Hunter Mahan

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I confess to having a bit of a soft spot for The Hunter but he seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. Anyone know what's going on with him, any chance of him featuring on PGA leaderboards any time soon?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
really been struggling with his irons and short game the last couple of years, sure i saw him on a leaderboard recently so maybe a few small signs of recovery

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oh bum, any prospect of him getting back up?

meant check out last season on the web.com as he was trying to get his tour card back

think he finished around '40 something' in the web.com tour finals so he did not get his tour card back

he's playing in some smaller tour events I guess as invites think he's missed 4 cuts maybes to date and had 2 top 25's

so currently still struggling I guess

D

Deleted member 15344

Not convinced he's ever really got over that chunked chip in the RC......

Won four times after that including a WGC and some of his best finishes in majors - his drop in form he is happy to concede was down to his changing priorities in regards his family life and his children being born. 2015 he had a good year but it was 2016 then 2017 where his form went

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm watching the CareerBuilder Challenge on Sky Sports at the moment and he is in 39th place with three holes to go and nine off the lead.

U

User62651

A look around the 300-400 mark on the golf rankings is quite revealing, many names who were top 50 not so long ago.

At least Mahan is still trying. Maybe his form deserted him after the notorious music video!

Look what happened to Anthony Kim, was supposed to be one to watch a while back and an exciting talent. Went for an achilles op in 2012 and hasn't played a pga tournament since, finished at 26.:( http://www.golfchannel.com/article/doug-ferguson/anthony-kim-speaks-golf-only-fond-memory-mine

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Not convinced he's ever really got over that chunked chip in the RC......

I was stood within 20 yards of him when he did that.... life on the PGA doesn't prepare you for a "pressure up-and down" off a soggy Welsh apron in October!

When Karen said she had a soft spot for him I wondered if she meant in front of the 17th at Celtic Manor...... :)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A look around the 300-400 mark on the golf rankings is quite revealing, many names who were top 50 not so long ago.

At least Mahan is still trying. Maybe his form deserted him after the notorious music video!

Look what happened to Anthony Kim, was supposed to be one to watch a while back and an exciting talent. Went for an achilles op in 2012 and hasn't played a pga tournament since, finished at 26.:( http://www.golfchannel.com/article/doug-ferguson/anthony-kim-speaks-golf-only-fond-memory-mine
/
wasnt there talk about a large insurance policy and him basically not being able to afford returning

U

User62651

/
wasnt there talk about a large insurance policy and him basically not being able to afford returning

Didn't know about that. Would he have had to repay an earlier insurance payout if he returned to golf or something? Must've been some payout given what they can earn on the PGA tour.

Someone posted about Fleetwood's choke down driver grip on another thread and that's what made me think of Kim and google him, he did that choke down grip too albeit 8 or 10 years ago now.