HowDidIDo, CSS, Buffer Zones and Stableford adjustment

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok here’s the scenario

Yesterday I shot 91 off 13 for nett 78 with a quad on SI 9.

Today when the results were posted on HDID it showed CSS had gone up from 71 to 74.

I was also notified that my h/c had gone up .1 to 12.7.

Now I thought that as CSS was 74, the buffer zone for cat 3 under the new rules would be CSS +3 - i.e. 77.

I also thought my quad would be reduced by a shot under the nett double bogey/Stableford adjustment.

That would give me a net 77 and therefore I would be in the BZ.

I assumed HDID calculated all this automatically.

So why did it tell me I had gone up .1?

Have I missed something?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
All I can say is that HDID is not the oracle and that you need to talk to your club officials.

Last edited:

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers I have e-mailed the club sec to see if he can enlighten me. I hope it's just a HDID glitch.

Mrs MN thinks I'm silly to worry about .1 on my h/c but then, she's not a golfer! ;) :D

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Could be your arithmetic is/was deficient - and you are 1 outside the buffer.

Dodgy as HDID's performance is, the calculation is normally spot on.

TXL

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Could be your arithmetic is/was deficient - and you are 1 outside the buffer.

Dodgy as HDID's performance is, the calculation is normally spot on.

I have seen "mistakes" made when players enter their scores where the nett for handicap purposes was incorrect but the stableford score reported was correct. This is down to the person post processing the competition checking carefully.

BTW. HDID does not do the calculations, those are done by the software installed at your club. HDID is esentially just a reporting website. When a competition is closed, all calculations are done before the results are uploaded to HDID.

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
BTW. HDID does not do the calculations, those are done by the software installed at your club. HDID is esentially just a reporting website. When a competition is closed, all calculations are done before the results are uploaded to HDID.

That's useful to know. Thought the gross scores were uploaded to HDID which did all that malarkey. Now you mention it, it makes sense as of course we enter the scores on a separate system at the club.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
That's useful to know. Thought the gross scores were uploaded to HDID which did all that malarkey. Now you mention it, it makes sense as of course we enter the scores on a separate system at the club.

That'll (almost certainly - if not absolutely certainly) be Club 2000 - which runs HDID.