How to hit a 300 Yard Drive in 5 Easy Steps

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Here's my foolproof method.

1 - Wait for a really important competition e.g. Club Champs (Like I did this weekend)
2 - Shoot 1 under your handicap in really tough conditions for the front 9 - (Like I did this weekend)
3 - Then proceed to double and triple bogey the next 4 holes completely blowing your chances (yeah you guessed it)
4 - Then proceed to slice your next two tee shots out of bounds (See a pattern yet)
5 - Finally just loose you rag, let the rage well up from inside, and hit the bejesus out the ball on the next one. (Just like I did this weekend).

Hey presto, 300 yard drive, in 5 easy steps.

But boy did it make me feel good :D

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site

1 - Wait for a really important competition e.g. Club Champs (Like I did this weekend)
2 - Shoot 1 under your handicap in really tough conditions for the front 9 - (Like I did this weekend)
3 - Then proceed to double and triple bogey the next 4 holes completely blowing your chances (yeah you guessed it)
4 - Then proceed to slice your next two tee shots out of bounds (See a pattern yet)
5 - Finally just loose you rag, let the rage well up from inside, and hit the bejesus out the ball on the next one. (Just like I did this weekend).

............... Or you could do as I do and just hit a 4 wood :whoo:

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Can't beat lashing at the ball in anger every now & then.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

Not bad,just below forum averages:D

mikee247

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Nice one :) Did it land in the correct county and how many squirrels did it nail?

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yep, the build up is always well timed for me hitting it down the 17th. You either want 270 down the middle before the dogleg or if your really angry, hulk smash it over the trees and cut the corner

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What about using something to make you angry which doesn't ruin your card? :eek: Like an argument with the missus about her shoes or failing to tell her she looks lovely even though she has toothpaste round her mouth and has left the bathroom in a state worse than urinal in an Indian train station...
i usually go low then ...

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
What about using something to make you angry which doesn't ruin your card? :eek: Like an argument with the missus about her shoes or failing to tell her she looks lovely even though she has toothpaste round her mouth and has left the bathroom in a state worse than urinal in an Indian train station...

Made me laugh... not sure I'll be trying it though