Hybrid Shaft advice please?

rhubarbtheatregolf

Medal Winner
www.rhubarbtheatre.co.uk
Can anyone please advise me regarding changing my Hybrid shafts to something more suitable? My 18° and 23° Adams Pro Gold hybrids are fitted with Mitsubishi Rayon JAVLNFX h80 s-flex shafts as standard.

However, since my G15 Driver purchase (fitted with standard Ping TFC149 r-flex), it seems the more flexible shaft is more suited to my swing speed/type etc. (so my local PGA Pro tells me). It's certainly easier to get the ball airborne - something I don't find as easy to attain with my Hybrids. However, I really enjoy using the Adams, and therefore am willing to persevere with them IF I could find a solution.

So, 2 questions really:
- Might a change of shaft help me with these clubs?
- If so, any recommended make/model/flex? (I don't mind paying a little more for the right shafts) And, where can I buy/get them fitted?
- If not a change of shaft, can you suggest alternative solution?

There are so many shafts out there, it's easy to get rather lost in all the marketing, so any make & model suggestion you give me would narrow down my search hugely.

Many thanks for your help. Much appreciated. Regards, Philip.

A

Alex1975

Your Adams has s-flex, thats soft flex and your driver has regular, that is stiffer than soft flex.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Those shafts are very different. A Javln is a stiffer shaft than the Ping even if when both had the same alleged flex written on them, so the difference between the two you have is really more than one flex. I would suggest that you would be better off trying to buy a Ping hybrid than swap out the shafts. Adams hybrids are not designed for Ping shafts and it might be tricky to get them set up right.

T

thecraw

I'm surprised as the Javln shaft I found very very flexible. Its has a lot of torque at something like 4.2 which means the shaft twists by a fair amount so if you've got active hands this shaft is not ideal.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know what torque is and it isn't the same as flex. The JAVLN is a good shaft for a decent handicapper. Anyway it still has less torque than the TFC which is probably over 5 degrees.

T

thecraw

I know what torque is and it isn't the same as flex. The JAVLN is a good shaft for a decent handicapper. Anyway it still has less torque than the TFC which is probably over 5 degrees.

No [****] sherlock!