I miss my remote!

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Point is it's ugly, not really that difficult to understand even for you.
It’s just a way of getting your clubs round a golf course.
Not that I am in the slightest bit bothered but people have actually said how good the trolley looks and that’s before they have seen it in action. So I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a manually electric trolley and it trundles down the fairway with minimal input from me, set it to a comfortable walking speed and off it goes. With Homer on this one, remote control trolleys are just a little to gimmicky.
I used to think that but I get where the OP is coming from. When you have used a remote and got used to it it’s hard to believe more people don’t use them.
I always carry in winter and I enjoy not having my boot full of trolley etc but come the summer it’s a joy to use.
Horses for courses (pardon the pun). I guess they are not for everyone but I love mine.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I only have a normal electric trolley, and have no want for a remote version. One chap in our group has the Stewart remote and loves it, and yes I can see why and the positives of it.
However it’s my choice to have the one I have, just as it’s his choice to have a remote trolley.
What does it matter what sort of trolley he has, or is it just that the same suspects have to stick their correct opinion on everything?
Thank good for free choice.:)

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How does it handle hills and bumpy terrain?

I think i would need a 4x4 to get my clubs safely to the places my ball ends up.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having played with someone who has a remote trolley, MiB, I found that he was at the tee box before the rest of us every time. No walking around the green to get to the tee, no drop your trolley off one side, walk back to your ball on the order. He goes to his ball, sends the trolley on. It speeded up a number of aspects. Yes it is a 1st world gimmick but it was also useful as well.

Those dismissing it are doing so, I suspect, without having actually played with someone who uses one. I understand dismissing someone who you see using one but once you do the 18 holes with someone you will likely have a different perspective.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Having played with someone who has a remote trolley, MiB, I found that he was at the tee box before the rest of us every time. No walking around the green to get to the tee, no drop your trolley off one side, walk back to your ball on the order. He goes to his ball, sends the trolley on. It speeded up a number of aspects. Yes it is a 1st world gimmick but it was also useful as well.

Those dismissing it are doing so, I suspect, without having actually played with someone who uses one. I understand dismissing someone who you see using one but once you do the 18 holes with someone you will likely have a different perspective.

Is "dismissing it" the same as offering an opinion?

You can play smart and quickly with a trolley with a bit of common sense and forward thinking. That said carrying in my opinion is quicker than using a trolley.

D

Deleted member 15344

People have offered an opinion on them

I have used one for 18 holes and also played with many people who have used a remote control trolley and with varying degrees of success and annoyance.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is "dismissing it" the same as offering an opinion?

You can play smart and quickly with a trolley with a bit of common sense and forward thinking. That said carrying in my opinion is quicker than using a trolley.

There is a fine line between dismissing and an opinion. Some posts I felt were unnecessarily dismissive without giving thought to the upsides of these. I don't have one, the cost outweighs the benefit, but having seen one used well I understand their benefits.

I'd agree that carrying is quicker than a trolley, you can walk in straight lines when carrying which you can't always do with a trolley. The remote control trolley gives that straight line benefit without having to actually carry the bag.

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
I’ve played in a group with someone using one, I find them annoying. They constantly fanny about with it, even more so whilst on the green. Your standing over your putt and all you here is the trolly moving because it isn’t in the exact place they want it !
Gimmick nothing more !

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
There is a fine line between dismissing and an opinion. Some posts I felt were unnecessarily dismissive without giving thought to the upsides of these. I don't have one, the cost outweighs the benefit, but having seen one used well I understand their benefits.

I'd agree that carrying is quicker than a trolley, you can walk in straight lines when carrying which you can't always do with a trolley. The remote control trolley gives that straight line benefit without having to actually carry the bag.
My bad back doesn't allow me to carry. Remote is the next best thing.

and IT'S BACK!!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I’ve played in a group with someone using one, I find them annoying. They constantly fanny about with it, even more so whilst on the green. Your standing over your putt and all you here is the trolly moving because it isn’t in the exact place they want it !
Gimmick nothing more !
This. Seen people so worried about moving their trolly with the remote they aren't ready to putt. It's just a gimmick and personally see nothing wrong with simply leaving my trolly at the most convenient point to exit sharply and head to the next tee. No need to use a remote

D

Deleted member 18588

But it is that way! People oblivious to what’s going on around them as they fanny about moving the trolly !!

You never cease to amaze me with your self belief that your opinion is fact.

I have played many times with others using remotes and have never found them to be a problem.

Perhaps my opinion and experience is a fact.

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
You never cease to amaze me with your self belief that your opinion is fact.

I have played many times with others using remotes and have never found them to be a problem.

Perhaps my opinion and experience is a fact.

Every time I’ve played with people using remote controlled trolleys, they constantly fidget with them. That’s my opinion on them and no matter what anyone else comes up with it won’t change.