How much cash???

flandango

Head Pro
Visit site
Don't want to spoil anyones evening here but I am just interested.

As we all know golf is addictive and I buy something golf related on a weekly basis.

Just wandered how much you guys / Gals have spent this year alone on golf. Equipment, holidays, traveling memberships etc???

Have a quick tally up!!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Membership £1160 including bar levy and locker
TM irons - £300 including trade in
My joys £220 for 2 pairs
Golf bags x 2 £160
TM wedges x 2 £110 for the pair
Cally wedges x 2 £89 for the pair
Golf shirts £200+
Lessons - £300
Society days and green fees - £200

Thats off the top of my head and I'm pretty sure there must be other stuff

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't want to spoil anyones evening here .......
Have a quick tally up!!!

You B'std Lee.

You have just ruined 2008 for me.... :eek: :p

Club fees, topping up bar card (several times per year), club friendlies at £20, Vets friendlies at £12, NOT including new equipment, odds and ends, somewhere between £2000 and £2500 a year. If the lads get their act together and we have an away long weekend/week, then another £600 - £1000.

OMG. That's more than my income untill the old age pension kicks in. Don't tell HID or I'll have to give it up :eek: :eek:

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wreckon just shy of £2000. Happy as larry though as if I were a smoker, I could of smoked away the money instead.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
As an added extra on this thread- how many people think they will spend the same next year as if it is a yearly golfing cost? I don't think I will spend as much, however will probably end up doing so anyway by the time I get my new driver, wedges and hybrid / shoes, apparel and accessories of all descriptions ;) Are these levels of expenditure maintainable year on year? I ask as this has been my first full season in serious golf.

IM01

Challenge Tour Pro
www.goswicklinksgc.co.uk
Must be headin towards 3k this year...
Not much of a gear monster but new irons,putter and shoes in the last month,plus 5 round of golf in Spain including Valderama have made this a more expensive year than normal.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My fees will probably increase given the reduced membership although that may be a false economy by the club if even more members decide it is now too expensive and numbers drop even further.

As for kit, I don't plan to change too much more but I may have found a way to get any changes catered for but I can't be sure for a few months yet as irons are still in fires and plans are still being made.

The only thing I might have to invest in will be lessons but I have already negotitated the price from £43 to £33 for a block booking (£154 for 5) so that should take me to May or June when the season kicks in. Hopefully I'll be playing most days so my game should need minimal work.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Even if my fees go up I won't be buying much in the way of kit next year so my expenditure will fall sharply. Bloody good job too!!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Up until about September this year I hadn't spent a bean on golf equipment, just maybe a few quid on green fees at various courses.
Since September?
I don't want to think about it

T

thecraw

I dont even want to hazard a guess!

I chop and change kit too often, buy this on ebay, sell that on ebay, swap that with a mate, sell that on to another mate, buy this from the pro shop, buy that from a mate etc etc.

Funnily enough it usually goes 360 and I end up with something similar to what i had to start with!

Golf sucks!