I bought today.....

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Unfortunately the ones near me have. At least 3 that I can think of have closed within the last 5 years never mind 10. :(

Since 2012, the date of the book, several courses in Sussex have closed (West Chiltington, Hassocks, Waterhall, Rusper) or been reduced to nine holes (Cottesmore Phoenix, Mannings Heath Kingfisher) … and I can think of a few others not that much further afield. There a few under serious threat too. I keep my courses played on an Excel spreadsheet.

Boomy

Visit site
Since 2012, the date of the book, several courses in Sussex have closed (West Chiltington, Hassocks, Waterhall, Rusper) or been reduced to nine holes (Cottesmore Phoenix, Mannings Heath Kingfisher) … and I can think of a few others not that much further afield. There a few under serious threat too. I keep my courses played on an Excel spreadsheet.

It really must be more prevalent down South - such a shame to lose so many, and I’m sure there’ll have been some great tracks in there.

The book has a bit of blurb about each course as well, so I’m hoping it’ll be good to look back through years from now.. rather than looking at a list ?

Boomy

Visit site
Entry to a 5k race series for me and Mrs Boomy ??‍♂️??‍♀️ Get fitness built back up and beat this long covid hangover! (Overall fitness improvements will also feed into golf fitness ?)

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

I used to play football with a guy who maintained a spreadsheet called shags.xls, for some reason this made me think of him for the first time in years :)

Springveldt

Visit site
County Golf strikes again. Bought 2 pairs of Proquip shorts at £16.50 a pair, which seems like a decent price and a Cutter & Buck Quilted Gilet for £25. Love my Sunderland one, hope this one is the same material and quality.

AAC

Visit site
I took delivery yesterday of a Titleist TS2 driver bought from Clubhouse Golf, i've had a lot of Titleist drivers in the past and pretty much know my shaft requirements so this fitted the bill perfectly and at £299.00 brand new with headcover, wrench and next day delivery it was a bit of a bargain. One range session in I have found the best setting for me and all seems good, a definite improvement in distance (versus my Cobra f7) and dispersion was good too. Looking forward to the course on Sunday.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I took delivery yesterday of a Titleist TS2 driver bought from Clubhouse Golf, i've had a lot of Titleist drivers in the past and pretty much know my shaft requirements so this fitted the bill perfectly and at £299.00 brand new with headcover, wrench and next day delivery it was a bit of a bargain. One range session in I have found the best setting for me and all seems good, a definite improvement in distance (versus my Cobra f7) and dispersion was good too. Looking forward to the course on Sunday.

Wow, that is a steal.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
County Golf strikes again. Bought 2 pairs of Proquip shorts at £16.50 a pair, which seems like a decent price and a Cutter & Buck Quilted Gilet for £25. Love my Sunderland one, hope this one is the same material and quality.

I get regular (nay daily) emails and I have to resist going onto the site as there are always bargains to be had

Dingy

Visit site
I bought Tour Velvet Midsize Plus 4 grips and changed all my clubs grips, certainly seem to be striking the ball better and further.
Also bought some rubber topped Tees which seem to be impossible to lose.

Springveldt

Visit site
I get regular (nay daily) emails and I have to resist going onto the site as there are always bargains to be had
I actually unsubscribed from their emails as the deals were too tempting.
Just decided to have a look if there where any cheap shorts as I hate having to pay £40 for a pair since they are half the material of the trousers yet the same price.

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
Brought my 11 year old a golf glove and a Junior membership. I can now take him to the range and hopefully one day the course a couple of times a week, which means I get guilt free practice and additional rounds on top of my Sat comps