I bought today.....

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Which shop?
The Golf Factory. It's in Killingworth, near Gosforth. They have a website but that only has a fraction of the stock they have on site. They have a lot of clubs, a lot.

It's harder to find a bargain there than it used to be but if you rummage around and are patient you can do well.

JT.

Visit site
An Under Armour Storm Revo jacket in black - £47.97 on the UA website (49% off in their sale).

Really nice warm and water repellent jacket, lightweight and good quality (I like UA gear though as the brand just fits me really well). Initially tried it on in American Golf and found it cheaper direct from UA. Free delivery and returns too 😁

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
An Under Armour Storm Revo jacket in black - £47.97 on the UA website (49% off in their sale).

Really nice warm and water repellent jacket, lightweight and good quality (I like UA gear though as the brand just fits me really well). Initially tried it on in American Golf and found it cheaper direct from UA. Free delivery and returns too 😁

Is it softshell or fleecey type material ?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
We’re off mats at the moment. Been using a regular plastic grass mat but after trying a buddies, decided to plumb for a DivotEnd Smartmat

IMG_0233.jpeg

What a difference. Takes a bit of getting used to as the feel and sound when connecting with the ball are a tad different to playing from regular mats, but this thing is fantastic. Have been getting some really crisp, clean pickups and hitting fantastically straight iron and hybrid shots. The only thing I’m struggling with are short 56 degree wedge shots, they are harder to play and tend to come out as flop shots. Definitely recommend these for anyone needing to play with mats. Also super easy to carry as they fit in your back pocket if you don’t have a spot in the bag.

Smoj

Visit site

i have this jacket and its so good i was really thinking about buying a spare one.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
a Cleveland CBX Zipcore wedge at 58º. Bargain on eBay and in reasonable nick. Finally moving my wedge set from 45/50/56/60 to 45/52/58 after years of chatting about it.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Another vintage mizuno putter. The last one is going so well I've pulled the trigger on this. £26 delivered. Go on then, you've charmed me😀

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just did that thing where you're idly browsing putters and err, accidentally buy one. Been sorely tempted to try a middle-shaft face-balanced putter for a while, so I've bought a second hand Odyssey Versa 7 which is exactly that. I'd estimate it's about a decade old, it was £80 on GolfClubs4Cash, so should make that back on eBay if it doesn't do the job.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just did that thing where you're idly browsing putters and err, accidentally buy one. Been sorely tempted to try a middle-shaft face-balanced putter for a while, so I've bought a second hand Odyssey Versa 7 which is exactly that. I'd estimate it's about a decade old, it was £80 on GolfClubs4Cash, so should make that back on eBay if it doesn't do the job.
I was in Silvermere at Christmas and accidently found myself in the putter section. So many good ones including the Scotty's and the latest Odyssey offerings. Had to remind myself I have more than enough putter options at home but there was one I struggled to let go off

Golfnut1957

Visit site
A set of Dynamic Gold shafts and Lamkin Hybrid ST2 grips. I have a set of new Mizuno MP5 which I was going to sell, but I’m now keeping them and setting them up in my type of spec. Just need some tip weights and fancy ferrules now.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was in Silvermere at Christmas and accidently found myself in the putter section. So many good ones including the Scotty's and the latest Odyssey offerings. Had to remind myself I have more than enough putter options at home but there was one I struggled to let go off
To be fair I've never been a chopping and changing guy with putters. I only have one at the moment - I tried a TM Spider last year but it didn't work out so I sold it again. So a putter has to really take my fancy for me to pull the trigger. 👍🏻

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
To be fair I've never been a chopping and changing guy with putters. I only have one at the moment - I tried a TM Spider last year but it didn't work out so I sold it again. So a putter has to really take my fancy for me to pull the trigger. 👍🏻

One of the (many) advantages of buying classic clubs us that they cost a fraction of a new putter so you could easily buy 10 or 20 for the price of a new high end putter.

I'm not saying how many I have (because I don't know) but I can easily play a different putter each week through the year. :whistle:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Best thing I did, putter wise. Also try short back swing and hit through.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of the (many) advantages of buying classic clubs us that they cost a fraction of a new putter so you could easily buy 10 or 20 for the price of a new high end putter.

I'm not saying how many I have (because I don't know) but I can easily play a different putter each week through the year. :whistle:
I really don't think that's a good thing. :LOL: I'd rather have the right putter and stick with it for years so the weight and feel is second nature to me.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I really don't think that's a good thing. :LOL: I'd rather have the right putter and stick with it for years so the weight and feel is second nature to me.

I honestly don't think changing putter each week makes a fat lot of difference to my scoring.

The greens change each week more than the feel of a putter.

At the end of the day putters are all just a weight on the end of a stick. Before a round I quickly find the sweet spot, have a few putts on the practice green to confirm and I'm good to go.