How much golf did you play in January?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Up to Christmas it was fine - |I just wasn't able to play. And then the rains came - course hasn't been closed all of the time but we haven't had a full course for getting on for two months. And when it has been open it has been very very wet.
Would you like me to propose you at Blackmoor, so you can get a game in the winter ?:whistle:

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not missed a weekend this year and also played most midweeks, all 3 courses are mostly dry with only 1 winter green due to the surrounds being a bit wet.
Other than that its in great nick, they even cut and rolled the greens in January.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Check local rainfall from a local weather station.

Month Average Actual
Dec; 63mm; 160mm
Jan; 62mm; 223mm
Feb; 45mm; 129mm

So in three months we've had 512mm rain compared with average of 170mm. Almost exactly three times normal rainfall.

For years 2007 to 2012 total annual rainfall averaged 650mm.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Managed to get 7 games in January and 5 in February. Ranged from 9 to 18 holes on 4 different courses.

What a difference a few dry days made to the course on Saturday, it was almost as if the last few weeks hadn't happened weather wise.

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Zero over here , I played 6 rounds of golf over in the Philippines ,1 at Sarangani Golf Club and 3 at Mount Apo Golf Club and 2 at Rancho Polos Verdes Golf Club where bought land there as I liked it that much and plan to built a home there to retire or just a holiday home . I have not decided yet , just an investment for now , Played 3 times this month , at Burnham & Berrow on sunday 16th feb and at my home club last 2 days , will play on Thursday too ............................

m9wst

Head Pro
Visit site
Every weekend I was available, think i missed 2 because of work, but played every other weekend, course hasn't been closed yet. Worst case so far was the 4th was on a temp one friday! Thetford does drain incredibly well.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
5 holes was all I played in January, partially due to injury and partly due to closures. One benefit though was when I finally did get out this weekend it felt like heaven

John

Club Champion
Visit site
I managed 6 rounds in Jan. Only once this month though and it looks like that's how it's going to stay. Courses are open, just really wet underfoot, no fun.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played every week 2-3 times on full tees and greens and hardly muddy at all, play on parkland course and whilst others in area were closed we were open, only closed 3 times up to now.