User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Been playing twice a week even in the freezing cold

Game is best it ever has been.

Lesson every 4 weeks been hitting the ball much more consistent and longer

Single figures this year

That's good but personally I don't read too much in to playing well in Winter, recently had 74/76 rounds but non quals, short course etc, really means nothing til it counts.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Played mid Oct up here, then not until I bought a second hand set of irons out in Spain early January. Callaway Fusion with regular:eek: shafts. Did a couple of range sessions and was well impressed. Not overly long but launched high, and I could move the ball both ways - something I've struggled with for a few years.

Decided then to drop stiff shafts, and bought a set of Titliest AP3's a couple of weeks back with regular shafts. Had a couple of range sessions in the last couple of weeks. Wow! Me and practice in the same sentence?:eek::rolleyes: High and loooonnnnggggg.... Can't wait to get out there again.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played mid Oct up here, then not until I bought a second hand set of irons out in Spain early January. Callaway Fusion with regular:eek: shafts. Did a couple of range sessions and was well impressed. Not overly long but launched high, and I could move the ball both ways - something I've struggled with for a few years.

Decided then to drop stiff shafts, and bought a set of Titliest AP3's a couple of weeks back with regular shafts. Had a couple of range sessions in the last couple of weeks. Wow! Me and practice in the same sentence?:eek::rolleyes: High and loooonnnnggggg.... Can't wait to get out there again.

Brian

I thought you were going to ask what winter was !!, glad its going well over there and enjoy the AP3's

AAC

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm genuinely confused, you have qualifying comps in Winter that effects you'r handicap for the whole year (season) ?
Yes, I haven’t been a member anywhere where that hasn’t been the case. I am in the South East so we don’t suffer as much as other parts of the country plus we have a course that drains fantastically well.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes, I haven’t been a member anywhere where that hasn’t been the case. I am in the South East so we don’t suffer as much as other parts of the country plus we have a course that drains fantastically well.
We no longer have qualifying comps in the winter. Stopped last year. Assume you are at North Hants ?

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wonderful, picking up from where I left off last year. First hole of the year was a bird, 2nd year in s row doing that I think.

Scores not great yet but do have much promise!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
My new club pro has tweaked my swing since Christmas. In 4 half hour lessons we alterered just

The takeaway
The top of the backswing
The down swing path
The finish position

So, only the whole swing 😁 but, to be fair, I've hit the ball better and hit a few more rounds in the 70's including a 74 at Littlestone.

Im looking forward to some decent weather to try it out in now.

Dogma

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Going well.

Lesson before Christmas on short game distance which has transformed the way I look at my short game.

Bit of a wobble before Christmas with my irons, which my Coach fixed after Christmas and I’ve gone on to shoot my two lowest ever rounds since I started playing nearly 3 years ago (83 and an 89 Gross. 42 and 41 points).

Game is definitely going in the right direction and I’m practicing every week.

Currently off 22.4 but have a bet with my coach that he can get me down to 16 by the end of the Summer.

In the midst of all this, I’ve had the handicap committee email to tell me my handicap is going up to 23 :rofl:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm genuinely confused, you have qualifying comps in Winter that effects you'r handicap for the whole year (season) ?

We have 2-3 comps every week all year round where I play, all qualifying unless course dictates otherwise (too many temps).

It was why the variable standard scratch system was introduced, to stop clubs making winter comps non qualifiers without good reason.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Slowly getting back into it after my break. Managing a round a week and practice after work.
Roll on the season and playing 4-7 days a week.