I bought today.....

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We kept comparing it with the speedzone in the lowest spin setting and couldn't get the numbers anywhere near

Don't get me wrong a bad hit is bad hit but the spin is killing me

One for the club pervs

TSR3 - 9 degree - A2 setting - heel weight (2left) Tensei blue 55 reg -0.5inch

The LS LTDX head is completely different to the standard speed zone, I dropped from the SZ to LS LTDX but simply done have the s/s to make it work

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The LS LTDX head is completely different to the standard speed zone, I dropped from the SZ to LS LTDX but simply done have the s/s to make it work

I think I made the right call going down for a fit, I've spent years plastering over with just trying different drivers and lower spin settings combined with lessons

I have lessons with him so he knows my strike has improved, and now least I've found the best driver to combine with a better technique to hopefully make some gains

Wanabe

Visit site
Snapped my Callaway Rogue Pro 7 iron in the sim so decided to try something new and shiny. Saw a Mizuno
pro 225 7 iron on eBay, like new for £62 so bought it. Shaft similar to my Callaway iron and loft 30.5 so similar as Callaway is 31 degrees. Will be interesting to try it when I can. Always fancied these when they came out but we’re too pricey for me as a new set.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Was fitted for a set of Callaway Ai Smoke irons today...nothing spectacular spec wise...just went for a slightly lighter 85g TT Elevate shaft and asked if they would specify my usual Golf Pride Midsize MCC+4 grips....and if Callaway wanted to apply an upcharge for the grips then for the clubs to be supplied ungripped so I can fit my own.

Also bought a second had Ping TFC 949 shaft in regular flex to go in a Rapture Mini-Driver that I picked up a couple of weeks ago.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was fitted for a set of Callaway Ai Smoke irons today...nothing spectacular spec wise...just went for a slightly lighter 85g TT Elevate shaft and asked if they would specify my usual Golf Pride Midsize MCC+4 grips....and if Callaway wanted to apply an upcharge for the grips then for the clubs to be supplied ungripped so I can fit my own.

Also bought a second had Ping TFC 949 shaft in regular flex to go in a Rapture Mini-Driver that I picked up a couple of weeks ago.
Think I've got one of those shafts in the garage , if you want a spare.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
PXG Gen 4 driver , mainly for the Ventus shaft.
Cheaper to buy this rather than get the shaft and fit an adaptor.
Arrived today and its as good as new 👍

mister v

Visit site
I bought some footjoy tour alpha shoes for the winter, £109 from clubhouse golf with next day delivery. Id bought some fj pro sl carbon boa's for the summer and they really helped my PF so thought id give the tour alphas a wizz. really glad i did as i played saturday and sunday with them straight out the box and they were fantastic

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A Mizuno M Craft VI putter.....
I've been very happy with the Odyssey White Hot Tour #7 that's been in my bag since Covid but the insert is starting to deteriorate
Well, I have played over 500 rounds with it so I guess that fair....
New one is a thing of beauty....satin chrome finish, new SuperStroke grip and a gorgeous milled face....
Only gripe is that the head cover has a Velcro fastening......they wear out.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A Mizuno M Craft VI putter.....
I've been very happy with the Odyssey White Hot Tour #7 that's been in my bag since Covid but the insert is starting to deteriorate
Well, I have played over 500 rounds with it so I guess that fair....
New one is a thing of beauty....satin chrome finish, new SuperStroke grip and a gorgeous milled face....
Only gripe is that the head cover has a Velcro fastening......they wear out.
That's so funny - I recently bought a Versa 7 second hand, and the main new shiny ones that I keep seeing and thinking I'll be tempted by in the future are those Mizuno M-Craft ones. They look lovely.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Purchase was a couple months ago but I got a grip lying around to put on it as the current 40year old one is beyond salvage.
My wife dragged the boy and I off to the local 2nd hand reclaim stores. So I was browsing the pile of forlorn clubs .. one day my prized possessions will be left there by my wife or son. I found a Bronty Chipmaster 2 .. thinking I may get stitched up I said to the wife if he asks more than £3 , put it back .. well 20p later I was a proud owner.
The other night I was thinking the grass and run offs were so bad the chipmaster would be the best thing… I should call it the Muni master the club to overcome shocking green keeping, if any has been done!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Purchase was a couple months ago but I got a grip lying around to put on it as the current 40year old one is beyond salvage.
My wife dragged the boy and I off to the local 2nd hand reclaim stores. So I was browsing the pile of forlorn clubs .. one day my prized possessions will be left there by my wife or son. I found a Bronty Chipmaster 2 .. thinking I may get stitched up I said to the wife if he asks more than £3 , put it back .. well 20p later I was a proud owner.
The other night I was thinking the grass and run offs were so bad the chipmaster would be the best thing… I should call it the Muni master the club to overcome shocking green keeping, if any has been done!
If it works that’s the bargain of the year!😊

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

If you've got some time to waste you can read all about Bronty here:

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I've been very interested in buying some barefoot shoes for a very long time and I finally purchased a pair this evening, from vivobarefoot. They've got a decent sale on and also offer a 100 day trial so it will be a good chance to try them out.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been very interested in buying some barefoot shoes for a very long time and I finally purchased a pair this evening, from vivobarefoot. They've got a decent sale on and also offer a 100 day trial so it will be a good chance to try them out.
That sounds like an oxymoron to me...