I bought today.....

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
A large wall clock, commissioned someone to build a bespoke coffee table and thankfully enough money left over for me to get my new wedge.

Ping Glide 2.0 50 degree/12 degree bounce. At least I got something!

You know where you are in the pecking order 😁

dronfield

Visit site
Just bought a pair of Puma Titan Tour Ignite shoes £80 Clubhouse Golf - looking forward to testing them on sat. Leather, 2 year waterproof gtee, lightweight and feel pretty robust with good traction.
Hopefully will be a good winter shoe.

Rich

LGC2019

Visit site
I've just bought a Leupold GX-4i3 rangefinder. I've never previously owned a rangefinder only a GPS watch. Looking forward to trying it out at this Saturday!

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
4 Dozen Srixon Z Star XV's and I won a Scotty Custom Shop Laguna 2 Putter on eBay oh and received in the post just my Puttout Pressure Putt Trainer to go along with my Puttout Mat.

If of any interest to anybody my local Golf Shop has the Z Star XV's for sale cheaper than anywhere else I can find.

https://golfsupport.com/golf-balls/premium-golf-balls/srixon-z-star-xv-golf-balls

£24.97 a dozen, American Golf have them on offer too but at £29.99, great value for a good ball up there with the Pro V1x in my opinion.

Last edited:

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sold my mizzys, funding...

An Adams CB3 4 iron to go with my CB2s, they may be old school but man they are lovely irons. I'm still tempted to go for a Mizuno fitting but funds won't allow that for some time, so these are more than ample replacements.

A stiff Tensei Blue shaft for my 3W replacing the Regular, the equivalent driver shaft is a revelation. If that works I'll be replacing my 3 hybrid shaft meaning the shift to from R to S will be complete and let the games commence.

Wolf

Visit site
Well I didn't buy today but I've just acquired a Wilson FG Tour F5 adjustable 3 wood that I can dial into 13-17 degrees, been after something like this since I started playing again, as wanted something I can tweak lofts on for a go to club off the tee.

My dad new this so went and nabbed a brand new bargain from AG in Maidstone so I can try it out and best part is he doesn't want the money for it, and got himself a new Callaway 3 wood in the sale to. Win, Win in the wolf household.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last week mate bought a Callaway X2 Hot Driver on Fleabay as he has the matching 3-wood that he hits miles. His theory was the Driver would carry 500 yards +:ROFLMAO: but oddly enough it didn't go any batter than his existing Driver.

I offered to take it off his hands for £60 - okay it's 4 years old but is in immaculate nick without even a smidge of bag-rub on the shaft as is so often the case with 2nd hand drivers etc. Anyway thing is I'm hitting it really well and is now in my bag in place of my Big Bertha Fusion. Noticeably improved distance overall so am well chuffed.

Only goes to show that the latest is not necessarily the best simply because it's the latest - as I have hit Rogues and Epics and other up-to-date models from all the usual suspects that simply don't suit me for whatever reason and don't go as far or fly as well.

The only thing I've hit better is the Ping G400 but at the price I don't fancy splashing £350.00. Come on Ping bring out something new.. (y)

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Last week mate bought a Callaway X2 Hot Driver on Fleabay as he has the matching 3-wood that he hits miles. His theory was the Driver would carry 500 yards +:ROFLMAO: but oddly enough it didn't go any batter than his existing Driver.

I offered to take it off his hands for £60 - okay it's 4 years old but is in immaculate nick without even a smidge of bag-rub on the shaft as is so often the case with 2nd hand drivers etc. Anyway thing is I'm hitting it really well and is now in my bag in place of my Big Bertha Fusion. Noticeably improved distance overall so am well chuffed.

Only goes to show that the latest is not necessarily the best simply because it's the latest - as I have hit Rogues and Epics and other up-to-date models from all the usual suspects that simply don't suit me for whatever reason and don't go as far or fly as well.

The only thing I've hit better is the Ping G400 but at the price I don't fancy splashing £350.00. Come on Ping bring out something new.. (y)

New Ping driver to be released very soon!

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Sounds like you've found a shaft that works for your swing.

Enjoy 👍

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sounds like you've found a shaft that works for your swing.

Enjoy 👍

Yes, definitely seems so. It's an Aldila ATX 55 R (Blue). Just looked it up and individual shafts are something I've never checked out although have been fitted for both my most recent sets of irons - have never been for woods or a driver. Amazed at the prices as the Aldila appears to have cost northwards of $300 dollars when first released. :eek: (shurely shome mishrtake?)

http://www.golfwrx.com/144415/review-aldila-tour-blue-and-tour-green-shafts/

Would have to agree with the review too - the blue shaft is certainly giving me a higher ball flight than my Fusion which has a Mamiya Recoil ES 450 F3. In fact a much higher ball flight than any of my previous drivers.

Last edited:

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, definitely seems so. It's an Aldila ATX 55 R (Blue). Just looked it up and individual shafts are something I've never checked out although have been fitted for both my most recent sets of irons - have never been for woods or a driver. Amazed at the prices as the Aldila appears to have cost northwards of $300 dollars when first released. :eek: (shurely shome mishrtake?)

http://www.golfwrx.com/144415/review-aldila-tour-blue-and-tour-green-shafts/

Would have to agree with the review too - the blue shaft is certainly giving me a higher ball flight than my Fusion which has a Mamiya Recoil ES 450 F3. In fact a much higher ball flight than any of my previous drivers.

Aldila did a 'made for' version for the x2hot. Not premium spec but not any difference we'd notice at our level.

I had the tour green in a fairway. They're great shafts.

If you shop smart on eBay you can prob get a good Callaway fairway with same shaft for a good price 👍

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sun Mountain H2N0 lite 14 way bag
Adidas Gore Tex jacket
Under Armour Gore Tex trousers
2 x Vokey SM7 limited edition wedges
Titleist 915 5 wood
Nike Lunar Control Vapor 2
Golf Buddy WT6 watch

The joys of an insurance payout arriving in the bank account!

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Aldila did a 'made for' version for the x2hot. Not premium spec but not any difference we'd notice at our level.

I had the tour green in a fairway. They're great shafts.

If you shop smart on eBay you can prob get a good Callaway fairway with same shaft for a good price 👍

I’ve had it in a few clubs from drivers, woods and hybrids.

Based on nothing other than feel and watching the ball disapear over the horizon, I’d have to say it’s my favourite shaft going.

I had the tour red in and Adams hybrid once too. Loved it.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve had it in a few clubs from drivers, woods and hybrids.

Based on nothing other than feel and watching the ball disapear over the horizon, I’d have to say it’s my favourite shaft going.

I had the tour red in and Adams hybrid once too. Loved it.

Tour red!! Jebus. I've heard tales of your ss but filed them under mythical!

The Synergy is pretty decent as well to be fair. Not sure if they do a steel girder version though👍

Last edited:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tour red!! Jebus. I've heard tales of your ss but filed them under mythical!

The Synergy is pretty decent as well to be fair. Not sure if they do a steel girder version though👍

I think the Red is softer than the green tbh mate.

My SS is not what it was a few years back either tbh, although I still look like an epileptic lumberjack when I swing. 😂