I miss my remote!

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
My Motocaddy S3 Remote is away having some warranty work done. A kind pro at my local driving range lent me an S3 manual. Used it yesterday & what a pain. I had to keep my hand on it all of the time & was forever wrestling it into the direction I wanted it to go. Walking off the green it wasn't where I wanted it to be. I kept reaching for the remote handset before I remembered it wasn't there.

I know remote control trolleys have their critics, but how many have actually tried them? Can't wait to have mine back, especially with the cold weather coming on so I can keep my hands in my pockets.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
How does the remote aspect work?

Is it like a joystick so you can steer it or do you carry a 'homing device' in your pocket so that it'll head towards you?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I'm assuming you mean S7? I too have one and recently had the remote battery run out half way through my round, and you're right - frustrating!

A massive first world problem, but you get so used to grabbing your putter as you walk up to the green, 'parking' your trolley round the other side, putting out and just cracking on with your game. And walking around the fairways feels so free! It's like having a mute caddy :ROFLMAO:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
How does the remote aspect work?

Is it like a joystick so you can steer it or do you carry a 'homing device' in your pocket so that it'll head towards you?

No, it is a remote, with forwards, backwards, left and right buttons. The left and right are pressure sensitive, to change the rate of turn.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
No, it is a remote, with forwards, backwards, left and right buttons. The left and right are pressure sensitive, to change the rate of turn.

Ta.... although I'm actually a bit dissapointed with that. I really wanted it to have a 'homing' system :cool:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ta.... although I'm actually a bit dissapointed with that. I really wanted it to have a 'homing' system :cool:

I did wonder that but then realised how would it know if a bunker, stream, lake etc was between the player and the trolley?

I've played with MIB a number of times and he drives it like a pro. I thought it would be a gimmick but having seen it in action I 'get it'. I don't want one but I understand now why people have them.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I'm assuming you mean S7? I too have one and recently had the remote battery run out half way through my round, and you're right - frustrating!

A massive first world problem, but you get so used to grabbing your putter as you walk up to the green, 'parking' your trolley round the other side, putting out and just cracking on with your game. And walking around the fairways feels so free! It's like having a mute caddy :ROFLMAO:

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk

Yes S7, not S3. I took the precaution of buying a second handset so one is on the trolley charging while the other is in use.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a Stewart remote trolley. Absolutely superb once you are used to it which just takes a few holes. Like the OP, on the odd occasion I have used a non remote trolley since getting the Stewart I really missed the remote. It just frees you up.

D

Deleted member 15344

My Motocaddy S3 Remote is away having some warranty work done. A kind pro at my local driving range lent me an S3 manual. Used it yesterday & what a pain. I had to keep my hand on it all of the time & was forever wrestling it into the direction I wanted it to go. Walking off the green it wasn't where I wanted it to be. I kept reaching for the remote handset before I remembered it wasn't there.

I know remote control trolleys have their critics, but how many have actually tried them? Can't wait to have mine back, especially with the cold weather coming on so I can keep my hands in my pockets.

Surely the trolley is where you leave it so leave it where you want it to be when you leave the green.

And I don’t think I have ever struggled to put a trolley in a direction - so easy

Nothing worse than watching people try and control their trolley around the green whilst they are stood on the green.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Surely the trolley is where you leave it so leave it where you want it to be when you leave the green.

And I don’t think I have ever struggled to put a trolley in a direction - so easy

Nothing worse than watching people try and control their trolley around the green whilst they are stood on the green.
Just used to walking onto the front of the green, then walking off in direction of the next tee & summoning the trolley. I'm speaking from experience here & using the remote is just so much easier & convenient.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Seems nothing more than a gimmick. Park the trolley in a sensible place towards the exit without faffing about trying to send it to the next tee remotely
Have you tried one? I've done it both ways & being able to stroll down the fairway without having to handle the trolley the whole time is wonderful. Would hate to be without it long term.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have you tried one? I've done it both ways & being able to stroll down the fairway without having to handle the trolley the whole time is wonderful. Would hate to be without it long term.

I have a manually electric trolley and it trundles down the fairway with minimal input from me, set it to a comfortable walking speed and off it goes. With Homer on this one, remote control trolleys are just a little to gimmicky.

D

Deleted member 15344

I have a manually electric trolley and it trundles down the fairway with minimal input from me, set it to a comfortable walking speed and off it goes. With Homer on this one, remote control trolleys are just a little to gimmicky.

Exactly this - I find it nice and simple to use and requires very minimal effort , have tried the Motocaddy remote one and found it awful. Seen enough people have issues with them including one in the stream :ROFLMAO: