points off 45 hcap, so not bad at all. She was hitting her 5 wood brilliant, until I called it her best club of the day, then she could only duff it after that. So she learned about the golfers curse and blamed me which was fair enough.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Having played with three guys from The Leicestershire on a courtesy at our club a week ago they kindly invited me over to join them as a guest to their course this morning. Had a very enjoyable round with lovely weather and the highlight was one of the PPs, who I understand is 78, nearly getting a hole in one with a 7-wood on a 150 yard Par 3. It hit the flagstick and stopped just inches from the hole. He was delighted nonetheless.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
4BBB mixed at ours today, I played with the Captain, we had a shocking score just 29 points, I actually played pretty well but a combination of misfortune and poor putting plus the fact that the captain only came in on 3 holes (he had driving problems) all added up to the poor score. On the other hand the couple we played with, the president and his partner, seemed to hole everything and had a fantastic score of 47 points. Quite surprisingly they only came 2nd, beaten by a score of 48 points!

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Gross 92, net 79 in the medal today. I was level par for the 3 hardest holes on the course, just the rest of it where I wasn't any good.

The winner was a 27 handicap who shot 10 under his hcp for a net 61....... Very interested to see how his handicap changes overnight.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
1st home league match today. Level par for a 5/4 win. Team won 6-2. Heaved it down for 1 hole and we got soaked. By the time I had put my wet gear on the rain had stopped.

Highslice

Visit site
...42 points, off 17.

Was seeing the ball like a tennis ball, off the tee and all iron shots were flushed all day. My putting from 20ft or less is fine but I really struggle from 10-20 yards aournd the green - if I could chip I dread to think what I would have scored, would've been embarassing.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gross 92, net 79 in the medal today. I was level par for the 3 hardest holes on the course, just the rest of it where I wasn't any good.

The winner was a 27 handicap who shot 10 under his hcp for a net 61....... Very interested to see how his handicap changes overnight.
Knowing WHS he'll probably go up 0.3. :ROFLMAO:

Springveldt

Visit site
Miles away I'm afraid, how could I miss a blindingly green shirt ?‍♂️?

Bob and Nigel were two lovely blokes. Bob's short game was off yesterday. He fluffed numerous short chips until the 17th when he finally left one dead. It was a bit of a running theme until that hole. Presumably how he hit the chip on the 17th is the norm for him then?

How much for your putting game? ?. That's good going on those greens. Some of them were really slick, the downhill putts getting very interesting.

I found it hard going with the wind at times yesterday. Mix that with an unknown and unreliable driver, thanks but no thanks Mr M2, and it was not a round to stick in the memory. Pleasant company, pleasant walk, not so pleasant golf. Bring on the stableford next week.
Yeah, Bob's chipping and putting is usually spot on, a lot of the older guys I've played with have great touch around the greens. It was after playing with them I stopped trying to hit a 58 everywhere and now use a 50 for more roll and chipping from the edge of the green is now probably the strongest part of my game. If I've only missed the green with a few yards I expect to get up and down more often than not.

I was surprised by the wind as well, MetOffice was saying it was going to be a calm day but it felt like a 2 club wind.

On putting, my Shotscope confirmed what I thought. I had my best round with the putter, I made nearly everything I looked at. Short game looks bad on the stats but I was in 5 greenside bunkers with some horrendous lies.

Y4NjbHTm.png

Compared to 18 rounds last year.

Cd4rL6bm.png

Even if can putt even a quarter of what I did on Saturday I'd be delighted. :)

MikeF86

Visit site
My recent nomad golf has equated to an igolf handicap of 24.3 and rising. Recent golf has felt better than the scores suggest.

Played my mates place (Boughton @Bdill93 you ever played it?) and was allowed 28 shots!! Went round in 85 (Par 70)! Just one of those rounds. Most things clicked but still felt like i left a couple out there for another day. I'm pretty much an exclusively 5 wood tee shot player and it was on fire. 1st 3 holes recorded 231, 242 & 250 yards which put me in decent positions. Still too many poor putts but very happy to see my handicap @ 17.3 this morning. First time out with my new to me MP20 HMB's and bloody loved them. Thoroughly expecting to be bought back to reality next time out!!

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
Played Brancepeth GC for the second time yesterday, probably even more appreciative of just how good it is as a course than the first time (I’d just started playing then). £36 to play Sunday PM, dread to think what it would cost round my neck of the woods (Woking)

Shot 95 (vs 108 first time round when I’d just started) and that’s 41 points and a joint PB for me so delighted! Got a bit lucky with a few drives that ended up on adjacent fairways (would have been lost at my course), but my approach play was fab from 80-100yards, didn’t hit a single bunker all day.

Duffed a few 5/6i shots so tee shots and second shots remain the areas to focus on

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
My recent nomad golf has equated to an igolf handicap of 24.3 and rising. Recent golf has felt better than the scores suggest.

Played my mates place (Boughton @Bdill93 you ever played it?) and was allowed 28 shots!! Went round in 85 (Par 70)! Just one of those rounds. Most things clicked but still felt like i left a couple out there for another day. I'm pretty much an exclusively 5 wood tee shot player and it was on fire. 1st 3 holes recorded 231, 242 & 250 yards which put me in decent positions. Still too many poor putts but very happy to see my handicap @ 17.3 this morning. First time out with my new to me MP20 HMB's and bloody loved them. Thoroughly expecting to be bought back to reality next time out!!

I have yes! Did anyone mention that it was designed by the same chap who designed Augusta? They like to mention it! :ROFLMAO:

Thats a top effort around what can be a tricky course though! Well played!

I do love their 9th (I think its 9 anyway) the par 3 over the stream.. stunning little hole!

MikeF86

Visit site
I have yes! Did anyone mention that it was designed by the same chap who designed Augusta? They like to mention it! :ROFLMAO:

Thats a top effort around what can be a tricky course though! Well played!

I do love their 9th (I think its 9 anyway) the par 3 over the stream.. stunning little hole!

No they didn't but I had heard that! My mate is arsed about that type of stuff so no surprise he never said anything. The 8th that is. I thinned a lovely 9 iron to pin high just off the green, chip & putt for par then onto the next. The course really suited my eye and didn't seem overly long which again suits me. Can see why its one of the most expensive around however.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
No they didn't but I had heard that! My mate is arsed about that type of stuff so no surprise he never said anything. The 8th that is. I thinned a lovely 9 iron to pin high just off the green, chip & putt for par then onto the next. The course really suited my eye and didn't seem overly long which again suits me. Can see why its one of the most expensive around however.

Yeah, its a very well maintained, probably the best in Worcester for sure. "The Worcestershire" in Malvern is equally as beautiful - one to try if you havent already!

I remember the half way hut is there which is why I thought 9th! They do a cracking sausage roll!

Some really lovely holes at Boughton and fantastic to play in the summer!

MikeF86

Visit site
Yeah, its a very well maintained, probably the best in Worcester for sure. "The Worcestershire" in Malvern is equally as beautiful - one to try if you havent already!

I remember the half way hut is there which is why I thought 9th! They do a cracking sausage roll!

Some really lovely holes at Boughton and fantastic to play in the summer!

Another pal is a member up there, played it twice last year but didn't do it any justice so going to tap him up again for another round. As you say, those two are impeccable.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Another pal is a member up there, played it twice last year but didn't do it any justice so going to tap him up again for another round. As you say, those two are impeccable.

Bransford is another little gem too. Best played in summer but all the lakes etc make it a good challenge!

Ombersley and Sapey if you dont mind a drive.

Some lovely places nearby - and I just play at the cheapest :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MikeF86

Visit site
Bransford is another little gem too. Best played in summer but all the lakes etc make it a good challenge!

Ombersley and Sapey if you dont mind a drive.

Some lovely places nearby - and I just play at the cheapest :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Did four rounds at bransford for prostate cancer last year, lovely place just not when it rains. I've played all of the local places and play Sapey a fair bit as most my mates are members there. Never once played Raven tho!! Gaudet is lovely as is Wharton Park in Bewdley.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Did four rounds at bransford for prostate cancer last year, lovely place just not when it rains. I've played all of the local places and play Sapey a fair bit as most my mates are members there. Never once played Raven tho!! Gaudet is lovely as is Wharton Park in Bewdley.

I cant say it lives up to the surrounding courses we have just discussed, however, I live less than 5 minutes away from the first tee and its a good enough test for me!

The front and back 9's are literally two different courses, front 9 by far the better side, but its a nice place for a midweek knock around if you ever have the time!