I bought today.....

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I thought that would be a plus, but when I think about it, when I go back to playing golf she'll have the kid and thus probably want the big car. So I'll be making do with my Fiesta still.

Yeah I've had to console myself that in reality the space will only really be useful for the big family trips away.

Although I'm hoping I can nick it for a few days for the St Andrews trip in September. Be good to get the 4 of us in one car rather than taking 2.

sunshine

Visit site
This Thursday. Car is being delivered today and then I need to fix the carseat's 'isofix' base to it. ?

Good luck to you and the family.

Soon you'll be busy on a different forum discussing the benefits of the latest bugaboo (worth getting fitted) and price increases at centre parcs.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I did actually buy something golf related today, a dozen Pro V1s from the pro shop while I went in for a natter.

As well as 2 replacement bandsaw blades (man when one of them snaps, you know about it!) and a tin of Rubio Monocoat Cotton White hard wax oil for an oak console table I am working on.

The 300ml tin of oil cost as much as the Pro Vs ?

Big85

Visit site
Got to tell us a bit more than that :p
what was it that secured the deal
Well my current driver is the Taylor made m3 which I’ve been averaging 250 yards with quite a high ball flight. After today I now have a heavier shaft, higher kick point in the new shaft which gives alot better ball flight. I was averaging 275 yards with the ping. I guess that’s the importance of having a proper fitting. Driver just felt solid even on the miss hits

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well my current driver is the Taylor made m3 which I’ve been averaging 250 yards with quite a high ball flight. After today I now have a heavier shaft, higher kick point in the new shaft which gives alot better ball flight. I was averaging 275 yards with the ping. I guess that’s the importance of having a proper fitting. Driver just felt solid even on the miss hits
I am going to demo one next week.
looking forward to it.
I have G425 but spin the living daylights out of it.
lads who have tried G430 said the flight is lower due to less spin.

Big85

Visit site
I am going to demo one next week.
looking forward to it.
I have G425 but spin the living daylights out of it.
lads who have tried G430 said the flight is lower due to less spin.
Ah ok. Was you fitted for the 425? I tried several shafts where the spin was too high in the 430 but narrowed it down and was spinning around 2600rpm. This was the max. I also tried the lst head but there was no gain in it for me and the Mishits were better with the max

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ah ok. Was you fitted for the 425? I tried several shafts where the spin was too high in the 430 but narrowed it down and was spinning around 2600rpm. This was the max. I also tried the lst head but there was no gain in it for me and the Mishits were better with the max
Yes I was.
its straight as a die off the tee so I can put up with the spin.
so the 430 will have to be very good to take it’s place.

Smoj

Visit site
A brand new Vokey SM8 56.08 M Grind, I've decided to drop my 54 & 58 wedge and go 50-56, which frees up a space for something, but not sure what.. :LOL:
A stretchy Under Armour belt.
some Agean Green Under Armour Match Play Taper Trousers
and to round it all off some Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm :whistle:

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Played silverdale this afternoon.

Popped into the clubhouse for a choccy bar after the 11th and ended up walking out with an ex demo Callaway Rogue ST LS driver in great nick for 180 quid!

Expensive choccy bar!

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I had to change my BMW 3series for a Vauxhall Insignia when the kids came along :(

I bought a 3 series, but between ordering it and getting it, my other half got pregnant. We kept it for 5 years, but it was a nightmare trying to get a buggy in the boot lengthways.
When the 2nd herbert came along we had to upgrade to a 5 series. The first christmas we had it, my wife went out to buy a christmas tree and came back fuming, with it across the back seats and hanging out of both windows. Neither of us had realised the back seats didnt fold down...
20 years on, we're back to a 3 series. Now its a struggle to get a set of clubs in the boot lengthways.

sjw

Visit site
TaylorMade Stealth irons

Fitted the other week and finally committed.

Got a free bag chucked in as well, the fitter price matched an online offer which was really good of them.

Last edited:

Albo

Visit site
Having had a lesson last week where my driver swing speed was shameful (obviously being on the forum I still carry is 280 though) I’ve invested in some speed sticks and a prgr launch monitor to try and rectify my ailing swing speed.
A fool and his money

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A Sunderland Aspen mid layer. I actually bought it on Sunday but it was delivered today. Seen a few people wearing them and I really like the style and fit.