I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Played the Championship Course at Royal Dornoch today, wow!

What a fantastic course to play in the sunshine. We had a very stiff breeze which made it doubly hard on the back nine. Shot 5 over handicap but played with a smile the whole way round. Absolutely loved it, think it's the best course I've played. Envious of my youngest who is based here and gets to play it on a daily basis, although I'm not sure I want to play it in gales or rain. Very tough playing into the wind coming in. Some of the holes are quite stunning out here, and playing for a members guest fee was just icing on the cake. If you haven't played here. Thoroughly recommend it, absolutely fabulous place to golf.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I
Played the Championship Course at Royal Dornoch today, wow!

What a fantastic course to play in the sunshine. We had a very stiff breeze which made it doubly hard on the back nine. Shot 5 over handicap but played with a smile the whole way round. Absolutely loved it, think it's the best course I've played. Envious of my youngest who is based here and gets to play it on a daily basis, although I'm not sure I want to play it in gales or rain. Very tough playing into the wind coming in. Some of the holes are quite stunning out here, and playing for a members guest fee was just icing on the cake. If you haven't played here. Thoroughly recommend it, absolutely fabulous place to golf.

It’s a course I’d like to go back and play again as I didn’t really appreciate the course that well, my own course has a more spectacular setting so that part of Dornoch didn’t excite me that much.

Everyone raves about playing there so I must go back sometime and play again, it didn’t help being paired up with 3 yanks? it was also a pity it rained hard for the last 6 holes when I played.

What did you think of the opening hole? I found it rather bland and a disappointment after the expectations of going there.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I

It’s a course I’d like to go back and play again as I didn’t really appreciate the course that well, my own course has a more spectacular setting so that part of Dornoch didn’t excite me that much.

Everyone raves about playing there so I must go back sometime and play again, it didn’t help being paired up with 3 yanks? it was also a pity it rained hard for the last 6 holes when I played.

What did you think of the opening hole? I found it rather bland and a disappointment after the expectations of going there.

Found it quite nervy, in fact was more nervous than the first at the Old Course. Maybe because there were so many people around, maybe because I'm partial to a left hook and was worried about losing it in the hotel garden..... fortunately, I nailed it straight into the green side bunker, so thought it a decent starting hole ?

I really just loved being out there.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Lovely evening out there, warm but windy (30mph from the West) Pic below is taken from the 8th green - we got six more holes in after I took this - Drove the 10th and left 25 foot eagle putt three feet short - right on line too. Still life could be worse - walked home and logged on to see some people had been practicing in drizzling rain down south (Sorry Homer :cool:)

IMG_3555.JPG

Sekiro

Visit site
Played Knotty Hill courses C&D (Co.Durham), didn’t score great, had some terrible costly mistakes but got a lovely Par on the 17th which made my day (as a new golfer any hole I par is a victory).

One thing I found was that the actual course does not match the course that’s registered on Hole19, I also tried two other golf apps (18Birdies and Golf Pad) but these also don’t match to the actual hole layout of the course. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a way to fix it?

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dumbarnie was well worth the trip. Stayed dry for all but one 10 min shower, and with the wind getting up to near 30 mph at times, a very sensible choice not to be stupid and play off the back tees. A very enjoyable day's golf round a fantastic golf course.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played Knotty Hill courses C&D (Co.Durham), didn’t score great, had some terrible costly mistakes but got a lovely Par on the 17th which made my day (as a new golfer any hole I par is a victory).

One thing I found was that the actual course does not match the course that’s registered on Hole19, I also tried two other golf apps (18Birdies and Golf Pad) but these also don’t match to the actual hole layout of the course. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a way to fix it?
It may just mean they have changed their course lay-out and the GPS apps have not mapped them since before that was done. Just contact the app themselves (whichever is your favourite) and inform them that their app doesn't match the course. They normally appreciate you getting in contact and they'll update it.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
It may just mean they have changed their course lay-out and the GPS apps have not mapped them since before that was done. Just contact the app themselves (whichever is your favourite) and inform them that their app doesn't match the course. They normally appreciate you getting in contact and they'll update it.
One of our courses has changed the order of the holes this year (for the better IMO) and it hadn't been updated on Golfshot - Not really a problem to me as I just selected the hole number it used to be - but I could see it would be frustrating to a visitor - went out tonight and it's been updated. Bizarrely the distance of some of the holes are all over the place in the menu/list but once on the hole it is spot on.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of our courses has changed the order of the holes this year (for the better IMO) and it hadn't been updated on Golfshot - Not really a problem to me as I just selected the hole number it used to be - but I could see it would be frustrating to a visitor - went out tonight and it's been updated. Bizarrely the distance of some of the holes are all over the place in the menu/list but once on the hole it is spot on.
Yeah the apps will obviously update it but they need to be told, I guess they're not all constantly checking. There's a local nine hole near me that had the holes in all the wrong order, I messaged the app people and they thanked me and said they'd updated it.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
A mixed bag today, +2 at the turn which should have been level at worst, but my pitching from <50yds was woeful, I then threw in two doubles and two triples on the back as I developed a big hook off the tee, very frustrating.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
9 holes this evening with the new fairway wods in the bag. String wind, and it was nothing spectacular, but hit the new 3 wood off the deck much better than the old one. Funnily enough, played the into wind holes much better than with the wind. After finishing up on the 9th decided to play the 15th (184 yard uphill par 3 with a raised green) as the tee is next to the 9th green and it's on the way back to the clubhouse. 5/7 wood (no idea what my 21* wood actually is) straight as an arrow, 5 feet pin high. And I holed the birdie putt. Lovely way to finish.

Sekiro

Visit site
Yeah the apps will obviously update it but they need to be told, I guess they're not all constantly checking. There's a local nine hole near me that had the holes in all the wrong order, I messaged the app people and they thanked me and said they'd updated it.

I dropped the club a message and they got straight back to me, at the start of lockdown when the course was closed they used that as an opportunity to review the course/hole layout and make some arrangement changes to improve the flow of the C, D and E course (A + B are unchanged). They apologised if it had caused any inconvenience and said that they had provided new course information to several of the apps so far but that most have an option/section to let the app owners know a course has changed and that it can sometimes take a while for the apps to make the update.