How soon do you put it up? and proper wood?

mancity101

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Your xmas tree? I have seen a few in house windows around here this week, generally we get it up end of 1st week in Dec.
For the last couple of years we havent had a fake or real tree, used a branch, cut off a tree in the garden, sprayed and decorated, quite a nice effect

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We have 3 real trees, and put them up around the weekend of the 12th. One in the porch, one in the hall, and one in the lounge. Might not have one in the porch this year, but then will probably have one in the dining room instead.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I get it out and our lass messes around with it for a bit until it looks alright then she puts it up and plays around with it until she is satisfied. Makes us both happy all christmas.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I get it out and our lass messes around with it for a bit until it looks alright then she puts it up and plays around with it until she is satisfied. Makes us both happy all christmas.

Brilliant :D :D

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
We have a fake one and a real one.

Someone I know deals in xmas trees so I always get a freebie off him.

I am proper anal about the decoration of the trees and have a theme for each.

Real tree has a traditional theme with old wooden decorations and the like.

Fake is always Tottenham, white tree with blue lights, and blue/white decorations.

Pip

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We usually put up a real tree in the lounge about 2 wks before Christmas Day. However, once Boxing Day has gone I'm always itching to take it all down again!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Only got a small house so our imitation 6 footer sits nicely in the corner of the front room. I get it down and HID is in charge of decorating it once we put it together and pull all the branches off. I also get to check all the lights too - lucky me!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Every other year I have to spend Xmas with my inlaws in Newbury so if I am down there I get the fake tree out. If I am home for Xmas then it is a real tree.

Most of my tree decorations have a meaning as my wife and I have been buying a tree decoration every year since we met.

As for when it goes up, after December 11th as that is my birthday and my wife is very insistant that my birthday does not get swallowed up by Xmas.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dec 1st for us, I get it out the loft as its fake, but a good fake! lol
then we put it up as a family, I mainly decorate it, but my 2 wee girls like helping and passing the decorations etc, its one of my favorite days of the year as it such a good family day. :)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We get a real one from the Forrestry Commission in the local woods. It goes up about mid-month depending on dates - normally get it done on a weekend.
It's very much HID and The Boy that are in charge of it. I just cut the end off and get it in the pot. I'm then in charge of watering the thing and I normally forget by the 20th so there's no point in doing it after that.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Twelve days before Christmas we go out on the estate and select our tree. The Head forrester then fells it and delivers it to the house where the staff put it up in the main hall and deck the boughs. Normally the upstairs maid and Butler are responsible for this and do a pretty decent job.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
we have a fake (tbh it's getting a bit tired). we usually take a long weekend somewhen in December and put it up then, this year w/end of 6th). the job is always accompanied by a few (!!!) drinks which helps.

last year we took the opportunity to pass on a lot of time-expired decs and wisely filled the space saved with a few left over bottles. can't remember what they were so the fun will be in finding them.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Twelve days before Christmas we go out on the estate and select our tree. The Head forrester then fells it and delivers it to the house where the staff put it up in the main hall and deck the boughs. Normally the upstairs maid and Butler are responsible for this and do a pretty decent job.

Thats nothing, we get all ours from Norway. A big one for the back garden, one for the sitting room, a medium one for the unpsatirs front room that looks directly onto the first tee at Muirfield and a small one for both the conservatory and the vestibule. Ha ha ha.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

oh how the other half live,

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Does it impress Retief when he comes round for dinner?

RobCowan

Assistant Pro
www.carrobes.co.uk
My sister-in-law is a head forester and they have a real tree each year. Last year my brother had to cut three feet from the top & two feet from the bottom to get it to fit in their living room. This year, he's taking a big marked stick with him to make sure she gets one the right size. :p