I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Knock about game today, very happy with 21 points out 17 back.

High point was a SW on the 8th from a crap lie almost in a hedge that landed on the green and ran perfectly into the hole for birdie.

Low point was playing the wrong ball from the rough on the 10th. Found an AD333, same scuffed look as mine, even had faded red lines like mine, chopped it out okay but then saw it wasn't my initials written on it but a circle round the number, blob.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Some of the vigilant will have seen I posted about a new swing concept I was trying called Eureka Golf (
). No instruction just watched two videos and put it into action. The reasoning behind it being it is supposed to be better for senior golfers and those with a bad back. Tick and tick. My back has hampered my golf for the last few years and I am struggling with a "proper" turn and to play more than once or twice consecutively or to hit balls

I am only 3 weeks into this. I hit a bucket at the start to try it out and work out what I was doing. I have then played a couple of times and been just a couple of points over handicap, more down to poor chipping and putting. However, I played Saturday in the very cold and windy conditions and shot 39 points off the white tees (furthest) with two blobs, including the shortest hole courtesy of a 3 putt. Won the monthly stableford and qualified for the end of season Masters event as a comp winner (senior and midweek comps don't qualify - don't ask me why). I then went out in the usual Sunday roll yesterday with the boys and shot 40 points and still chucked a blob in. And yesterday was even colder in that north wind!!!!!

Suffice to say I am not sure this is still a honeymoon period or I have stumbled something that suits my own swing quirks honed over 45 years and not for changing at this stage. I have played Friday (just a fun team event so took the opportunity to play around with all things pitching and chipping) and both days of the weekend and while the back is tight it isn't painful.

All in all it is fair to say my golfing mojo is back and off the scale. It is a "out there" method and I was sceptical but needed to find a way to take the pressure off the lower back when swinging. I have noticed despite the strong winds and a lot of our driving holes being predominantly into the wind Arcoss is showing my average distances with all clubs has increased. Misses are not so wild and I have predominantly taken the right side out of play. A very happy (at least for now) golfer
Thanks for posting the link, had some very good results trying it out.👍🏻

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a friendly match today.
We were 4 under gross but were beaten 2 and one ops were 6 under gross.
Best golf Match I have been in for years.
Even though we lost I really enjoyed it.
And it was nice and sunny.

Springveldt

Visit site
Thanks for posting the link, had some very good results trying it out.👍🏻
Tried it out tonight as well. Was striking the ball poorly to begin the round but scrambling was saving me. Thought I’d give this setup a go halfway down the 5th as my ball striking couldn’t get any worse and it totally transformed my round, had my best ball striking round in probably a year. Drives were arrow straight and irons either straight or a slight draw.

Ended up shooting +4 and pretty excited to try it out next round to see if it was just a fluke or not.

Felt weird setting up open with the feet as my miss is typically a pull left as I’m over the top. This setup neutralised my swing path completely, I was taking shallower divots again and the flatter swing plane suits my more rotund body.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Tried it out tonight as well. Was striking the ball poorly to begin the round but scrambling was saving me. Thought I’d give this setup a go halfway down the 5th as my ball striking couldn’t get any worse and it totally transformed my round, had my best ball striking round in probably a year. Drives were arrow straight and irons either straight or a slight draw.

Ended up shooting +4 and pretty excited to try it out next round to see if it was just a fluke or not.

Felt weird setting up open with the feet as my miss is typically a pull left as I’m over the top. This setup neutralised my swing path completely, I was taking shallower divots again and the flatter swing plane suits my more rotund body.
My Irons were definitely straighter and I think longer, but was quite windy, so was going down a Club and getting some great results.
Didn’t have the same results with Driver, but that was my confidence.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

How do you find out what it is?? I thought he was going to explain it on the video..😂