How to lower launch angle

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Want a more penetrating ball flight, which from what I read/been told, should give me more distance. When I slightly thin, or get a low launch angle (by mistake), I get at least another 10 yds, as per below .. which I admit, was way offline though lol

View attachment 30134
You might get more distance on a computer !
In the real world you will lose yardage as they will be in the rough or trees.
155yds with 7 iron is quite decent.
With a low flight you will need to play away from any flag over a bunker or tight to the edge of the green.
Most R&D now is for higher flight and drop and stop.
So I think you might make things more difficult for yourself lowering your flight.
Almost every am I have ever played with who hit the ball low has said to me “ I wish I could hit it higher to be able to stop it on the green.”
Especially when the greens get firm.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Tried and ouch and no, could not leave the back ball in place lol

I'd work on this. I try and put a towel down 3/4 balls width behind the ball when at the range and avoid hitting it. Clearly that's less steep an angle of attack than the ball, but it's helped my strike no end. It's definitely hard at first but the results have been alarming!

albie999

Visit site
Do you not think that you should therefore DO the drill that Bobmac suggested until you CAN avoid the back ball?

You seem to have dismissed it rather quckly.

The whole point of drills is that you do them, and then do them again.... and again..... (x1000)
Nope, not dismissed it, and appreciate the advice from Bobmac, so it is just one of the things that I will work on