How to do dress codes on a web site - Bamburgh Castle

simwood2

Hacker
Visit site
Played Bamburgh last year and thought it was fantastic and really enjoyed it, if a little "quirky". Quite a few blind tee shots and some holes that if you're a mountain goat you'll get around a lot easier :D. Seem to remember a short par 3 where the tee was on the same level as the green but in between the two was nothing apart from a steep climb down from the tee and back up to the green. Also played Dunstanburgh but wasn't as impressed with that - had a feel of a council run course to me - good views though.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Just to add, on a golfing note, not a dress code one, that Bamburgh is a really nice course, and welcoming club.
The course has some stunning views of the area, which is a lovely place.
But also has a few blind holes to be wary of.
It also starts off rather unusually with 2 X Par 3's.....

But being as you will be in that area, if you have time for even just 1 more game, then you really must head north, just a little bit further and play Goswick.
Best course in the area

Thanks for that, sounds good and am looking forwards to it. Just looked and Goswick is 35 mins away from where I am. Tempted and if I had my own car up there I'd do it, but will probably struggle to convince the wife to drive there and back twice to drop me off and pick me up.;)

Hacker Khan

Visit site
Played Bamburgh last year and thought it was fantastic and really enjoyed it, if a little "quirky". Quite a few blind tee shots and some holes that if you're a mountain goat you'll get around a lot easier :D. Seem to remember a short par 3 where the tee was on the same level as the green but in between the two was nothing apart from a steep climb down from the tee and back up to the green. Also played Dunstanburgh but wasn't as impressed with that - had a feel of a council run course to me - good views though.

Thanks for that, I like a bit of quirky at times to liven things up. Played Bude once and that was a bit like that, a few blind shots. So I'll have to make sure I play 36 holes in the one day so I know where to go the second time round.;)

simwood2

Hacker
Visit site
If you can do Goswick whilst you are up there then do it. It's one of the best courses I have ever played and would be back there in a flash. We are even thinking of playing it again on our way up to east Lothian on our golf trip next year

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bamburgh Castle is a cracking course. you will love it, especially if you get a nice day.
As for dress code, a lot of people miss the fact that they do help people feel comfortable. Some don't like feeling over dressed or under dressed and a dress code does help with that.
As for a hat indoors, whatever happened to men taking off their headwear before entering a building? I wouldn't dream of wearing a hat indoors and certainly not when dining, but I guess that's the way I was brought up. When I was a kid that's the way it was. I am sounding like my Dad now!

the smiling assassin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just back from Northumberland. Staying a short walk from Dunstanburgh, no clubs this time but played it before and it's a pleasant course with a wonderful stretch of holes from the 4th-13th. Not a bad finishing stretch either.
had a wee nosey at bamburgh last time too, looks like a beautiful course, one for our next visit perhaps.
hope you get as good weather as we had this week. On the beach most days, shorts and all. Superb location.

Hacker Khan

Visit site
Just back from Northumberland. Staying a short walk from Dunstanburgh, no clubs this time but played it before and it's a pleasant course with a wonderful stretch of holes from the 4th-13th. Not a bad finishing stretch either.
had a wee nosey at bamburgh last time too, looks like a beautiful course, one for our next visit perhaps.
hope you get as good weather as we had this week. On the beach most days, shorts and all. Superb location.

Nice one :D

Craigg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I don't even bother looking at Club Dress codes. I know that what I wear for golf will get me on all the courses I'm ever likely to play on. No worries.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I don't even bother looking at Club Dress codes. I know that what I wear for golf will get me on all the courses I'm ever likely to play on. No worries.

It seems a common sense approach but sadly there will always be those that push it either on or off the course. I agree with a lot of comments, the quote in the OP was good until it mentioned head gear