I miss my remote!

D

Deleted member 18588

Every time I’ve played with people using remote controlled trolleys, they constantly fidget with them. That’s my opinion on them and no matter what anyone else comes up with it won’t change.

Perhaps that says more about the people you have played with rather than remote control trolleys in general.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I currently have a push trolley, but when the time comes to go electric I certainly fancy one of these. Can't beat the feeling of strolling down the fairway without a care in the world. Would be good for the posture and all that

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This. Seen people so worried about moving their trolly with the remote they aren't ready to putt. It's just a gimmick and personally see nothing wrong with simply leaving my trolly at the most convenient point to exit sharply and head to the next tee. No need to use a remote
TBH I just use mine like... well, a trolley. I don’t play with it. I get on with the game and don’t put anyone off with it. It’s a way of getting my clubs around the course.
If peeps are not using it properly it’s them being inconsiderate. Nothing to do with their equipment.
I carry in winter. I don’t really see how I am an OK playing partner in winter but somehow not in summer.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
My last word on the subject. This thread got me thinking why I like the remote so much. On very rare occasions I've been lucky enough to have a caddie, to be able to walk down the fairway unencumbered is a great feeling. Having a remote is the nearest you can get to this. In play, I will often wheel it manually to the tee because I don't like using the remote when I'm near people. For the same reason, I'll often wheel it away from the green the same way. When it is really convenient is going down the fairway, hands in pockets, making the odd adjustment to the trajectory. When it's cold, being able to keep my hands in pockets obviates the need to wear a mitt. Also, in winter on our course, they paint white lines around the greens to keep trolleys off the surrounds. Having the remote saves a LOT of walking & helps speed up the game.

I am considerate. I DON'T fanny around with it when I'm on the green. Those on here who have played with me will confirm this. It most certainly isn't a gimmick & I fail to understand how I can look stupid using it, not that I care if I do.

Unlike most of the people making pronouncements here, I've tried both ways & I know which I prefer.

THE END

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Amazing how some threads unfold on here.

MIB I hope you enjoy the trolley being back (y)
Yep. I started posting on this forum around a couple of months ago, but I'm surprised at how volatile some posters can be over such trivial matters.

It puts me off posting, which is a shame.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Having read most of the posts, I too am surprised how many have immovable opinions about someone else using a particular piece of equipment .It's as if they were being forced to use it.
I have returned to the game ( knee op ) at the age of 75, and I am yet to try a full eighteen holes walking. I certainly couldn't manage an average course pulling my trolley. So, buggy or remote seems the only options.
I did previously use an electric trolley when younger and I didn't need to.
( I carried in winter ). Funny thing was I found that it gave me a bad back.
Turns out it was the constant reaching forward for the control on the handle to stop the trolley that caused it.
So, if I use a trolley in future it will have to be a remote. And I will not in the least be feeling guilty about it- or a plonker either!😀

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Having read most of the posts, I too am surprised how many have immovable opinions about someone else using a particular piece of equipment .It's as if they were being forced to use it.
I have returned to the game ( knee op ) at the age of 75, and I am yet to try a full eighteen holes walking. I certainly couldn't manage an average course pulling my trolley. So, buggy or remote seems the only options.
I did previously use an electric trolley when younger and I didn't need to.
( I carried in winter ). Funny thing was I found that it gave me a bad back.
Turns out it was the constant reaching forward for the control on the handle to stop the trolley that caused it.
So, if I use a trolley in future it will have to be a remote. And I will not in the least be feeling guilty about it- or a plonker either!😀
Good for you! I absolutely detest being attached to a trolley for 18 holes. Couldn't care less what anyone else thinks. I'm 72 & it's the perfect solution to my fragile neck.

Wolf

Visit site
I'm new to this thread and haven't read every post but just browsed quite a few and all I can say I wow...

Are people really that way inclined to be annoyed by and think there is an issue with using a remote controlled trolley.

I literally fail to see it being controversial, an issue of any kind and any reason to be bothered by it. If it helps keep people in the game longer brilliant, if it helps walk fairways unencumbered fair play. If I could afford an electric trolley I'd buy one, if could afford the remote control version even better I'd definitely be buying one.

Sometimes I do wonder about why people get wound up over these things when if in truth underneath it all you gave them one they'd probably use it and love it but can't bring themselves to admit it.

To all those people using them fair play keep them and enjoy it, if you ever want to donate one I'll pm my address...

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I'm new to this thread and haven't read every post but just browsed quite a few and all I can say I wow...

Are people really that way inclined to be annoyed by and think there is an issue with using a remote controlled trolley.

I literally fail to see it being controversial, an issue of any kind and any reason to be bothered by it. If it helps keep people in the game longer brilliant, if it helps walk fairways unencumbered fair play. If I could afford an electric trolley I'd buy one, if could afford the remote control version even better I'd definitely be buying one.

Sometimes I do wonder about why people get wound up over these things when if in truth underneath it all you gave them one they'd probably use it and love it but can't bring themselves to admit it.

To all those people using them fair play keep them and enjoy it, if you ever want to donate one I'll pm my address...

I know a forum member whose hobby is collecting them & fixing them. He's got at least three!