I bet you can't do this on your bicycle!

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Och, I used to do that stuff with ma Grifter when I was 12.
In fact, I remember crashing my Grifter and the fire Brigade having to come and cut me out it. It was that heavy.

Seriously though, quite impressive.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Clever.. But not....

the first stunt just shows a complete disregard for warning notices - I wonder what Danger of Death means???

Several other stunts, when they went wrong, could have ended up under the wheels of a car - imagine the feelings of the driver!
And I probably paid vast amounts of tax to the NHS to pay for the injuries suffered in paractice!!

Not wishing to be a party-pooper but there are set-aside places to do this sort of thing.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
TBH I wouldn't WANT to do that on my bicycle :D

I bet he can't put a Rowntrees fruit pastel in his mouth without chewing it! ;)

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
Fantastic rider, take my hat off to him.

I used to do similar riding to that a few years ago, but nowhere near that standard, I was an expert at falling off, nowadays I just do cross country and downhill biking.

B

birdieman

Clever.. But not....

the first stunt just shows a complete disregard for warning notices - I wonder what Danger of Death means???

Several other stunts, when they went wrong, could have ended up under the wheels of a car - imagine the feelings of the driver!
And I probably paid vast amounts of tax to the NHS to pay for the injuries suffered in paractice!!

Not wishing to be a party-pooper but there are set-aside places to do this sort of thing.

Whilst all you say is true, where's your spirit and sense of adventure Imurg? You sound 85 - were you never young?? :(

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I first looked at this thread with interest, I was expecting a bold forum member posting a clip of his nymphomaniac wife,....I guess I must've misunderstood the post :D

Where does he keep his puncture kit?

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Holy cow!!

Okay. He is very skilled, and extremely good at what he does.

Just how many bones did he break, learning and practicing?

My only 'gripe' is that kids can easily access this sort of thing on the internet nowadays, and try 'copy cat' antics. But without the skill or ability, there's only one place they'll end up.......casualty. Or the morgue.

I hate to do this, but in my day, we only had 'local heroes', who's individual skill level, though impressive at the time, really weren't very good at all. Just good compared to the rest of us.

Only last week I heard of a young man that nailed part of his reproductive organs to tables. Just for kicks and 'You Tube' infamy! From what I remember he was 'inspired' by the likes of Dirty Sanchez and Jackass.

The internet has a lot to answer for!

I'm all for adventure and risk. Just thinking of the stuff I got up to when I was younger. But for whatever reason I knew what was just plain stupid. The trouble with some kids when they see this sort of stuff, is that they just don't know their limits.

God, I sound old!!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Clever.. But not....

Whilst all you say is true, where's your spirit and sense of adventure Imurg? You sound 85 - were you never young?? :(

To be honest what worries me most is my Boy getting hold of this sort of thing, thinking that its cool and a great crack and then impaling himself on a fence post or frying himself on a elecricity sub-station.

And Pete_93..... Listen mate. Fooling around with substations only proves one thing - what an idiot he is.

Hapless - lets grow old and be grumpy with the world. Someone's got to do it......

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Holy cow!!

My only 'gripe' is that kids can easily access this sort of thing on the internet nowadays, and try 'copy cat' antics. But without the skill or ability, there's only one place they'll end up.......casualty. Or the morgue.

I hate to do this, but in my day, we only had 'local heroes', who's individual skill level, though impressive at the time, really weren't very good at all . Just good compared to the rest of us.

So you never watched Evil Knivel or Eddie Kidd then? There have always been examples of dangerous stunts for generations but the thing that was used THEN was common sense. If some nutter wants to jump from one shop to another then let him. I wouldnt dream of trying to ride up a tree.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Holy cow!!

I hate to do this, but in my day, we only had 'local heroes', who's individual skill level, though impressive at the time, really weren't very good at all . Just good compared to the rest of us.

So you never watched Evil Knivel or Eddie Kidd then? There have always been examples of dangerous stunts for generations but the thing that was used THEN was common sense. If some nutter wants to jump from one shop to another then let him. I wouldnt dream of trying to ride up a tree.

I must only been 5 or 6 during Evel's UK tour. So I wasn't that much interested. Eddie Kid, perhaps around more later on in my childhood, but to be honest I thought that motorbikes were just suicide machines on 2 wheels. I thought that then, and I still do now. I've had a few friends seriously injured in motorbike accidents, privately, they have said that the accident was their fault. Generally trying to go around a bend to fast, or more often, overtaking a car in a dumbass place. However I digress.

The difference to when I was a kid is that you saw it on telly once, maybe twice, and then it was gone. Today you can access this 'inspiring!' stuff 24/7 on the internet. Uncensored, and unregulated.

That's the difference between then and now, it's the access to this stuff. As for common sense. Again. If you watch something enough you'll believe that it is a good idea. Common sense is taken out of the equation. It's the 'if they can do it, and everyone else is doing it all the time' mentality.

I'm not against pushing the boundries, or want unmitigated regulation. But as you say, it comes down to common sense. Which, as we know, is sadly lacking in society.

As I said in my first post. I do admire the skill. Just not the way he goes about demostrating it!