I am going electric.

Franco

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have decided to buy an electric trolley with a lithium battery. I don't want remote, just a machine to take the strain of moving my gear around the course. Price is not the main consideration, but build quality, reliability and ease of use are important. Are Motocaddy and Powercaddy the ones to go for, and if so, which models?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Many friends that have had many issues with Powakaddy, so avoid in my opinion. Motocaddy for me are the best you can buy

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not so mainstream but take a look at Golfstream, the Revolution far far better build quality than the Motocaddy it replaced, customer service in a different league too from a small English company. Cost a little more but well worth it imho

Franco

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thank you for the responses. The GoKart looks interesting and is much cheaper than the others. There is a golf club not far away that stocks the Revolution, so I will have a look at that as well.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I've had a Go-Kart (now used by the boy) and currently use a Motocaddy S1. Both good beasts, although I prefer the aesthetics of the Motocaddy. I bought a 36 hole lithium battery last April from Liberty Batteries for £180 (http://www.libertybatteries.com), it's been a top performer so far, 36 holes with no issues, whether that be playing 2x18 or 4x9, no need to charge until 36 played.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I treated myself to a powakaddy fw5 for my 40th last year and I love it.
Powakaddy also own Hillbilly and Ezicaddy.
Ezicaddy are direct to the public only so no mark ups on the pricing

Hickory_Hacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thank you for the responses. The GoKart looks interesting and is much cheaper than the others. There is a golf club not far away that stocks the Revolution, so I will have a look at that as well.

Hi Franco,
You know when you say that price isn't your main consideration, why are you wasting your time looking at the plastic GoKart.

I'm not doubting that it can do a job but gee wiz it's an awful looking contraption, lego!

WWG

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I have an electric trolley, which I bought second hand and works perfectly. To be honest I wouldn't bother. My friend has a 3 wheel push trolley he bought for £40 which I would swap for tomorrow. The electric trolley has more bulk, it weighs more, you have to recharge the battery, and whats more you have to remember to take the battery with you. Pushing a modern 3 wheel trolley is effortless. Honestly, save yourself the money !!

Hallsy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ive just bought a powerbug GT8. Has all the bells and whistles and so far has been great. I unfortunately chose Lead Acid rather than lithium which was a mistake.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Hi Franco,
You know when you say that price isn't your main consideration, why are you wasting your time looking at the plastic GoKart.
e
I'm not doubting that it can do a job but gee wiz it's an awful looking contraption, lego!
Because it's light, reliable, packs to a small size in seconds, has a really strong motor, excellent customer service.
Oh and the 'plastic' thing. It's a reinforced plastic polymer which is very strong and doesn't rust. Nowt wrong with plastic. Lots of good things made from plastic these days.