I bought today.....

Springveldt

Visit site
I noticed last night that my Srixon 4 Hybrid has a crack in it where the face and sole meet so obviously I need a couple of new hybrids now.

Just ordered a 3 and 4 Apex 21 hybrids from Callaway Preowned. The EU site appears to be down and the US one has a big sale on so I just used that. Works out at around £230 for both of them delivered. I'm guessing I'll get hit with import duties as well (did when I bought my Rogue 3 wood from them) but overall seems like a good deal for hybrids that only came out last year.

When they arrive I'll let the wife know that I've just bought myself an early father's day/birthday present. Probably chuck my M1 3 hybrid on eBay now.
Ok, got import duties of £61 so not so much of a bargain now. ? Would have got them way cheaper on eBay.

sunshine

Visit site
Agreed. I bought two bags of pink castles probably about 4 years ago as well. Haven't even opened the second bag yet, they're sitting in my drawer. Given the amount of pink tees that I find on the course it wouldn't surprise me if I never have to buy driver tees again.

I've never bought a tee in my life.

Find as many as I lose / break. I'm quite specific - I only use white wooden tees in summer.

In winter I use a couple of long white plastic tees. I've been using the same two tees for 3 years. There's an argument that they are more environmentally friendly than wood / bamboo if you can use them for years.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've never bought a tee in my life.

Find as many as I lose / break. I'm quite specific - I only use white wooden tees in summer.

In winter I use a couple of long white plastic tees. I've been using the same two tees for 3 years. There's an argument that they are more environmentally friendly than wood / bamboo if you can use them for years.
Certainly, if you never lose any and constantly re-use them! This is what I've always said against wooden tees. They just break so easily and the little pieces get left everywhere.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Certainly, if you never lose any and constantly re-use them! This is what I've always said against wooden tees. They just break so easily and the little pieces get left everywhere.
We were told at my last club to leave broken wooden tees where they were as the mower would simply obliterate them and turn them into such small pieces that they then broke down naturally and become part of the natural environment. The issue with plastic tees is that if the same happens the plastic does not break down. It gets eaten by animals, get into the ground, water etc and never breaks down.

You might not lose plastic tees but plenty do.

sunshine

Visit site
We were told at my last club to leave broken wooden tees where they were as the mower would simply obliterate them and turn them into such small pieces that they then broke down naturally and become part of the natural environment. The issue with plastic tees is that if the same happens the plastic does not break down. It gets eaten by animals, get into the ground, water etc and never breaks down.

You might not lose plastic tees but plenty do.

Don't know how people lose those pink castle tees - they stand out from a mile away. The answer is probably to ban the plastic castle tees. Those are the only plastic ones I ever see broken.

On our par 3's we have little receptacles for broken tees. We were told that they blunt the blades of the mowers. I use a broken wooden tee when I'm hitting an iron, there's always a few lying around.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't know how people lose those pink castle tees - they stand out from a mile away. The answer is probably to ban the plastic castle tees. Those are the only plastic ones I ever see broken.

On our par 3's we have little receptacles for broken tees. We were told that they blunt the blades of the mowers. I use a broken wooden tee when I'm hitting an iron, there's always a few lying around.
I agree but I used to play with a bloke who used them and he was often scrambling around the tee box searching for his after a tee shot. They often leave the areas around a tee box quite long and they fly in never to be seen again.

I like those little upturned cups that are there to put your broken tees in. I suggested them at my last club in a meeting which is when the manager stated he was happy for them to be left and mashed up. Perhaps the green keeper would disagree, following your comment about blunting the blades.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I agree but I used to play with a bloke who used them and he was often scrambling around the tee box searching for his after a tee shot. They often leave the areas around a tee box quite long and they fly in never to be seen again.
Pink castle tee user are the cause of most slow play. You’d think the bloody things were a priceless family heirloom.

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
2 pairs of Payntr 002X golf shoes one pair in white & the other in black. I have a pair of the 001's & they are really comfortable. Mygolfspy had them top of their best spikeless shoe in this years list.

Also bought a Ventus Red 6X for my drive even though the Ventus Blue 6X I have is working well enough, I just like to mess around too much.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Agreed. I bought two bags of pink castles probably about 4 years ago as well. Haven't even opened the second bag yet, they're sitting in my drawer. Given the amount of pink tees that I find on the course it wouldn't surprise me if I never have to buy driver tees again.

A bloke at our place bought a monster bag of 500 of them last year. He was asked how many he's got left......600 !!!! LOL

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Easygreen 1300 Golf Rangefinder

don’t know if there any good but it looks
Like Aldi are doing them
For £130.