How often do people usually change clubs ?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think if something suits your game and nothing changes within your swing, a set of irons should do 10yrs and a set of woods 5years if you’re a distance chaser, 10yrs if not. Wedges I’d say 5 years if you do a lot of practicing and putters… if they’re dropping and it matches your stroke I see no reason to change it full stop.

My swing hasn’t really changed since being fitted in 2012, every now and then I check my recommended shaft on the DNA jobbie and it always suggests the same three for irons. With my heads only being 2016 there is no reason to look. If all of a sudden I gained/lost swing speed dramatically then I’d probably go for a fitting against my current.

Woods - I see no gain with my f8 over my amp of 2012. There been a few in between but I always end up back with a cobra variant so no point changing.

My wedges are now knocking on 7years and about to enter their 8th season. I don’t play as often as some here but on range sessions I often hit a good amount of wedges. The think here is they still stop on a button if I strike them right and my distances are spot on.

No changes here for at least another couple of seasons.

Now my vintage golf bag on the other hand… tinker tinker tinker….