How organised / disorganised is your club ?

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Monthly Medal is on Sunday and is a drawn medal i've had 4 e mails giving me different start times and partners so basically they've drawn it 4 times surely once is enough.

We played a comp on Saturday and its now Thursday and no scores have been posted which is poor same as yesterday the Wednesday sweep was played and no scores yet.

Last week the course was closed we got one email saying it was closed and had to check the BRS Tee Booking site to see if it was open the rest of the week.

Is anybody else's club run as badly as mine, bearing in mind we 2 full time office staff.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Very happy here, results usually on HDID within 24 hours, regular e mail updates etc etc.

Glad to hear it, normally if the comps on a Saturday we get the results Tuesday morning which is poor ,i played in a few Opens last year and the were punching the scores into HDID after your round and were available that night.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
BRS system here for all member/open comps barring the wednesday 9 hole shop sweep, web booking opens at 7.30 each thursday for the saturday week competition and members are responsible for booking themselves and their fourball members into the slot. members can only book the one slot so no duplication is allowed.
Our place is actually doing quite well with regards to the techy side of things, we get emails when the course is shut/reopened, comp results, team results etc, the club pro uses twitter also to update and text messages can be sent too as well as the actual messages left on the homepage of the website.

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really happy with the way my club is organised and a vast difference from my old club. I get plenty of emails with course updates, pro shop promotions, reminders that entries are being taken for upcoming comps etc. Even get a spreadsheet on the first of every month with details of tee closures for competitions. Results are on HDID within 24 hours. Even got an email this morning explaining why the weekend comp was a non-qualifier as a couple of people had expressed confusion.

Compare that to my old club where all I got was a reminder to pay fees and the difference is massive.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Glad to hear it guys ,we get regular pro shop updates but our does that himself.

We use BRS for our tee bookings but weekend comps you put your name in a time slot say 7-30 - 8-30 if its a draw or in a specific time if not a drawn comp and its 3balls only.

The pro shop do use Facebook but only sometimes depending on who's working the shop that day. The guy who is the General Secretary is a waste of space the most unhelpful and most ignorant man i've met, he even said one day that he doesn't reply to emails sent in by a member as the guy had asked if he'd got his email and he said no

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
For all the negatives there are at my place the committee member in charge of comps is at the club to run the comps off the night each finishes or rarely the following day before tea time. All results are usually posted on Facdbook and MasterScoreboard by Thursday(Midweek) and Sunday evenings.