How to fix golf at the Olympics

D

Deleted member 15344

Then you miss the point of the Olympics and the whole Olympic spirit -

Manufacturing just to make sure the best players are there is wrong and makes it worse

All countries should be able to send two players and that's it

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Then you miss the point of the Olympics and the whole Olympic spirit -

Manufacturing just to make sure the best players are there is wrong and makes it worse

All countries should be able to send two players and that's it

Agreed.. If you're going to highlight the differences between the best, and the best of the rest, then I'd prefer to see the "best" excluded and the "best of the rest" left to fight it out...

In all honesty, I'd rather watch the best amateurs fighting it out for Olympic medals that might just be the pinnacle of their career, rather than just another bit of bling on someone like Mickelson's fireplace...

muttleee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'd agree, if all the other sports were all amateur too but these days it's only boxing and wrestling that are truly 'amateurs only'. Unfortunately money talks and the sponsors and TV companies want the big names.

D

Deleted member 15344

I'd agree, if all the other sports were all amateur too but these days it's only boxing and wrestling that are truly 'amateurs only'. Unfortunately money talks and the sponsors and TV companies want the big names.

And nothing beats a good heart warming story like Eddie the Eagle and Eric the Eel plus many other stories of "no hopers" inspiring the nation

D

Deleted member 15344

To make the playing field even like most field events at the Olympics, then true skill will shine

Which events are even ?

The cyclists use their own bikes

Archers use their own equipment

In fact every sportsman at the games will use their own equipment bar modern pent