How much to join Oakmont Country Club?

351DRIVER

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I was looking at their site and they are not keen to print numbers.

Anyone have a ball park figure for joining?

Just interested how much it costs to play a club like that

This was prompted by a video clip where they Tour official was saying for Oakmont they barely change the course for the US OPEN, they just change the flags, greens and fairways are like that for the members year round!

WOW

D

Deleted Member 1156

I recently played a club match and I was paired up against a guy who is a member of staff at Queenwood (won't give too much away, the club likes to stay under the radar) He told me they have 500 members each paying £60k a year (30 mil pa income!!)

They have 22 people on the greenkeeping staff :eek:

D

Deleted member 17920

I recently played a club match and I was paired up against a guy who is a member of staff at Queenwood (won't give too much away, the club likes to stay under the radar) He told me they have 500 members each paying £60k a year (30 mil pa income!!)

They have 22 people on the greenkeeping staff :eek:
i caddied last year for an American who is a member at queenwood, plays there once a year :rofl:

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
depending on the 'class' of membership the initial fee is approximately between $80,000 and $100,000 plus yearly membership fees which are a ways north of those

it varies but the membership as a whole is around 550 but a large number of these are 'national' (cross country out of state - so don't play many times a year) the number of 'local active' members is a deal smaller - nearly 200 members are single figure index players

351DRIVER

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
depending on the 'class' of membership the initial fee is approximately between $80,000 and $100,000 plus yearly membership fees which are a ways north of those

it varies but the membership as a whole is around 550 but a large number of these are 'national' (cross country out of state - so don't play many times a year) the number of 'local active' members is a deal smaller - nearly 200 members are single figure index players

Thanks for that, will stick my name down then..

I wish