I bought today.....

D

Deleted member 25172

Been on the market for a range finder for quite some time. Received an email from mygolfspy this morning that they had a £50 discount code to be used for buying Shotscope range finders in the next 48 hours.

Quick read on some reviews for the PRO L2 and I pulled the trigger as it seem to be a bit of a bargain. £149 down to £99 with the discount code MGS50.

Smoj

Visit site
While I am completely satisfied with my wedges, I bought a brand new SM8 52-12F wedge for £85 with some coupons I had, for a backup. big fan of my 52-08F and nothing wrong with a bit more bounce.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
A pair of Drive steel grey, tapered Under Armour trousers as I find their leg length of 30" closer to 31", which is perfect for me. Noticed a matching canvas belt so got that too.
And I just ordered the same trousers in midnight navy with a matching corded belt! When you find trousers that fit, but lots! 🤣
Oh, and a really nice dream blue elite fade Mizuno polo from golfonline with vouchers from work.
https://www.golfonline.co.uk/mizuno-mens-elite-fade-polo-shirt
I figure given my swing results in an elite fade, may as well get a shirt to match! 🤣

Bratty

Visit site
I'm the same, bought the matching GW but my bag now goes 48 54 56. Need a 52 or something maybe.
Or if possible get a club fitter to bend the 54 to 53 and the 56 to 57? Got my Ping 56 bent to 55 to give me 5 degree gaps from PW down. Worked a treat.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Having been, historically, a fairly decent fairway wood player, I've definitely declined in consistency in the past few years..
Fine off the tee but 3/10 from the floor.
However, in the same period, my hybrid play has got better....
So.....a little experiment.
I've had original Epic 3 and 4 hybrids for some time....I've acquired the 2h
18°...going to knock it down to 17 and see if it beats the 4w .
Watch this space..

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Having been, historically, a fairly decent fairway wood player, I've definitely declined in consistency in the past few years..
Fine off the tee but 3/10 from the floor.
However, in the same period, my hybrid play has got better....
So.....a little experiment.
I've had original Epic 3 and 4 hybrids for some time....I've acquired the 2h
18°...going to knock it down to 17 and see if it beats the 4w .
Watch this space..
“Watch this space”

Don’t you mean watch the for sale section for a 2h?

Wanabe

Visit site
Bought a Wilson Staff CB 5 iron on eBay. £65 inc postage and in excellent condition. Snapped my 5 iron in the sim. Was a Callaway Rogue Pro. Just fancied trying a Forged iron with some pedigree. Lost a bit of distance overall but it does feel soft and is pretty forgiving. Probably a bit too close to my 6 iron in carry distance so may look at having it bent a degree or two stronger. Don’t have the funds for a new set of irons at present so this will tide me over for a couple of years.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I'd only seen Fred Daly versions of the later John Letters "Styled in Scotland" Master Model.
But now I can add these which I've just taken delivery of, Arthur Lees Styled in Scotland, 2 to 9 irons. :eek:

(Yes, you've got to be a sad old club collector to appreciate them. But wait a few days and I'll have something for everyone to appreciate, well, maybe one or two more than appreciate these Arthur Lees)

What a pity there's rain forecast for tomorrow or these would be in the bag for the Seniors Stableford comp.

1683238147839.png

HeftyHacker

Visit site
3 lessons with James Robinson (the former tour Pro who occasionally features on Rick Sheils' YouTube channel). One of my mates has had lessons with him recently and can't speak highly enough of him.

Bratty

Visit site
3 lessons with James Robinson (the former tour Pro who occasionally features on Rick Sheils' YouTube channel). One of my mates has had lessons with him recently and can't speak highly enough of him.
He's got his own channel, so make sure you watch a couple of his vids before your first lesson! 😉 Enjoy.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
“Watch this space”

Don’t you mean watch the for sale section for a 2h?
Well..if today was anything to go by..it's a keeper.
Set at 18 it just beats the 4w off the tee but is vastly more consistent from the deck.
Used it off the tee on every hole bar the par 3s and shot 75...
Interestingly, I knocked it down to 17 on my 2nd 9 and it felt like a different club...poor strikes, thins, toes....
Set it back to 18 on the18th and Boom!
On our 12th, slightly downwind (7/8mph) and slightly downhill.......241 yards......
4w goes in the cupboard for another day......

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Well..if today was anything to go by..it's a keeper.
Set at 18 it just beats the 4w off the tee but is vastly more consistent from the deck.
Used it off the tee on every hole bar the par 3s and shot 75...
Interestingly, I knocked it down to 17 on my 2nd 9 and it felt like a different club...poor strikes, thins, toes....
Set it back to 18 on the18th and Boom!
On our 12th, slightly downwind (7/8mph) and slightly downhill.......241 yards......
4w goes in the cupboard for another day......

So you’ve now got a cheat stick? 🙄

Help !!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I've booked a full custom fitting session at a local place using GC Quad etc.

Its my 30th in September and I'm feeling some new irons on the horizon - not picky on brand at all, just want whatever's best for me and they offer that service!